EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I do apologize for my confusing gameplay, moreso than usual this time, as I haven't been able to get any real good reads on anyone, or a foothold on the game itself. Feels like it's always been day 1 for me, especially after night 1 where we got rid of two evil people with ease.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
At the moment I'd go Hedin before Stan. Though that may just be because Stan appears to be a bit more in the background and isn't really rustling any feathers.
what about that makes stan seem townier to you?
I do apologize for my confusing gameplay, moreso than usual this time, as I haven't been able to get any real good reads on anyone, or a foothold on the game itself. Feels like it's always been day 1 for me, especially after night 1 where we got rid of two evil people with ease.
which kinda surprises me considering you usually get into it after day 1 passes. any idea why that may be?

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
which kinda surprises me considering you usually get into it after day 1 passes. any idea why that may be?
I actually think it's the lack of players. We just went from a game with just about the whole community in it, to this one with just 13 to start with, and 3 got taken out by the end of night 1, so there's less people to bounce ideas and thoughts off of, and less people to question and be questioned by.

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
Hm even though EC didn't reply directly to me here this post has town energy IMO.
actually i'd like that from everyone. it seems most folks have a PoE but people should put it in order of most likely to vote to least likely to vote.
Hedin ~= malus > EC >> Stan >>>> the rest.

My top 3 are close. If I had to pick a team right now it would probably be Hedin and malus.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
finally got into the spirit of things, poyo

Nightmare fuel.

actually i'd like that from everyone. it seems most folks have a PoE but people should put it in order of most likely to vote to least likely to vote.

I think right now I would go malus > EC > Wizard > Stan from most likely to least. Wizard and Stan could switch spots, I don't know if I would switch malus and EC.

Also getting my vote down:

Vote: malus

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'd also vote for malus, but that would put him two away from being hammered, so I'll hold off for now. He's the one person I have had on my possible scum list since the beginning.

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
Not to talk myself out of a potential hit on scum but the thread moving slowly while almost everyone seems on board with a malus vote is giving me some doubt there.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Why is Stan so far down if you're looking at a team of malus/Stan?

I have Stan up not down but I understand what you are asking. I am feeling pretty good about Stan, he's staying engaged and putting out some thoughts. However when looking at potential partner connections for malus, Stan jumped out to me from a lack of connection if that makes any sense. Neither of them have really interacted or mentioned each other which makes it feel like they could be purposely avoiding each other. If malus flips scum then Stan likely goes at the bottom of my list for tomorrow because of that.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I actually think it's the lack of players. We just went from a game with just about the whole community in it, to this one with just 13 to start with, and 3 got taken out by the end of night 1, so there's less people to bounce ideas and thoughts off of, and less people to question and be questioned by.
fair enough. i could start pestering you with questions if you want :p
Hm even though EC didn't reply directly to me here this post has town energy IMO.

Hedin ~= malus > EC >> Stan >>>> the rest.

My top 3 are close. If I had to pick a team right now it would probably be Hedin and malus.
agree about that EC post being townie. :x
Not to talk myself out of a potential hit on scum but the thread moving slowly while almost everyone seems on board with a malus vote is giving me some doubt there.
not just you. im also a bit unnerved by it? also by FEP just ghosting after yesterday but im trying not to get too paranoid about it.

with scum not having a day chat they could be trying to figure out how to handle scum!malus being up on the plate :x

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
A mafia game where i only ever have to catch up on a page or 2 is so wild to me.
how come involving himself in other disputes is townie? which ones are you thinking/looking at?
Involving might have been a strong word, i meant more just weighing in on, regularly asking relevant questions and pushing to resolve things clearly.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A mafia game where i only ever have to catch up on a page or 2 is so wild to me.

