• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
In an interview with Japanese outlet Famitsu, Kojima talked about Death Stranding, connections and the difficulties he encountered when starting his own studio. This interview was conducted back during TGS 2019, but has now been translated to English and published on Famitsu's website.

When acquiring funds for his new studio and game, Kojima went to the bank, but he initially couldn't get a loan. They told him that while they understood he is well known, they didn't have any record on him as an individual. "That's just how things are in Japan. Then, as it turns out, one of my biggest fans works at the largest bank in Japan, so I ended up getting the financing."

Kojima also explained he wanted his office to be a nice building, so the families of his staff would feel comfortable about them working there. On his search for a building he had some difficulties as well, with people running checks and asking 'what exactly is Kojima Productions?', until he found a building managed by a fan. He also added that it's these connections that made the game possible, as well as his time at Konami. "I wouldn't be who I am today without those 30 years at Konami. I can't deny that, and I'm very grateful to them."

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I mean with his money, 53 is a fine age to retire. The average person though?

Status
Not open for further replies.