• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Breadcrumbing can be helpful (funnily enough though, we just discussed before this game how the community is almost too reliant on breadcrumbing) during role claims.

Pointing out breadcrumbs by OTHERS D1 (or in this case, hinting at others) is scummy and doesn't help town.
Well, I completely disagree. To each their own I guess.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Breadcrumbing can be helpful (funnily enough though, we just discussed before this game how the community is almost too reliant on breadcrumbing) during role claims.

Pointing out breadcrumbs by OTHERS D1 (or in this case, hinting at others) is scummy and doesn't help town.

Am I a secret partner? Is that what we're trying to say here? Because otherwise your point here still makes no sense. At best, you are calling me not scum that is actively trying to help scum. At worst you got lost in your own nonsense.

Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Pirate Bae

Guess I'll park a vote here for now. There's just not much here besides a swerve, but not really a swerve on her Stuart read.

Someone come tell me I'm playing like shit, I feel like I'm talking to the void right now.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I used it as an example of "If you're town, doing this is anti-town"

Christ, I know I'm bad at wording things but I thought that was fucking self explanatory.

It's not, last I checked, you are trying to lynch the mafia. If you were just looking for anti town then I'd direct you to Sparks first. You want to be mad at me because I'm signaling scum but for that to be the case then I can't be scum. You brought in a circular argument to justify your vote.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Guess I'll park a vote here for now. There's just not much here besides a swerve, but not really a swerve on her Stuart read.

Someone come tell me I'm playing like shit, I feel like I'm talking to the void right now.

Best play I've ever seen, belongs in the MafiEra hall of fame if I'm being honest.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Even though I don't know where Stu is going with this, shouting out you see breadcrumbs D1 is kind of a dick move. It makes noise and causes tensions to run high like right now.

I suppose scum will have to comb through 25 pages of bullshit so that's a plus.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
beradcrumbs-recipe-today-151117-tease-01_076ad533d88932a820503ce5f4617eed.today-inline-large.jpg

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Just to respond to this, it's something I actually am trying not to do as much anymore because I've looked back and kind of felt like I was being a dick when I've done that, like to Ketkat in MafiEra, or to many people in Maple Street. It's part of the new Chill Fanto philosophy.

Yeah, I need to reread SkyChuggs as well, it kind of feels like a bit of a blind spot. I know Chuggs was saying he thought a lot of the conversations were "noise" but I don't think he expanded on that too much.
Yeah, I plan on going over some folks tomorrow at work when I'm not on mobile if time allows.

I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE
but at one point one of them worked. listen, I had a snack, I'm fine.

About to do a mega post but I'll do this one separately

Quoting from the tool is weird/sorry but listen, y'all. There is scum somewhere on this vote. This many people do not arbitrarily decide Stu and I are scum within the first few hours of the day, and yeah, I'm sorry, the early votes are pretty arbitrary. I understand y'all'ss frustration with Stu. I also understand his frustration. But we are not scum and we are not a d1 lynch. And these people just sitting here and not doing anything else, even to the point of Geno saying lol, I'm not really paying attention to Monkey's posts, it's at best lazy af. (Not saying Geno is necessarily the scum, just pointing out that's lazy.) It does not serve town. At all. We're less than 24 hours to day end and these people haven't done shit, with some grace for Fran, since early in the phase, and other people are happy to throw shade at us because there's been a narrative planted that we are scum.

Kill us if you need to. But remember this.
If you search your heart you'll know the answer. It always had to be him.

