• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatti-man

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
I saw this movie opening night and was stunned at how sloppy the plot is. It felt rushed and completely arbitrary.

Throughout the MCU we are told only titans and celestials can handle infinity stones. Just holding one almost kills all the guardians but Tony Stark can handle all five long enough to snap? Ha no.

Thanos straight takes Hulk apart casually and walks right through scarlet witch but then in end game his power level fluctuates wildly and is suddenly held up by Thor and Cap with relative ease and almost gets solo killed by Scarlet Witch. Thanos gets weaker throughout End Game seemingly just as a plot device.

Suddenly Cap can not only wield mijolner but he also has Thors power of lightning! Absolutely unearned and silly.

Pim particles. In ant man 2 we are told shrinking down to the sub atomic zone (sp) takes a ton of energy and special particles per person. But apparently a hand from Nebula and half a vial of pim particles and Thanks can shrink his entire ship full of thousands of troops back to the future! Absolutely ridiculous.

The absolute lack of the galaxy in End Game is insane. So we kill half the universe but I guess no one cares but Earth right? Where are the Kree? The other celestials? Anyone else in the entire universe? Terrible.

One of the things I liked about the MCU was its seemingly planned out nature but End game for me showed this is far more fake it till you make it than a real plan. End Game discards tons of its own rules and tends to just make shit up on the fly to suit it's purpose. It felt rushed and the action was incredibly poor especially when taking the source material into account. I was really disappointed and surprised it got such good reviews. To me it's the 4 worst marvel movie above IM3, TDW, and Hulk.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, we made it a week until the latest "this amazing well-loved movie is actually traaaaaasssshhh" thread.

Good job, Era.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nah.

2015-04-15-22_47_32.gif

Jie Li

Alt account
Banned
Dec 21, 2018
Well Battle of Winterfell was so bad nobody has time to complain on Endgame's plot.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
"Whoever holds this hammer, should he be worthy, shall have the power of Thor"

Carol straight up says the other planets went to shit too

Pay attention OP

OP
OP

Gatti-man

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
Well Battle of Winterfell was so bad nobody has time to complain on Endgame's plot.
That's what cracks me up. One battle in GoT earns a forever thread but everyone is fine with the Swiss cheese that is End Game.

"Whoever holds this hammer, should he be worthy, shall have the power of Thor"

Pay attention OP
Watch Ragnorok. Odin says the hammer was never Thors power and that it only helps him focus it. Once again End Game makes up rules on the fly. Not to mention it's ridiculous anyways.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Nah, it's a pretty tight plot, at least relative to how ambitious it Is, and the themes it wants to express and the number of story arcs it has to finish.

It's an amazing movie.

And whomever holds the hammer, would he be worthy, shall hold the power of Thor.

And Thanos and the Maw reverse engineer the Pym particle tech, based also on future Nebulas memories.

I thought you were going to have more legit complaints, but nah. You just didn't pay attention or actually care to look up some answers.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol at anything about EG being inconsistent.

Y'all's attention spans are inconsistent, if anything.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks is a space genius and has a wizard. I think he can reverse engineer some human tech.

OP
OP

Gatti-man

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
Pay attention OP[/QUOTE]
That is quite literally what Mjolnir does. If you're worthy to wield it, you get Thor's powers. It's written on the side of the hammer!
Watch Ragnorok. Like I said before Odin specifically says what the hammer does and it's not that.

Thanos didn't have any infinity stones in Endgame.
Thanos was always a force of nature without the infinity stones and the prior movie goes to great lengths to show when he's actually using them vs his own strength.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
That's what cracks me up. One battle in GoT earns a forever thread but everyone is fine with the Swiss cheese that is End Game.

Watch Ragnorok. Odin says the hammer was never Thors power and that it only helps him focus it. Once again End Game makes up rules on the fly. Not to mention it's ridiculous anyways.

