• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whowasphone

Sep 21, 2019
So in a desperate effort to fix the algorithm on YouTube determined to keep recommending me videos from creators I don't enjoy over my subscriptions, I decided to check out the channels my favorite creators are subscribed to.... Holy hell I should have done this sooner.

For example, one of my absolute faveorites on YouTube is Internet Comment Etiquette with Erik. His subscriptions included one Chris Ray Gun and his video about the yt algorithm hit the nail on the head šŸ¤£

I know it's a year old but it's still very cathartic to see what is essentially the "this is America" of yt culture.

Yeah, the internet in general could stand to "loosen up" a little.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Hol' up. I'm familiar with this name but isn't he part of the alt-right or something? Or am I confusing him with someone else?

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Chris Ray Gun is a centrist racist sympathiser who shouts "all lives matter" and brings up MLK to shut up black people, defended PewDiePie's antisemitic jokes, is pro-gamergate, is dismissive of misogyny being a problem, dismissive of non-binary folks ("largely people with numerous quirks trying to invent a rigid system with which to group themselves"; "you only need two or three genders to get the point across"), and much more. He is the last person to be fixing the algorithm unless if you're into ultra conservative YouTubers and Nazis.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I met him a few years ago at a Halo event, I wasn't overly familiar with him or his reputation, but he seemed more nervous and a fish out of water. I'd been told by a few people there of his previous reputation but that he had regretted it or that it had gotten far out of hand. IIRC, he was very much not cool with another transphobic Halo fan who had been not invited and was being made fun of at it. I'd kind of gotten the implication he had gotten in over his head with stuff in the past. I think he follows me on Twitter too.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I met him a few years ago at a Halo event, I wasn't overly familiar with him or his reputation, but he seemed more nervous and a fish out of water. I'd been told by a few people there of his previous reputation but that he had regretted it or that it had gotten far out of hand. IIRC, he was very much not cool with another transphobic Halo fan who had been not invited and was being made fun of at it. I'd kind of gotten the implication he had gotten in over his head with stuff in the past. I think he follows me on Twitter too.
However, he has egged on transphobia, as when transwoman Thorne Melcher took issue with a joke tweet from comedy YouTuber Ethan Klein that involved accidentally cutting off one's penis and deciding that his name was Ellen from then on. Maldonado decided to screencap the part of Melcher's post which called out Klein for being transphobic and not the joke that led her to that reaction in the first place.[43] In addition, he once said that men who choose to be with transwomen who haven't undergone sexual reassignment surgery are gay[44] and targeted trans activist Zinnia Jones for once tweeting that straight men who are exclusionary of transwomen because of their genitalia should try and be more open minded, insinuating that she was hypocritical for saying that homosexuality wasn't a choice and being in support of gay rights, but also (by his logic anyway) telling straight people to be gay.[45] He also made an accusation on Twitter in a now deleted Tweet that Jones was sending unsolicited dick pics online to people.[46]

Chris Ray Gun

Christopher Ray Maldonado (December 4, 1993ā€“), more famously known by the moniker Chris Ray Gun, is a Puerto Rican YouTube personality, known for his semi-frequent discussion of political topics. As of December 2020, his YouTube channel has over 643,000 subscribers and 107 million views.[1] He...

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
A few years ago?
So what like 2 years after peak Gamergate...he definitely didn't change in that short time

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
However, he has egged on transphobia, as when transwoman Thorne Melcher took issue with a joke tweet from comedy YouTuber Ethan Klein that involved accidentally cutting off one's penis and deciding that his name was Ellen from then on. Maldonado decided to screencap the part of Melcher's post which called out Klein for being transphobic and not the joke that led her to that reaction in the first place.[43] In addition, he once said that men who choose to be with transwomen who haven't undergone sexual reassignment surgery are gay[44] and targeted trans activist Zinnia Jones for once tweeting that straight men who are exclusionary of transwomen because of their genitalia should try and be more open minded, insinuating that she was hypocritical for saying that homosexuality wasn't a choice and being in support of gay rights, but also (by his logic anyway) telling straight people to be gay.[45] He also made an accusation on Twitter in a now deleted Tweet that Jones was sending unsolicited dick pics online to people.[46]

