• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you think Era should have Like buttons?

• 👍 (yes)

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • 👎 (no)

Votes: 23 56.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Most forums have some sort of "acknowledgement" button for comments you just like but aren't interested in replying to. They're also useful as a "read" check, for like when somebody replies to you, you appreciate the contribution but there's not really anything to continue the conversation on.

However, Era has nothing of the sorts. Do you think it would be good to add a like button to Era? Or something like a happy face so people know you've read their comment? Of course, it'd also have the issue of people trying to farm karma as it happens on other forums, but I'd say the pros outweigh the cons. What do you think?

jml

Mar 9, 2018
I'd be down for it. The overall likes number doesn't have to accumulate or show up on anyone's profiles, just something like you said in the OP that you can use as an acknowledgement sort of thing would be nice.

Big Boss

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, sometimes I want to give someone props on a well thought out comment with out quoting them and saying "this" or some other one word reply.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, I don't like how it changed a football forum I had been posting on for a long time.

A forum should be like a real world conversation between a group of people. You don't need each comment rated and acknowledged. The likes reinforce the behaviour of people focusing on what clever comment they can make next rather than following and building on the natural flow of the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.