You're a stain on this community and you should feel bad for making such a fucking mess

Best play I've ever seen, belongs in the MafiEra hall of fame if I'm being honest.
Wow blatant pocket attempt tbh

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna split these up into two:

He town reads me so obv it's right.
Honestly though I'm not a fan of "list posts" in mafia. Especially when the poster only puts a line or two per person. It's essentially just a wordier alignment list, which is more concise and to the point. Doesn't help when he hasn't had much of a presence and now most of his reads are null/town or "Geno seems like Geno"/"Coolest is Coolest" which reads as lazy to me.
Tangent aside, he's definitely one of the more passive players (with his reads only driving this point home further) I would like to see more from to get a better read. I believe I've played with AB before but I can't recall which game for the life of me.
Last part is fine, but honestly, the stuff about reads tells me more about you and your preferences than anything about AbBro. Pretty standard in our meta for d1 reads to be meta-based or thin. I'd call it NAI. You call it lazy. Is that alignment indicative?
Frankly, none of that talk means shit to me.
I actually don't really know much about Geno as far as the Meta goes, from what I recall I've played with him twice(?) and he died kind of early both times. He's maybe a bit stubborn I guess, that's it. I don't really care to guess how Geno might or might not try to alter his play in accordance with pre-game comments and how people usually view him. The same can be said for Sparky. Tic-tac-toe can be played by anyone.
So you have no feelings on Geno, really, or just no feelings with regard to my question?

so any of the people hiding in there right now that stick out to you?
malus concerns me. He's not a high volume poster but this is really low. Kitsunelaine's drop off is also concerning. She had a very "okay, I've done enough for the phase!" attitude in GoT when she got recruited and I'd be concerned there, particularly if uneven engagement continues. I already said a low-posting feps makes me nervous.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's more that I think you're such a ballsy player, you could come out and say you're scum and we still wouldn't lynch you lol.

But I think you're posting something to see how town reacts and see if anything gives you an idea of who to NK. (assuming you're Scum.)
Do you believe that Sorian could be bluffing about the breadcrumbs?

If they're overt, they're meant to be discovered. And now that Sorian's pointed it out, scum will obviously be able to identify it with the lot scouring for it together. I haven't noticed anything, myself, but I haven't gone back to look with that in mind.

In this context, then, would it be better for those involved to corroborate what Sorian is saying? Or maybe someone else who has identified it could just vaguely confirm that they see something as well.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of FEP just willing to go for the easy meta vote on Sorian. It's just a waste.
What makes the Sorian vote easy? Memes? What has Sorian done that makes you want to keep him in the game or makes you not think he's votable? What do you think of Stan?
Not into the Sorian lynch today. I won't be voting there.
Same questions as to Kalor, tbh. And while I have your attention:
Waiting to hear from my partner.
To vote? Why? You're asking other people about their votes. Why do you need to hear from your partner first? Do you not have your own opinions? Do y'all need to align? Did you agree to?
The Stu/Dr. Monkey ship with Skychugs supporting them smells really scummy
I'm assuming that SkyChugs supporting Dr.Monkey/Stuart is more then meets the eyes and based on that I policy lunch and see what's happening
Yo, so l'm not going to treat you like a meme. Why do you think we are scum? What are we doing that's scummy? I don't care about other folks' reads; I want to hear YOUR opinion. You have plenty of opinions. I see you share them all the time. So why does SPARKY think we are scum? Do you think if I was scum I would not tell my scum mate Chuggs not to defend me so openly?
Kyaa usually engages more, but it feels like he's been a bit more reserved and prodded around at some odd angles so far.
I'm struggling to remember when I've ever said "Kyaa engages more" and I think I'd have to go back to anime to say Kyaa was a true force in a game. I like his contributions here just fine and I think he's actually talking unprompted with others more than usual. Far be it from me to say someone else is hedging but this is honestly a little hedgy, Nat. "I like it but also I don't like it but also it's odd." What does that mean?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a strong possibility.
With that possibility in play, and with the potential of there actually being breadcrumbs out there, I do think it would be beneficial to have some sort of corroboration on the matter.

Doesn't even need to point to them. But if they're overt, then I think it would be difficult to assume that Sorian is the only one seeing them in a game this large.

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
What makes the Sorian vote easy? Memes? What has Sorian done that makes you want to keep him in the game or makes you not think he's votable? What do you think of Stan?

Same questions as to Kalor, tbh. And while I have your attention:

To vote? Why? You're asking other people about their votes. Why do you need to hear from your partner first? Do you not have your own opinions? Do y'all need to align? Did you agree to?

