• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Tan also had a reputation for volatility, once threatening to punch an employee in the face, said one former employee who said they witnessed that incident. A second former employee, who was being disciplined by Tan, said Tan threw an object past him in anger. (The object did not hit him.) Two other former employees referred to Min as "verbally abusive," saying they'd hear expletives and insults coming from Tan's office whenever he called in other staff for disciplinary talks.

Tan denied throwing objects at employees or threatening violence toward them. "I have made statements to the effect of 'don't make me punch you in the face' or 'I'll send my killer robots after you' but those statements have all been figurative or in jest," said Tan. He added that he has not heard of any employees complaining about him to Human Resources, in his words, "fearful for their physical safety."

Employees who oversaw U.S. colleagues' payment and employment statuses were pushed to save money, even if it meant circumventing required overtime pay, according to one person involved with those operations. "I was pushed to not necessarily be in compliance with state or federal laws," the person told Kotaku. "It was challenging. Do I want to be in compliance or do I want to not have a job?"

Cecilia's Riot Games piece was amazing, and now she's doing some more great reporting here

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know someone who used to do their payroll fairly recently, and they were never asked to do anything sketchy. The company did pay long-time employees quite a bit more than newer ones for the same work, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.