Chris Ray Gun

Christopher Ray Maldonado (December 4, 1993ā€“), more famously known by the moniker Chris Ray Gun, is a Puerto Rican YouTube personality, known for his semi-frequent discussion of political topics. As of December 2020, his YouTube channel has over 643,000 subscribers and 107 million views.[1] He...

Yeah, no doubt that's some awful shit, I can't speak for the guy, I just met him and talked with him for maybe 20 minutes at a community event at PAX. I'd hope that was long before I met him and he seemed regretful. But these days who knows. The last 4-5 years have been eye opening for a lot of people, on so many issues. I don't think any of that is defensible or should be excused unless he's started taking proactive action to undue as much damage as he caused. Which IMO is the only thing you can do to make up for that stuff.

A few years ago?
So what like 2 years after peak Gamergate...he definitely didn't change in that short time
I want to say maybe 2017 or 18. Leaning more towards 17.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He is like Shoe on Head, he's trying to sort of rebrand these days. Still "anti-woke" but trying to dissociate themselves from the worst shit they did

Lion

Banned
Jul 7, 2020
He does a PlayStation podcast with Colin Moriaty, which I believe is very big. I believe Colin Moriaty's patreon is now the most successful gaming patreon, overtaking easy allies. (I sub the Allies).

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
He does a PlayStation podcast with Colin Moriaty, which I believe is very big. I believe Colin Moriaty's patreon is now the most successful gaming patreon, overtaking easy allies. (I sub the Allies).

I really hope this wasn't your attempt to defend him as not right wing and shit hahah

Lion

Banned
Jul 7, 2020
I really hope this wasn't your attempt to defend him as not right wing and shit hahah
No it wasn't (and I don't think it could be interpreted like that).
I don't listen to the podcast, but I know it is pretty big, and it is relevant info for a gaming forum. As such I don't have an opinion on the guy.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
He is like Shoe on Head, he's trying to sort of rebrand these days. Still "anti-woke" but trying to dissociate themselves from the worst shit they did
Haha oh yeah I'm going to be an alt right troll grifter for many years oh no now my platform isn't as big and I'm about to get deplatformed time to pivot those were just hateful jokes, honest!
tenor.gif

Is she still in a relationship with ArmoredSkeptic?

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Haha oh yeah I'm going to be an alt right troll grifter for many years oh no now my platform isn't as big and I'm about to get deplatformed time to pivot those were just hateful jokes, honest!
tenor.gif

I find it insane any progressive person gives Shoe the time of the day, like fucking seriously?

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Wait, so when YouTube started doing something resembling their job and demonetized these idiots they're fans couldn't put up the cash to find them on patron/only fans/gumroad/whatever their using these day?

This is legitimately the best news I've heard in weeks.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
No it wasn't (and I don't think it could be interpreted like that).
I don't listen to the podcast, but I know it is pretty big, and it is relevant info for a gaming forum. As such I don't have an opinion on the guy.
The funniest part is he is presented on Colin's show as the democrat, left leaning, liberal counter to Colin lmao. They are both garbage.

Deleted member 14887

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I hadn't thought about the turd that is Colin Moriarty in years. Sadly that streak has come to an end after reading this.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Was this an attempt to fuck up MY YouTube algorithm?
Chris Ray Gun, Sargon of Akkad, Rubin Report, Amazing Atheist, Sh0eonhead, No Bullshit, Blaire White, Lauren Southern, Ian Miles Cheong, Ben Shapiro, Jordan Peterson, ArmoredSkeptic, and more are all trying to fuck over your Youtube algorithm to get into the pipeline to the alt right.

Status
Not open for further replies.