Yes the hammer was never the power

Hence "shall have the power of Thor"

And not "Shall have the power in this hammer"

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Thanos had the stones in IW and not in the end of Endgame so he was weaker

Tony didn't handle the stones with his bare hands, he had a suit that you could assume channeled the power similar to the Infinity Gauntlet because he's a techno-wizard so whatever

Mjolnir comes with lightning power too I guess

The movie was cool

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Listen, I'd agree that End Game is sloppy but a lot of your points are not actually sloppy points but answered in the films.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Why did Tony need to snap? Thanos doing it was thematically appropriate for the thing he had said earlier in the movie it happened in... but it's not like you need to snap your fingers to cause something to happen.

But no, the Cap stuff makes sense with what the movies have already set up.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
You reference multiple movies and yet is seems like you slept through all of them, especially endgame. Maybe think of what cpt marvel was doing al movie (hint she was at multiple other planets in the galaxy who were dealing with the snap..like she states multiple times with words, out loud)

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
You realize Tony had the stones in the gaunlet, which is especifically designed to (mostly) withstand the power of the stones, right?

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Endgame really does seem to be a test for who actually paid attention during MCU class.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I saw this movie opening night and was stunned at how sloppy the plot is. It felt rushed and completely arbitrary.

Throughout the MCU we are told only titans and celestials can handle infinity stones. Just holding one almost kills all the guardians but Tony Stark can handle all five long enough to snap? Ha no.

Holding the stone raw almost killed the guardians. Tony used a glove designed to utilize them, and it still killed him.

Thanos straight takes Hulk apart casually and walks right through scarlet witch but then in end game his power level fluctuates wildly and is suddenly held up by Thor and Cap with relative ease and almost gets solo killed by Scarlet Witch. Thanos gets weaker throughout End Game seemingly just as a plot device.

Like Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch's powers came from an infinity stone. It makes sense that her powers are super strong. She's just a glass canon.

Suddenly Cap can not only wield mijolner but he also has Thors power of lightning! Absolutely unearned and silly.

Whoever holds the hammer shall wield the power of Thor, I believe the saying goes. Just because you're not paying attention doesn't mean its unearned.

Pim particles. In ant man 2 we are told shrinking down to the sub atomic zone (sp) takes a ton of energy and special particles per person. But apparently a hand from Nebula and half a vial of pim particles and Thanks can shrink his entire ship full of thousands of troops back to the future! Absolutely ridiculous.

The Russos confirmed that Thanos and Ebony Maw were able to reverse engineer the Pym particles. Based on how time travel works, they had all the time in the world to do so.

The absolute lack of the galaxy in End Game is insane. So we kill half the universe but I guess no one cares but Earth right? Where are the Kree? The other celestials? Anyone else in the entire universe? Terrible.

We have no idea how anyone else reacted to the snap, or if they even had any idea how it happened. What do you expect them to do?

One of the things I liked about the MCU was its seemingly planned out nature but End game for me showed this is far more fake it till you make it than a real plan. End Game discards tons of its own rules and tends to just make shit up on the fly to suit it's purpose. It felt rushed and the action was incredibly poor especially when taking the source material into account. I was really disappointed and surprised it got such good reviews. To me it's the 4 worst marvel movie above IM3, TDW, and Hulk.
The only thing that's terrible here are your dumb complaints.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather they have satisfying character moments like Scarlet Witch's payback instead of cutting stuff or having more boring moments because of dumb nitpicky "power level" bullshit.

Also, half this stuff totally makes sense. That's literally the nature of the hammer and they setup Cap being worthy 4 years ago. The stones are on a makeshift gauntlet and Tony holds them for like 10 seconds before dying from the power.

OP
OP

Gatti-man

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
You realize Tony had the stones in the gaunlet, which is especifically designed to (mostly) withstand the power of the stones, right?
That's a complete and total ass pull. So Tony is now a better smarter designer than that mythical place that designs Thors weapons? That's just more End Game making stuff up as it goes and exactly what I'm talking about

"Nice Try saying what's explicitly said in the movie and comics but no"

Get real
Watch Ragnorok. It's spoken in plain English by Odin and then Thor is suddenly stronger for the knowledge. Its pretty black and white and is a center piece of what happens in Ragnorok.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I generally agree that the plot is sloppier this time around , but jfc those are some cinemasins level nitpicks

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thanos was always a force of nature without the infinity stones and the prior movie goes to great lengths to show when he's actually using them vs his own strength.

