• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Activity alone isn't a reason to back off a scumread.
But you literally just
Z-Beat has popped up throughout the day and managed to share quite literally almost no pertinent thoughts. That's unusual
And it's not unusual at all. In fact that's mad common for me.

Answering the question, these
The difference here is I haven't given a shit about anything you've had to say all game
Nah. It's a perfectly reasonable response to someone freaking out at even the merest hint of suspicion
You posted your thoughts on a thing. I hadn't seen Stu do that at all, I'd only seen him poke others. You can't play mafia vicariously through other people if you're actually in the game yourself, you gotta contribute too.
Make me think the Stu push wasnt thought through completely. As weird as passive Stu is I'm not instilled with much confidence with this as a starting point

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought that you were going to joke claim town hooker.

I'm dissapointed with you.

If my partner had been someone I knew better, that was actually the plan. I kind of already feel mildly bad that B-Dubs will be kicked around enough just by virtue of being my other half so I didn't want to make it worse for him :P

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to give town points to Fanto just by virtue of wanting to spread conversation a bit which is the towniest thing in light of house of horrors but all of those reads are basically the same of "done some stuff, no read yet/looks good" except Natiko (who I'm actually liking fine so far).

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
The actual joke did not matter, what I found more shocking was your lack of engagement at game start when I said I would claim. Part of that was clearly you just being absent from the game but you were partially available and the tone is off when you ignored that 100% but then were quick to go to bat for defending the joke ("policy") vote in lieu of anything else "in this game" in particular.
Ignoring your claims is approximately 75% of your meme, Sorian.

My feeling that you should probably be lynched in the absence of anything else isn't a joke, either. But I don't see much reason to repeat myself there beyond saying that, as town, you are iffy. If you're town here? You're iffy. You're focused on you.

I will agree with some others that I don't particularly take issue with B-Dubs' entrance. He's frustrated; I would be, too, if I before I even got here people were talking about voting me out for something not related to me. Mounting that kind of defense always sounds bad, but I wouldn't vote there for that. Just chalk it up to early game frustration and move on.

Right now, I'm feeling towniest on:
Verelios and Apollo
SkyOdin and TheChuggernaut
Kyanrute and empressdonna
Xbro and Reki
For gut's sake, I'd throw rac and Vincent Alexander up there, but it's not for any particularly good reason. Z-Beat seems okay, though who can say with Coolest.

Fantomas posting some light reads on multiple players is the first time he's felt like Fanto to me. Still lacking the early game pushes I've seen from Fanto.

People I want to look at (not shade particularly, just looking at post counts and asking if I can remember what they said):
flatearthstans (I remember the s, feps)
BraWaveZ
Abs4on Tybro gave me the slightest townie vibes but I want to remember why

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
The whole point was to show how bad the logic was in the first place. If you think the defense was bad then the attack should be as well. Guess I need to be a little more blunt.
my man i was agreeing with you.

this is just cuz your my ex now aint it?

The actual joke did not matter, what I found more shocking was your lack of engagement at game start when I said I would claim. Part of that was clearly you just being absent from the game but you were partially available and the tone is off when you ignored that 100% but then were quick to go to bat for defending the joke ("policy") vote in lieu of anything else "in this game" in particular.
now this is just hilarious, honestly it reads more like you are pouting that your joke fell flat more than you have any real basis for a read.

Your role-claims are old material, hire new writers rather than blaming the audience.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to give town points to Fanto just by virtue of wanting to spread conversation a bit which is the towniest thing in light of house of horrors but all of those reads are basically the same of "done some stuff, no read yet/looks good" except Natiko (who I'm actually liking fine so far).
There's not going to be much substance here early (though at least I'm glad to see you focusing outward). Fanto putting up early low-content reads is NAI, I think.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
side note, when i saw that noone was around after my initial posts i decided to play a game of Frostpunk, it was nearly the exact amount of time needed before yall showed up again. so thanks for that.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I realized when I was done typing that up that I actually didn't have a lot to say lol just wanted to get some other reads out there at least even if they aren't scum reads though.

What are you liking about Natiko?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
my man i was agreeing with you.

this is just cuz your my ex now aint it?

now this is just hilarious, honestly it reads more like you are pouting that your joke fell flat more than you have any real basis for a read.

Your role-claims are old material, hire new writers rather than blaming the audience.

Thanks for repeating the same thing other people have said for the third time. See above on why I don't care.

There's not going to be much substance here early (though at least I'm glad to see you focusing outward). Fanto putting up early low-content reads is NAI, I think.

Don't worry Monkey, they got it. You want to try and drive in that my reads are compromised because I focus too much, you don't need to do an aside in every single one of your posts about me to point it out, you're trying to hard.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I realized when I was done typing that up that I actually didn't have a lot to say lol just wanted to get some other reads out there at least even if they aren't scum reads though.

What are you liking about Natiko?