Involving might have been a strong word, i meant more just weighing in on, regularly asking relevant questions and pushing to resolve things clearly.
can you give me an exam of him doing that? just a quote or something.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
yayomg-kirby-sleep-reaction-gif.gif

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kids are in bed so I'm here for a little bit. Want to ask you the same question you asked me, where do you go next if malus flips scum?
probably you, honestly. you D1 read of malus was pretty much a 'wait and see, need more' which is easy to hide behind with a scummate. sparks also had the same read from you.
malus also placed you high up on a 'would consider to vote' on D1 but didnt totally elaborate on why. again, easy place to put a teammate.

you also agreed with me earlier that malus was acting odd but i had to ask you again whether or not that was scummy and how that changed your read of malus. easy subtle shade to either build up later or discard depending on the way the thread goes. thus i'd say your vote is the most likely to be a bus since it came after HP saying he would vote malus so there's a vote there already with mine. you also leave yourself open to swap to EC if need be.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
hmmm, do i vote hedin instead since i think, of the remaining teams, it would be malus/hedin or stan/hedin? best of both worlds there. but i could be wrong and it could be stan/malus? but stan also felt townie this last little bit. hum hum.

also keep thinking that full claiming might actually be a good idea since we have a chance to clear that up today if things didnt line up. honestly i just dont vibe with FEP ghosting, though he could be busy. i dont want to leave that until last minute before day end but i know timezone-wise FEP can only be around when im asleep so. kinda has to be. plus if things dont line up? we got something to figure out there and it's not like we can do it tomorrow if we vote bad today. hrm.

The Wizard HPSauce i trust you both what do you think.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
probably you, honestly. you D1 read of malus was pretty much a 'wait and see, need more' which is easy to hide behind with a scummate. sparks also had the same read from you.
malus also placed you high up on a 'would consider to vote' on D1 but didnt totally elaborate on why. again, easy place to put a teammate.

you also agreed with me earlier that malus was acting odd but i had to ask you again whether or not that was scummy and how that changed your read of malus. easy subtle shade to either build up later or discard depending on the way the thread goes. thus i'd say your vote is the most likely to be a bus since it came after HP saying he would vote malus so there's a vote there already with mine. you also leave yourself open to swap to EC if need be.

HP chimed in after I voted, I voted and then asked what he and feps were thinking. EC said he would go malus after my vote as well.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
HP chimed in after I voted, I voted and then asked what he and feps were thinking. EC said he would go malus after my vote as well.
HP said this yesterday before your vote.
Thanks for the analysis Sneeks. I'm willing to back the Malus vote. Probably shouldn't have voted there yesterday with how things panned out but I've seen no real reason to change my mind on Malus.

EC chimed in after your vote tho.

Oct 26, 2017
honestly i just dont vibe with FEP ghosting, though he could be busy. i dont want to leave that until last minute before day end but i know timezone-wise FEP can only be around when im asleep so. kinda has to be. plus if things dont line up? we got something to figure out there and it's not like we can do it tomorrow if we vote bad today. hrm.
I'm buys with work and honestly almost nobody showing up for the second half of day 2 plus being totally wrong in what I was doing took a lot of wind out of my sails.
Anyway, random's flip confirms there is another doctor in the game. Unless you really want to start digging some tunnel where it's not me maybe lay off on this stuff?

Oct 26, 2017
I've read through but I don't have a solid footing right now and I don't really have time until after work tonight. I'll be around then but won't be staying up until day end this time.

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
hmmm, do i vote hedin instead since i think, of the remaining teams, it would be malus/hedin or stan/hedin? best of both worlds there. but i could be wrong and it could be stan/malus? but stan also felt townie this last little bit. hum hum.

also keep thinking that full claiming might actually be a good idea since we have a chance to clear that up today if things didnt line up. honestly i just dont vibe with FEP ghosting, though he could be busy. i dont want to leave that until last minute before day end but i know timezone-wise FEP can only be around when im asleep so. kinda has to be. plus if things dont line up? we got something to figure out there and it's not like we can do it tomorrow if we vote bad today. hrm.

The Wizard HPSauce i trust you both what do you think.
This post is spooky cause I just dipped in to see if feps was coming back and if malus wanted to defend the votes on him.
HP is probably asleep?

