• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.siliconera.com/castlevania-grimoire-of-souls-will-shut-down-on-september-9-2020/

castlevania-grimore-of-souls-closing-ending-710x400.jpg

So Konami can't even properly support its attempts to use its IP for Mobile games. As the article notes:

"The most recent Castlevania game is drawing to a close. Konami has announced that Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls will shut down on September 9, 2020. This means it was only available for about one year after its official September 2019 launch."

I don't believe the game even truly got out of "Limited Launch" in Japan, and never got a wide release outside of Japan (only in Canada I believe you could download it off the store)

I guess Konami only cares about Pachinko.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
It was a pretty bad game to be honest. It was also frustrating to play without a controller. I tried to play it for a few days and left unimpressed.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Looks like we already have a thread on this

www.resetera.com

Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls is shutting down in September

First of all, some of you might be asking "what fucking game is this, I never heard of it" but now you're in luck. Now you know it exists, because it's ending its services in a few months. To talk about the game, this just seemed like a doomed project from the start. It had a beta in May 2018...

Status
Not open for further replies.