He's taking the time to actually scout around. There's a much easier world where he just lets these same battles play out far longer and doesn't bother digging through the low content posters.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for repeating the same thing other people have said for the third time. See above on why I don't care.

Don't worry Monkey, they got it. You want to try and drive in that my reads are compromised because I focus too much, you don't need to do an aside in every single one of your posts about me to point it out, you're trying to hard.
yeah but i said it a humorously insulting way.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Good morning!

The conversations seem to be revolving around the same few people, which somewhat worries me because there are a shit ton of people in this game but we're kind of only talking about 5 people, Kits/Sorian/B-Dubs/Monkey/Stu.

Just to bring the conversations elsewhere for a moment, since my thoughts on them haven't changed too much or are still evolving, I'll touch on some other players, and their partners:

Verelios seems fine to me so far, I'm liking his contributions. Apollo hasn't been around much yet though.

Fran, I briefly mentioned this earlier, but I've found most of his posts to be pretty good so far, seems to be scum hunting to me. Fandorin only has a few posts so far, but he's putting in effort as far as I can tell.

Natiko worries me, but I've also pretty much only seen him as Scum so it might just be a lingering feeling due to that. On the flip side though, I haven't had many bad thoughts about Terraforce yet.

Geno I think has made some good points upon returning, laid out his thoughts on Dubs and Stu at least. Sparks, lol.

SkyOdin I haven't felt much from yet, but Chugg seems like his normal Town self so far to me.

Then there's a decent chunk of players that have ~10 or less posts so far so I just don't have much to go on there yet.

I can expand on any of the above if anyone wants me to, just wanted to put down some quick thoughts on people who aren't always being discussed so far.
What do you think about Tybro so far? Specifically Ty. He's more active than in HoH, but I can't tell if it's because he's more comfortable or if he just knows coming off of HoH he would be scumread if he sits in the shadows too much.

But you literally just

Answering the question, these

Make me think the Stu push wasnt thought through completely. As weird as passive Stu is I'm not instilled with much confidence with this as a starting point
Just to clarify that I'm interpreting your thoughts correctly - you are backing off of the kits scumread because you think her scumread on Stu is poorly thought out?

Did you have thoughts on other players?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
What do you think about Tybro so far? Specifically Ty. He's more active than in HoH, but I can't tell if it's because he's more comfortable or if he just knows coming off of HoH he would be scumread if he sits in the shadows too much.
I had been waiting to see some more from Ty specifically for this reason. I'm pretty sure he even admitted after HoH that his scum tell is low activity, so I want to see if he can be more of a presence here than he was in HoH, and if so, what kinds of things he's bringing to the table. So far, yeah I have about the same thought there that you do.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised to see anyone saying Ty is more activity here? Off the top of my head, I can remember seeing his avatar once and I can't even vaguely remember what the post was about.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Or it could be that I had just put up a post about you focusing inward around the same time you posted something doing the opposite, but sure, make it a thing.

Oh, look, we're fighting now. The game's started, y'all.

Brazil and Flux are interesting here. Brazil came in relatively early and bounced. That's whatever. Flux pretty much only commented around and on the idea of a no-kill day, using meta examples of why that shouldn't be a problem.

FluxWaveZ, as someone who's been around, what do you think of my partner's vow not to vote Reki today?

Speaking of Reki - you studied up by reading a few games before jumping in. How do you think the pair mechanic is going to impact reads? How do you think the scum team might strategize around it?

Actually, same last question to Zippedpinhead when he turns back up later.

I had been waiting to see some more from Ty specifically for this reason. I'm pretty sure he even admitted after HoH that his scum tell is low activity, so I want to see if he can be more of a presence here than he was in HoH, and if so, what kinds of things he's bringing to the table. So far, yeah I have about the same thought there that you do.
Ty can also be on the lower end of activity as town. I think it's more a content question with Ty, regardless of any personal admissions or recent games.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised to see anyone saying Ty is more activity here? Off the top of my head, I can remember seeing his avatar once and I can't even vaguely remember what the post was about.
When the comparison point is HoH it's a pretty low bar to clear as you well know lol He was at risk of being below the minimum virtually every phase in HoH.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
And as for the topic of Z-Beat:
Z-Beat has popped up throughout the day and managed to share quite literally almost no pertinent thoughts. That's unusual.
Yeah, gunna have to say that this is pretty normal for D1 Z-Beat in my experience. I would say, based on Maple Street, one of the things that stuck out to me about him there when I identified him as Scum was that he was still pulling shit like that on D2/D3 and also wasn't really presenting his own theories but working off of ones given by others. That seemed unusual to me.
He had far fewer posts in HoH, but the main thing was that he was mostly only discussing mechanics and roles. Here he's had a bit more to say, though I'm mainly waiting to see more of what he has to bring to the table in terms of reads.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
And as for the topic of Z-Beat:

Yeah, gunna have to say that this is pretty normal for D1 Z-Beat in my experience. I would say, based on Maple Street, one of the things that stuck out to me about him there when I identified him as Scum was that he was still pulling shit like that on D2/D3 and also wasn't really presenting his own theories but working off of ones given by others. That seemed unusual to me.