Regarding the pairs, I'm in a similar spot. Whichever way I cut it there's a pair we lose to. Right now that pair is probably Stan/EC for me and I don't have a good picture of their thoughts on each other outside of Stan voting EC today.
Hedin is also a bit of a common denominator for me.

I'm a curious here with Stan popping his head in and then dipping again when asked for justification on his Hedin town read.

Vote: Stan

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
dang i should say FEP's name more often lol.

and if you're busy that's fine. im trying to cover all bases here instead of sleepwalking into stuff and your disappearance was noteworthy.

im honestly no good at the numbers for this. i thought rando's role doesn't confirm a second doc? since we dont know what else is left.

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
im honestly no good at the numbers for this. i thought rando's role doesn't confirm a second doc? since we dont know what else is left
From the wiki:

Doctor Roles

D = Doctor

DD = Doctor + 1-Shot Doctor

DDD = 2 Doctors

DDDD = 2 Doctors + 1-Shot Doctor

DDDDD = 3 Doctors

We can't have a 1-shot doc as our only doc is what it comes down to.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This post is spooky cause I just dipped in to see if feps was coming back and if malus wanted to defend the votes on him.
HP is probably asleep?

Regarding the pairs, I'm in a similar spot. Whichever way I cut it there's a pair we lose to. Right now that pair is probably Stan/EC for me and I don't have a good picture of their thoughts on each other outside of Stan voting EC today.

I'm a curious here with Stan popping his head in and then dipping again when asked for justification on his Hedin town read.

what did you mean here?
So then does anyone who votes malus after HP said something yesterday get accused of jumping on? I'm not one that vote at the start of the day, I like to take my time and think about things.
no? you dont see me accusing HP. he's mentioned malus for a couple days now and said he would vote there.

you jumping on is from your D1 read and subsequent me needing to pull the read from you.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
HP is probably asleep?

What's been your general Stan feeling? You kind of mentioned him with relation to Sparks but really haven't talked about him that much.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
what did you mean here?

no? you dont see me accusing HP. he's mentioned malus for a couple days now and said he would vote there.

you jumping on is from your D1 read and subsequent me needing to pull the read from you.

I had him with feps on D2.

Yard work finally done and I have a little bit of time until D&D.

My current list:

Town and not considering any time soon for obvious reasons: Hawthorn, HP, and Eddy

Thorny was my top town yesterday with Fanto (oops!) and nothing has changed that since, especially with a green check. HP I mentioned would be a hell of a gambit to fake a green check after losing a teammate. Eddy is so obviously the doc that it hurts.

Feeling pretty good about: Monkey and Leo

Monkey is doing her usual probing and asking questions. Yes she can do that effectively as scum but she also does it really effectively as town (I've been caught in those crosshairs before). I haven't seen anything from her yet that would cause me to hesitate. Leo/VA I have gone over already but besides the light Hawthorn shade I feel good about the lot. Maybe I'm putting too much stock in VA offering him up as a sacrifice but Leo has come in pretty well.

I have no idea what to do with: EC and Stan

I haven't gotten the usual EC scummy vibes that I usually do (and trying to not read much into that) but I also I need to see more. Stan just feels like a lot of nothing there, I'm half tempted to move him to the group below because I can't really point to anything.

My vote is likely going to come from here: malus and feps

Malus was pretty much a non-entity on D1. I know he was busy but didn't give us much and was off wagon in the end. D2 was a lot of mechanics talk early regarding the setup but until his post earlier I couldn't really tell you where he stood. Just feels like he's trying to careful and staying out of the spotlight a bit.

With feps I really didn't like how he was talking about me yesterday but avoided talking to him. He was also off wagon with a vote on me but never really bothered to make a case there. EOD was early morning for him so I won't ding him as much for not being on wagon but still have to make a case for your vote, he just kinda put it out in the ether like he didn't care which feels scummy. His continual going after Eddy felt weird too, like he was trying discredit him for some reason even though it was painfully obvious what happened.

