• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020

WPLG reporter Glenna Milberg approached the South Florida address listed for Alex Rodriguez earlier this week ready to pepper him with questions: Why had the 55-year-old mechanic abruptly decide to run for office? How did he win nearly 3 percent of the vote without even a campaign website? Did he live in Miami at all?

"I'm looking for Alex," she told a white-haired man who answered the door. "Is he around?"
"Uh, no. He'll be back tomorrow, though," the man replied, refusing to say where Rodriguez was, how to reach him, or why a man with no history in politics — a registered Republican until a few months ago — had become an unaffiliated candidate for Florida's 37th State Senate District.
Days later, Milberg discovered the man at the door had been lying. He was, in fact, Rodriguez, whose more than 6,000 votes may have tipped the election away from a Democratic incumbent in Miami with the same last name.

A close race was always expected between state Sen. José Javier Rodríguez (D) and Ileana Garcia (R), a well-funded Republican challenger who had worked for President Trump's campaign and previously founded the group Latinas for Trump.
But as a recount last week confirmed Garcia's victory by the thinnest of margins — 34 votes — the Democratic incumbent has raised alarms that Alex Rodriguez ran for just one reason: to confuse voters and siphon off ballots meant for José Javier Rodríguez.
"Democracy requires transparency," José Javier Rodríguez said in a concession video last week. "In order to achieve that, I believe this election requires a full investigation so that those who may have violated the law are held to account and so that such tactics are not used in future elections."

It's such a shit show. Republicans need to pay for being so corrupt. I really hope there is something they can do about this.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
It's a low dog move but I can't help but also blame the idiot electorate

Takes three seconds to Google candidate affiliation

People google every fucking thing under the sun but can't take 1 fucking second to make a proper vote

Status
Not open for further replies.