• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In his live Good Morning America interview on Tuesday, the 66-year-old said: "I'm not racist, this was nearly 40 years ago."

"We were doing a press junket and the topic of our film is revenge, it's a dark comedy too, but its base is revenge. And the lady journalist was asking me, 'How do you tap into that?'. And I remembered an incident nearly 40 years ago where a very dear friend of mine was brutally raped and I was out of the country, and when I came back she told me about this," he explained to Good Morning America's Robin Roberts.

"She handled the situation incredibly bravely. But I had never felt this feeling before, which was a primal urge to lash out."

He added: "After that there were some nights I went out deliberately into black areas in the city, looking to be set upon so that I could unleash physical violence.

"I did it for, I'd say, maybe four or five times until I caught myself on. And it really shocked me, this primal urge I had. It shocked me and it hurt me."

Neeson said he had gone to confession following his behaviour and also talked to "two very, very good friends" about how he had reacted.

In his original interview, Neeson said he was ashamed of his behaviour, describing his actions as "awful" and "horrible".

When asked by Roberts on Tuesday what he hoped people would learn from the controversy, Neeson replied: "To talk, to open up, to talk about these things.

Racist can't admit he is racist...

Source:https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/20...son-says-he-is-not-a-racist-in-new-interview/

Also this is weird. What was bigotted that made Neeson be a bigot?
Roberts said the Irish star had to "understand the pain of a black person" from hearing his confession.

"Absolutely, you're absolutely right," he agreed.

"Violence breeds violence. Bigotry breeds bigotry," Neeson concluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.