Yo, so l'm not going to treat you like a meme. Why do you think we are scum? What are we doing that's scummy? I don't care about other folks' reads; I want to hear YOUR opinion. You have plenty of opinions. I see you share them all the time. So why does SPARKY think we are scum? Do you think if I was scum I would not tell my scum mate Chuggs not to defend me so openly?

I'm struggling to remember when I've ever said "Kyaa engages more" and I think I'd have to go back to anime to say Kyaa was a true force in a game. I like his contributions here just fine and I think he's actually talking unprompted with others more than usual. Far be it from me to say someone else is hedging but this is honestly a little hedgy, Nat. "I like it but also I don't like it but also it's odd." What does that mean?

I think that because Sorian is a high volume player and poster with a large game presence in any game he plays, it's easy to go "yeah, I'll throw a vote there because it's Sorian and he's a threat, just in case he's scum." Nothing this game has stood out to me as scummy so I don't understand the votes for logical reasons.

I have to take a closer look at Stan, but he's playing pretty par the course so far.

As for Malus, we agreed to discuss and align our ways of thinking before making any voting decisions. We agreed that it works better if we're on the same page considering the game format. He hasn't been around much so we haven't been able to discuss or bounce ideas off each other.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Really? I've always felt like kyan provides pretty good insights usually once you dig through the kyaa talk. His weird tangent on evaluating how people said they would interact with their partner just seemed so unnecessary though. Felt like someone trying to go through the motions. To address you're point though - where did I hedge? I actually never said anything positive about him in that post so I'm not sure where you're getting the paraphrased flip flopping from.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I think that because Sorian is a high volume player and poster with a large game presence in any game he plays, it's easy to go "yeah, I'll throw a vote there because it's Sorian and he's a threat, just in case he's scum." Nothing this game has stood out to me as scummy so I don't understand the votes for logical reasons.
I didn't ask what he did that was scummy. I asked what he did that made you think he was town. There's a difference between people who you can clearly file as town and people who are just not scummy. Is he just not scummy to you?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
So you have no feelings on Geno, really, or just no feelings with regard to my question?
Mainly about the question, concerning whether Geno/Sparks would change their playstyle if they were Scum because of some pre-game talk from Sorian. My thoughts on Geno are still pretty much what I posted earlier, other than continuing to go at Stu he hasn't left much more of an impression on me.

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
B-Dubs hasn't given me enough to put them in the solid town pile but I definitely don't feel scummy about them. Light town read as of now.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Really? I've always felt like kyan provides pretty good insights usually once you dig through the kyaa talk. His weird tangent on evaluating how people said they would interact with their partner just seemed so unnecessary though. Felt like someone trying to go through the motions. To address you're point though - where did I hedge? I actually never said anything positive about him in that post so I'm not sure where you're getting the paraphrased flip flopping from.
I don't disagree on Kyan's insights; I think he's very sharp. But he's sometimes one of those posters who just talks and people talk around him. I think of engagement as talking WITH others more. But your point about interaction is fair. Kyaa was also a little weird in MafiEra. How would you compare there?

As for hedging, I was taking "odd angles" as a better connotation, but I guess it wasn't? mb

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Mainly about the question, concerning whether Geno/Sparks would change their playstyle if they were Scum because of some pre-game talk from Sorian. My thoughts on Geno are still pretty much what I posted earlier, other than continuing to go at Stu he hasn't left much more of an impression on me.
He really isn't doing anything else at all, even to the point of paying attention to my posts, so I'd say that's accurate.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
As for Malus, we agreed to discuss and align our ways of thinking before making any voting decisions. We agreed that it works better if we're on the same page considering the game format. He hasn't been around much so we haven't been able to discuss or bounce ideas off each other.
Why does it work better if you're on the same page as your partner?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, I'm totally not getting weird flashbacks to MafiEra while sitting here with, well, half of the Scum team and two of the Cultists from that game...

giphy.gif

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I don't disagree on Kyan's insights; I think he's very sharp. But he's sometimes one of those posters who just talks and people talk around him. I think of engagement as talking WITH others more. But your point about interaction is fair. Kyaa was also a little weird in MafiEra. How would you compare there?

