• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
IGN: GTA Writer, Producer, and DJ Leaves Rockstar After Nearly 20 Years - IGN.
www.ign.com

GTA Writer, Producer, and DJ Leaves Rockstar After Nearly 20 Years - IGN

Lazlow Jones worked at Rockstar for nearly 20 years, writing and voicing many of the Grand Theft Auto series' most famous radio shows.

This may be nothing but moving on with his career but Lazlo Jones, the longtime writer and in-game personality for several GTA games has left Rockstar games. He was credited most recently in Red Dead Redemption 2, but I think his biggest role was in GTA Vice City and San Andreas. I didn't think his character was as strong in GTAV or IV.

Wondering this this exodus of the core Rockstar staff will hurt their future output. After recently replaying RDR2 and confirming for myself that it's the game of the generation, I'm hoping they're able to deliver another major game for next gen, and not just rereleased GTA5 and GTA Online.

Lazlow is one of the few behund-the-scenes writers to also be a personality in the games. If there is a GTA6, rather than just endless cash-ins of microtransations for GTA Online/5, I hope his character makes a cameo.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

Lazlow Jones leaves Rockstar Games after 20 years

source: https://rockstarintel.com/lazlow-jones-leaves-rockstar-games-after-20-years damn i don't know what to say. lazlow brought so much soul to the series writing the radio stations and ingame ads. i think my favourite is still chatterbox fm from gta 3.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This really seems like these guys are leaving..because GTA 6 could really be years away... and the GTA V milking will continue next gen.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lazlo was an iconic part of some of the older games but didn't really do it for me in 5 (and maybe 4, but I forget)

Status
Not open for further replies.