He had far fewer posts in HoH, but the main thing was that he was mostly only discussing mechanics and roles. Here he's had a bit more to say, though I'm mainly waiting to see more of what he has to bring to the table in terms of reads.
Hmm, maybe my meta view of him is skewed more towards his contributions in later phases. I didn't recall him being one to go that long without sharing a single thought though.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just to clarify that I'm interpreting your thoughts correctly - you are backing off of the kits scumread because you think her scumread on Stu is poorly thought out?

Did you have thoughts on other players?
I think it's too reactionary for me to go on but not specifically pointing to scum, at least not this early. My thoughts will be more solid as the day goes on

Is Stan being aggressive normal? He's calling people twats n shit.

Fantomas tbh I was putting in effort that time until I ended up in the ER. That killed my flow.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Ty's doing a lot of drive-by observations and commentary, but there's some substance there - some fair questions. If he drops back off, or actual content goes down, might be a concern; for now, meh.

Can the ten post minimum be shared between teammates?
This bothers me a bit. feps and Stan, even with time zone issues, are not usually an issue with the minimum. It's a small thing and I'm sure it'll get passed off as a joke but under-the-radar feps is suspicious feps.

vote: flatearthpandas

Gotta go work now. Back later. Boatmate is napping, I think. With his sleep schedule, not sure when he will resurface.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's too reactionary for me to go on but not specifically pointing to scum, at least not this early. My thoughts will be more solid as the day goes on

Fantomas tbh I was putting in effort that time until I ended up in the ER. That killed my flow.

Yes, that is Stan. He's lovely and also a sleepy grumpy boi during early hours in the US.

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
Fighting the forces that distract me (stupid heat), I have done a thread re-read just to see if I can find any other strings to pull on and untangle.

Right now, I know I want to hear more from Zipped though I feel fine about Fantomas so far. My feelings on stu are unchanged from this morning, I see read that as town v town.

People currently giving me an uneasy feeling are rac and coolest, though like I said earlier my vote on coolest was for meta reasons and I'm pretty sure that uneasy feeling is probably just me overthinking about that.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm trying to catch up, is the point being thrown out Sorian is such a loose canon you'd rather lynch him cause he'd be unhelpful as town and thus at worst you get rid of helpless player, at most get scum?

Damn.

I've never heard of a player like that before.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017

i dont characterize myself as a screaming red egg for nothing.

that is literally just how Stan punctuates sentences.

<3 Stan forever
(just don't vig him when he's drunk)
Yes, that is Stan. He's lovely and also a sleepy grumpy boi during early hours in the US.
daww
Meh, seriously? That post is the basis for a vote? Weak imo.
eh, im feeling that more as a prod vote which aint all that ridiculous

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm trying to catch up, is the point being thrown out Sorian is such a loose canon you'd rather lynch him cause he'd be unhelpful as town and thus at worst you get rid of helpless player, at most get scum?

Damn.

I've never heard of a player like that before.
i think its more that the threat of a scum sorian is really real,
hes actually pretty handy as town.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
@Fantomas tbh I was putting in effort that time until I ended up in the ER. That killed my flow.
True, I should say you were being more pushy there on D1 too if I remember right, I was more remembering why I had decided that you were Scum on that day when we got the double kill.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
And? I'm doing something different = I'm scum.

Weak ass reason tbh

As scum, I'd want to not seem different so as not to be scum read.
"As scum, I'd". I don't care what you would've done as scum, this is weak.
Also obviously people will not come out saying "hey I'm scum", you base votes off of the different plays of the players, and your play so far just seems weak compared to previous games.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem of waiting a whole season to play again is I forget everything about how everyone plays.

My avatar is my face right now.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
This is insanity, I don't know how to keep up with this thread. Its moving way faster than I thought it would.
Speaking of Reki - you studied up by reading a few games before jumping in. How do you think the pair mechanic is going to impact reads? How do you think the scum team might strategize around it?

Actually, same last question to Zippedpinhead when he turns back up later.

Well, I was in the first love boat but not the second, so my interpretation of how scum might strategize is tainted by that.

I think that we will not see a Hydro Pump. Each of them is "paired" but they share the same chat, this actually benefits town far more than we realize since they communicate off site in more than groups of two. we might see forced interactions between groups each day phase which seem kind of stilted.

Depending on abilities they will target medium to high posters during the night phase, with low to inactives being justified targets in early game day phases and highest posters eventually getting mislynched/mistargeted by town.

So I guess, In my opinion, love boat's mechanics wouldn't change how I would play scum. Since at least in the previous game scum wasn't confined to the pair mechanic.

Now if scum is truly paired up or multiple scum teams exist all bets are off. new territory there.