As for hedging, I was taking "odd angles" as a better connotation, but I guess it wasn't? mb
Yeah that's fair, perhaps engage wasn't quite the right word. I don't know that I agree that he's always talked around, but I just expect his interjections to pack a bit more punch than I've seen so far. I didn't mean odd as in unique, I meant odd as in weird.

As for MafiEra I had honestly forgot he played that game until you reminded me just now - I'm thinking more of like Monopoly kyan.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
He's not scummy to me, no.
B-Dubs hasn't given me enough to put them in the solid town pile but I definitely don't feel scummy about them. Light town read as of now.
So you would call them not scummy, but can't state anything they've done that's town. You're not sure about them - it's a light town - but they aren't scummy.

Natiko, talk to me about this here. What do you think? I can't tell if I'm just tired and ornery or if this was a weird conversation. As for Kyan, I'm thinking of MafiEra because I said similar there (he's fine! he's great!) and reader, he was not.

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, my partner is the only one I can trust 100%, why not be on the same page as them? Two heads are better than one.

Maybe it's just the military mentality of always working in teams, lol.
You said that you felt good about the Dr. Stu team before. What has malus said about them in your boat, considering that they've been the hot topic of this day phase, and are the ones who have the current momentum to getting lynched?

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
You said that you felt good about the Dr. Stu team before. What has malus said about them in your boat, considering that they've been the hot topic of this day phase, and are the ones who have the current momentum to getting lynched?

Not much. I asked how he felt about them to bounce my feelings off of someone else for an extra opinion. He mentioned that he wasn't so confident about the pair and that he would like to wait and see. I mentioned that I felt good about them so far so I was willing to look elsewhere today. Then he vanished.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Not much. I asked how he felt about them to bounce my feelings off of someone else for an extra opinion. He mentioned that he wasn't so confident about the pair and that he would like to wait and see. I mentioned that I felt good about them so far so I was willing to look elsewhere today. Then he vanished.
Alright. I like the answer; it makes sense. I was going to vote for you depending on it since something was feeling off and I'm kind of at a loss, but that wouldn't seem right now.

I don't know why you need to wait on your partner to vote alongside him, but you guys do your thing, I suppose.

I'll take a look over the game again a while before the deadline to place a vote. Right now, it's very hard for me to determine where to point to. I don't feel better about Katsune, but I'm always wary of feeling noticeably off about a team this early on, where scum would work more to dissimulate themselves.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the thing that's hard for me right now is I just thought about throwing a policy vote at a low post count player, but I checked and low post count players are paired with people who at least have more than 15 posts. Now I'm wondering what to do...

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was a much easier and more pleasant catch up than yesterday.

Random one liners:

Stan is in character, his tell is getting content out of him on D[BIGNUMBER] so perhaps he could ease my mind by doing it earlier than usual.
What is scum Fanto like? Does he post a lot as well? Big posts as well?
Brazil town #feels. Geno too #feels.
Sorryan's silly antics was odd but it kinda got cohesive afterwards so that is kk.
Is Xbro hiding scum?

I should stop there, the more I write these the more #feels gets used as a basis for the argument.
The hell does the bolded mean? It looks confusing and potentially a hienous insult
Flatearthstans - I expect more from FEPs, and having actually seen a Scum Stan recently, he can pull off his normal routine pretty well, so I wouldn't say there has been anything that makes me think townish thoughts about either of them yet.

-------

So with that being said, I'll go here for now:
Vote: flatearthpandas
Wait, where was i scum recently?
I dont doubt you but im drawing a total blank lol.
Sandwiches!