You specifically mention Hulk and Scarlet Witch in your post. He has the Power stone when he fights Hulk, and 5/6 against Scarlet Witch.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I knew I'd walk in here and find complaints that were either nitpicky af, or easily answered in the movie

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017

Tony had nanomachines hold them. Quill was able to hold a stone just fine when it was in a case. Also interesting is the mini-retcon of the trap for that stone. Quill was unaffected, but Nebula wasn't. Likely because of Quill's parentage.

This is an earlier version of Thanos, and Hulk has grown quite a bit.

Not only defined within the MCU, but also teased in a prior film. Working 100% as intended.

Thanos has a goddamn wizard on staff. We also don't know how much time passed since he sent Nebula through. Dude with his resources can reverse engineer what he needs. Not everything needs to be spelled out on screen/

The movie is screening on Earth, not Hala. The story is about how it impacts Earth's heroes. Not a story about another planet.

If you didn't watch the other films I can see how it might feel rushed, or things happening w/o reason, but a lot of the small things were there as nods to prior events/teases.

AdamE

3D Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
It is kinda amusing that all these nitpicks results in this being one of the worst MCU films ever for you haha.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I was really scratching my head about was the time branch thing. I mean why bother putting the stones back to prevent a splinter when Thanos has already created a splinter. Otherwise I loved the movie

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Yes the hammer was never the power

Hence "shall have the power of Thor"

And not "Shall have the power in this hammer"

But that's an inconsistency actually on Ragnarok's part, not on Endgame.

But there's still some wiggle room. Odin both depowers Thor in Thor 1, and takes away his hammer, AND gives Mjolnir the incantation of giving the power of Thor to whomever is worthy.

It's possible Thor doesn't need the hammer in order to use lighting because he's just born with it, and that Odin also gave the power of lighting and thunder to whomever wielded Mjilnor.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tony had nanomachines hold them. Quill was able to hold a stone just fine when it was in a case. Also interesting is the mini-retcon of the trap for that stone. Quill was unaffected, but Nebula wasn't. Likely because of Quill's parentage.

Quill was unaffected by the trap because he used a magnetic device to pull it out of there. He never put his hand into that force field.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
That's a complete and total ass pull. So Tony is now a better smarter designer than that mythical place that designs Thors weapons? That's just more End Game making stuff up as it goes and exactly what I'm talking about

Thanos' gauntlet contains the stones power fully and he isn't hurt by using them. The IM gauntlet kills Tony and severely hurts the Hulk.

Seems consistent to me.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Tony is a mad genius who created his own Infinity Gauntlet for Hulk to use. Why can'y his entire suit take the burden too

Thanos had the power stone when he beats up Hulk in Infinity War. He also had more stones when he fights Witch in Infinity War. But in Endgame, he didnt have them. And Scarlet Witch, not even at full power could obliterate Thanos. At full pwoer, she can warp reality. Thor has proven he can hurt Thanos, stones or not. And with Captain America helping, who also gained the hammer too. Thanos is right where he should be

Whoever holds the hammer has the powers of Thor. The hammer was meant to have Thor learn how to use his lightning powers. It thus has its own power to use lightning. Now you can say how Cap was suddenly second nature with it is odd. And the teased this since Age of Ultron

they could have been improved. But this really is hardly a big deal

Does anyone else really matter. Don't need to shove anyone else into the movie. This isn't an inconsistency. We know the rest of the universe went to shit from talk from Danvers. this is a choice just to not show it

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Watch Ragnorok. It's spoken in plain English by Odin and then Thor is suddenly stronger for the knowledge. Its pretty black and white and is a center piece of what happens in Ragnorok.

The design was made with the Help of Rocket and Hulk.
But that's an inconsistency actually on Ragnarok's part, not on Endgame.

But there's still some wiggle room. Odin both depowers Thor in Thor 1, and takes away his hammer, AND gives Mjolnir the incantation of giving the power of Thor to whomever is worthy.

It's possible Thor doesn't need the hammer in order to use lighting because he's just born with it, and that Odin also gave the power of lighting and thunder to whomever wielded Mjilnor.

That's exactly how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.