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
What's been your general Stan feeling? You kind of mentioned him with relation to Sparks but really haven't talked about him that much.
In isolation he's been fine for me. I came down feeling the Sparks stuff was town but I would have liked to see what he did if sparks had lived another day.
I'd like him to backup why he comes down town on you and also maybe answer the ranked PoE question.
His pushback on Sneeks felt aggressive enough to be town?
Paranoia has me a little worried with those posts where he "reread" you and EC since he didn't include any quotes and he didn't seem to feel a need to continue reading me / malus now that some votes have fallen into place.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
HP is probably asleep?

Iv been movin fuckin old washing machine and shit in the fukin rain for some fukin reason eat me.

In isolation he's been fine for me. I came down feeling the Sparks stuff was town but I would have liked to see what he did if sparks had lived another day.
I'd like him to backup why he comes down town on you and also maybe answer the ranked PoE question.
His pushback on Sneeks felt aggressive enough to be town?
Paranoia has me a little worried with those posts where he "reread" you and EC since he didn't include any quotes and he didn't seem to feel a need to continue reading me / malus now that some votes have fallen into place.
I said when i went off yesterday that i would continue rereads today and i fikin meant it.

The Wizard

Oct 25, 2017
Dont need this fukin shit right now, sposed to be my day off do not fukin need it
Take all the time you need, not trying to give you an undue hard time here just wanted to get my questions for you now with the timezone overlap.
One more if you do find some time: if malus flips town, where is your head at?

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had him with feps on D2.
hmmm

thank you for the quote, it helps.

i guess a follow up would be what made Monkey/Wiz go down on your list/what made Stan go up? You have Monkey/Wiz high up on that one and now you'd go Wiz first over Stan so i'm not sure why you made that change.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
hmmm

thank you for the quote, it helps.

i guess a follow up would be what made Monkey/Wiz go down on your list/what made Stan go up? You have Monkey/Wiz high up on that one and now you'd go Wiz first over Stan so i'm not sure why you made that change.

I had Monkey pretty high up. I felt like she was putting in her usual work and it felt genuine. Wizard I just feel a little less strongly about. Part of that is the change from Monkey to pretty much anyone else is noticeable and yes that's not fair to either one of them. Part of the hesitation was his initial read list coming in, I noted it at one point but kind of felt like he just mixed up Monkey's list on purpose. He also didn't scum read Leo but also after feps' claim he never tried to really push one of his other scum reads. He mentioned me late but didn't try anything there. Granted it was late and not many were around (guilty as charged here) but still felt like he just went with that vote a little too easily. Today he's been pretty good with asking questions and getting thoughts down but those two things, while not sufficient enough for me to scum read him, are enough to make me a little more hesitant on the slot than I was before.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I had Monkey pretty high up. I felt like she was putting in her usual work and it felt genuine. Wizard I just feel a little less strongly about. Part of that is the change from Monkey to pretty much anyone else is noticeable and yes that's not fair to either one of them. Part of the hesitation was his initial read list coming in, I noted it at one point but kind of felt like he just mixed up Monkey's list on purpose. He also didn't scum read Leo but also after feps' claim he never tried to really push one of his other scum reads. He mentioned me late but didn't try anything there. Granted it was late and not many were around (guilty as charged here) but still felt like he just went with that vote a little too easily. Today he's been pretty good with asking questions and getting thoughts down but those two things, while not sufficient enough for me to scum read him, are enough to make me a little more hesitant on the slot than I was before.
guess im just not entirely seeing what was enough from stan to push him up over monkey/wiz. i went back and reread everything stan posted between your D2 list and now and while I'd actually agree he IS engaged when he does appear I still don't really see how that pushes him above monkey. the biggest hang up i have there is monkey's play and subsequent talk of her meta - something I really, truely believe she doesn't do as mafia. sure you could have a hang up on her replacement but they still share the same slot and are the same alignment.

wiz has also been a good driving force of discussion and encouraging participation - do you really see him doing that as mafia? and i dont want just the "well scum could obviously do that" answer. if he's really doing that where is he pushing us away from?

the monkey/wiz doubts you have kinda look like you're looking for something to doubt instead of looking for something to town read.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017