(I've been a bit busy, will clear up today in a few hours)
Nailed it.
The first bit. "I see that breadcrumb" feels a bit TMI and just something I don't feel a townie would do, especially one as experienced as Sorian. Mind you it is Sorian but still...

Gives me bad feelings.
Eh, smugly showing off his skill at the game is pretty NAI for sotian
Why are you town reading Stan? (That is what I presume you mean by saying that he is doing fine.) I've been meaning to get back to it, but his posts last night rubbed me the wrong way. He pretty much took the attitude that most of day 1 had been a pile of bullshit that wasn't worth commenting on. It is a common sentiment that day 1 is rough, but I am wary of people who use that sentiment to not comment on most of the discussion of the day. It feels like a convenient smokescreen to remain noncommittal. Other players, such as CoolestSpot, have said similar things, and I have been keeping a skeptical eye on them too.

So, what about Stan's comments gives you enough of a town vibe that you are willing to give Flatearthpandas a pass for what you call lazy behavior?
Im confused at how you can say the bolded when in those same posts i did comment on several things from that first day.
I easnt trying to say there was nothing noteworthy from it all, more just expreseing my frustration that it all dragged on pages and pages longer than it needed to thanks to a lot of petulant bickering rather than actual arguments.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Im still at work atm. But when i get home ill give a proper look through the whole monkey and stu situation, right now its reminding me a lot of when B dubs and i were lovers a few games ago.
Specifically monkeys somewhat erronious defences for thier partner, which is very similar to how i acted in that game.
I feel like some full analysus on comparison to that personal experience will help a lot.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
Well that was a much easier and more pleasant catch up than yesterday.

The hell does the bolded mean? It looks confusing and potentially a hienous insult

Wait, where was i scum recently?
I dont doubt you but im drawing a total blank lol.

Nailed it.

Eh, smugly showing off his skill at the game is pretty NAI for sotian

Im confused at how you can say the bolded when in those same posts i did comment on several things from that first day.
I easnt trying to say there was nothing noteworthy from it all, more just expreseing my frustration that it all dragged on pages and pages longer than it needed to thanks to a lot of petulant bickering rather than actual arguments.
I think Kyan was just saying that you are a strong player late in the game. D[bignumber] just means day five or six, I think.

However, as for my comments (I can't see anything bolded in your quote) I wasn't a big fan of your aggressive and pissed off tone, I suppose. I think it was other people, such as CoolestOne, who said similar things about day 1 being bullshit that made me retroactively suspicious of how you opened your first post last night. When I see three or so players use similar language, it puts me on guard. Your beligerent attitude also struck me as being something of an act, but I obviously can't back that up as anything but a gut feeling.

To be frank, I'm not getting a town vibe from you yet, even if you don't come across as scum either. So I was skeptical of why Sorian seemed to be confident that you are town.

Oct 27, 2017
Not feeling that swerve tbqh

Looks organized as fuck with dr and chugs

I'll post some more concise, yes I said concise, what of it, thoughts later

And natiko exlover chill on shitting on chugs with that kind of tone and rhetoric.
Great way to get targeted by scum n1 is bluster and bullshit.

I'll have to read the entire thread if I want dr partner's read

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

I feel like people are still voting for Sorian based on past actions rather than anything in this game. I don't really see a case for voting for them here. As for Stan, I don't really have an opinion so far. They seem fine I guess.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
And finally a vote, because there's 0 reason for anyone not to have one at this point.

Vote: Fantomas

This is mostly because while they haven't been able to post much yet, they haven't really said much of importance in those posts. And also may as well give attention to the couples not really mentioned so far.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
And finally a vote, because there's 0 reason for anyone not to have one at this point.

since you bring it up:

Not voting: FluxWaveZ, Xbro, B-Dubs, Fandorin, Pirate Bae, absolutbro, Stantastic, Ty4on, Kyanrute, Brazil, rac, SkyOdin, malus, Reki, Vincent Alexander, Z-Beat, Zippedpinhead

That's quite a few people without a vote down.

People should start putting their votes down soon. Majority is 18 so we're in no danger of majority.