• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
A lot to unpack in this story.

A Lake Forest man faces a hate crime charge after allegedly kidnapping an Asian woman, believing she was white, with the intent to sexually assault her.

Irvine police say an Asian woman was sitting in the driver's seat of her car near her apartment Thursday afternoon when she looked up to see Rhee standing at the door, holding a handgun. She told police she did not recognize Rhee, who ordered her to get into the back of her car if she wanted to live.

The woman said she offered Rhee her wallet and money, and he replied they would "do that later," before getting into her car through the passenger side door and pushed her into the backseat, according to police. She struggled with Rhee, who she told police began to grope her, then yelled to a maintenance worker nearby that he had a gun.

Detectives believe Rhee — who is Korean — targeted the woman because he thought she was white, based on his own statements, and that the assault was in retaliation for hate crimes that have skyrocketed against Asian people.

Source:
losangeles.cbslocal.com

Police: Michael Rhee Of Lake Forest Attacked Asian Woman, Believing She Was White, In Retaliation For Rise In Hate Crimes

Michael Sangbong Rhee, 37, was arrested Thursday night at his home in Lake Forest. Irvine police say Rhee may have attacked a woman, believing she was white, in retaliation for the rise in hate crimes against Asian people.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I'll unpack one box - someone else get the rest:

Sexual assault as revenge is not the way. What an incredibly misogynistic way of fighting racism.

Like, the majority of perps - to my understanding - are men. So this isn't even 1:1 retaliation.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I'll unpack one box - someone else get the rest:

Sexual assault as revenge is not the way. What an incredibly misogynistic way of fighting racism.

Like, the majority of perps - to my understanding - are men. So this isn't even 1:1 retaliation.
It's not retaliation in the first place. It's just sexual assault. Fuck his reasoning.

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
Uh.. does he somehow think that makes this better? Like he's going to get let off easy for making that excuse? The last thing we need are the Proud Boys types hearing this and running with it.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
So wonky, gonna wait and see for this one folks regarding the minor details. Something tells me the cops wouldn't wait to type 'Reverse racism' on that report, if that's what they actually typed.

No matter what, Fuck that rapist tho.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Do Not Create: Shock Threads

These are threads about news or content that is just disgusting and/or shocking, with little potential for discussion other than outrage. Nobody gains anything from these threads and you should not make them.

Status
Not open for further replies.