• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
1.7 million likes and probably 10-20x that in views. I'm beyond done with this clown.

99b01494-85c1-44f6-af2jh2.jpeg

www.instagram.com

👑 on Instagram: "🤷🏾‍♂️ Help me out folks."

2M likes, 47K comments - kingjames on December 24, 2021: "🤷🏾‍♂️ Help me out folks.".

May 14, 2021
Move over Aaron Rodgers, there's a new King of the idiots.

Also Tom Brady, Draymond, and Trae Young liked the post.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I mean yeah I don't know if I have the cold, flu, or rona right now because I can't find any rapid tests and all appointments nearby are booked.

I'm guessing this is probably not his situation though

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
GIven the situation with the Lakers RN dude should just delete his insta, team is trash and embarrassing.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
In some ways, Covid will probably now be a regular thing that will mutate and come back each winter stronger than the last one, so he may not too wrong about this haha.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
That's not what the joke is, the joke is people getting sick and not wondering if it's the cold, flu, or COVID. It's not comparing COVID to the cold.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I can see if he's just talking about symptoms, but it's still a stupid ass, irresponsible, trash post...

jchap

Oct 27, 2017
What's so wrong with this? That it downplays the severity of COVID? Or is it saying that the three share symptoms and its hard to know what you have?

OP
OP
Embiid

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
That's not what the joke is, the joke is people getting sick and not wondering if it's the cold, flu, or COVID. It's not comparing COVID to the cold.
That's 2 people now … am I off base or what? I can't imagine the vast majority of people seeing that meme aren't going to think he's implying Covid is a cold.

Oct 27, 2017
"Help me out folks"
NIGGA I THOUGHT YOU DID YOUR RESEARCH

edit: Or is it people getting sick and not knowing which one it is?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
That's 2 people now … am I off base or what? I can't imagine the vast majority of people seeing that meme aren't going to think he's implying Covid is a cold.

I would agree that it's probably a joke about how there are similar symptoms and people naturally look at ourselves and others and wonder, "Shit. Is it COVID?"

But it was still an incredibly stupid meme to post because is isn't fully clear and can be taken either way. There are people in the comments saying shit like, "Glad you finally woke up!" and he isn't fighting it.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Or maybe he's pointing out how people are panicking not knowing what they have when having symptoms

and people in this thread calling Lebron James a trash human???? Do I need to embarrass these idiots by pointing out all the good he's done?

OP
OP
Embiid

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
Take into account how shady he was about sharing his vaccine status for months. His answers when asked about it were textbook anti-vaxxer jargon.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't he post that there was something fishy about his covid status a few weeks ago?

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
What makes this bad is that even if he didn't mean they're all the same, that's what the underlying meme itself implies which makes this a big L.

Fuck you Lebron.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
My take on that is the symptoms

"What do I have?" Probably not the best joke, but that's what I immediately thought when I saw it.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
I thought this was about the symptoms so similar....but then I read some of his prior comments regarding vaccines.......

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Even liking a cold to the flu is already stupid. I still remember my last flu and god it was awful.

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
I think you gotta consider his past when it comes to the vaccine

Oct 26, 2017
Or maybe he's pointing out how people are panicking not knowing what they have when having symptoms

and people in this thread calling Lebron James a trash human???? Do I need to embarrass these idiots by pointing out all the good he's done?

I don't understand why people always resort to this bullshit, and are so selective of this with celebrities. Why do you have to defend someone by bringing up what good they did in the past? Why is it relevant to this discussion of him saying that all 3 diseases are the same?

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK

not that I have any real thoughts on if he's trash or not, but trash people can do good things. Sometimes a lot of good. They can still be complete trash though.

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, the common cold has definitely killed 800,000 people these past 2 years.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Problem is lefuckface already showed his antivaxx self so yeh he can get fucked, he gets no benefit of the doubt

May 26, 2018
So an anti-vaxxer COVID denier who also sucks up to the CCP... that what's going on here?

King James, huh? Best case, and really charitable, is this dude is immensely confused.

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
lol people trying to defend it...if you have the context about Lebron's position on COVID, the vaccine, and how the NBA is handling the pandemic, then you know this is exactly what it seems like and not some deeper message

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Think the meme is definitely, "which one do I have?!" since they all share common symptoms (well… except for the fact Covid tends to take your senses a lot more). However, with personal history it's entirely reasonable to assume that's not why he shared it.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
My coworker got the flu plenty of times in his life. Never put him in the hospital then required him to be on oxygen once he got home for who knows how long like covid did.

Only thing I could see it jokingly referring to is having the flu and being worried its covid. If the dude trying to say they the same he is a god damned idiot.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Think the meme is definitely, "which one do I have?!" since they all share common symptoms (well… except for the fact Covid tends to take your senses a lot more). However, with personal history it's entirely reasonable to assume that's not why he shared it.
Lebron has all the access in the world to any type of test he wants. He's 100% being an idiot.

Exodus 1831

Oct 25, 2018
Yeah he purposely made the message of the post ambiguous. I first thought he was downplaying COVID but it's impossible to say why he posted that unless he explains it himself.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
But so many posters said we were reaching when we called him on his "doing his own research BS". He's a clown on CoVID and the CCP.

Status
Not open for further replies.