• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah Fantomas claimed cabot's partner. Can't believe I forgot about that haha
A2rEFka.gif

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know how you can stand being 100% Town-read like I am right now. I find myself insufferable. A constant state of responsible agony

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how you can stand being 100% Town-read like I am right now. I find myself insufferable. A constant state of responsible agony
I would say that's how I felt before I was 100% Town-read. Now though? My reads are here, people trust they are coming from a good place, I can evaluate without needing to be defensive. It's a luxury.

I can even just post random Life is Strange gifs and not catch a single scum read for it!

sQMIQgB.gif

Wait, is this what it's like to be you?

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also, I saw it mentioned earlier, but no, I don't think it's really worth speculating that scum know what the modifiers do. Heroes vs Villains is just a wildcard mechanic that could do anything, but most likely will end up in a couple of deaths in some way. It's interesting which is why a lot of us vote for it, but scum are going to aim for ones that they have the most concrete chance of speeding things along for.

Scum likely have a roleblocker, a tracker, a backup, and maybe something else. They might have JOAT or something, but power-wise, those are the ones that I think are safe to keep in mind.
Where are you getting Tracker from?

Ok, nevermind that. I was under the impression that she had been the first out of you three to vote for turmoil, but the fact that she voted after you two had basically decided the outcome of things regardless of Fran does make your point about her not waiting for the answer resonate a bit.

Hmmm
i usually dislike harping on time stamps but we all voted at the same time. Their votes weren't there when I hit post.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can follow the reasoning of town reading them both and leaning towards the option that is less harmful to town. It's like if someone claims a red check and they deny it you always lynch the red check sorta thing. Fair enough. I still just have a hard time with the question that you don't wait on a response from followed by the 180 with the vote. In short..

I kinda hate your answer, but I can at least admit the reasoning for most of it makes sense if you come from a town v town perspective - though I would be curious to go back and check if you had turmoil listed as town prior to that or if that itself was also a 180.
thought I quoted this but guess not. :x

Day 1 I had Turmoil as a 'null' in my reads list. Day 2 I did the ISO of him that I've quoted in my case against Turmoil where I basically list him as 'inoffensive and quiet, really likes Fandorin. not sure I scum read him yet tho'. You can tell I really mean he is inoffensive because I say it 3 times. ( ._.)

Oct 25, 2017
So I have class through most of the day tomorrow so I won't be around much on EoD. I'm out 40 minutes before the day ends, but I have to read everything and eat lunch, so I don't know if I'll be able to talk much. I might change my vote depending on how the vote is looking, but for now I'll just leave it on Fandorin. I'm perfectly okay with the Faddy vote though

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm home and will go back through some posts today. Final catch up.

Why am I, as a townie, expected to explain what turmoil said and did at D1? I know he was making fake content on me at the beginning trying to pocket me, and settled into voting for me since I didn't suspect him that phase, but how can this be proven without getting into "WIFOM territory"?

He town read me at D1 and pushed for me as the leader until he got called out on his conflicting post about the "Fandorin train deflating" on #1059. After that, he mentions my name in a single other post as a way to link to a previous vote and THAT WAS IT. Not a single mention of me during the entire D2. He didn't entertain my posts or acknowledged my thoughts during that phase. But uh, what does that have to do with me? What exactly are the red flags you're seeing here?

You mentioned he was "weirdly town reading me for no reason", but that's not exactly it. He said he was hard town reading me on D1, when a bunch of other players at least leaned town on me. No reason to suspect that.

That lasted until he got called out on the weird post. Come D2 I posted a lot less and ended up not getting attention in the thread, so it didn't bother me when he didn't follow it up, considering most of the thread didn't and he made no actual reads list as well. I guess I could've have prodded him somewhere down the day, but most of the discussion surrounding him on D2 was about the breadcrumbs post and, like I said in my reads lists, that didn't get my attention since I had seen him do that a lot as town in past games.
You can't explain what Turmoil did, no. You can explain what you did during that time though. You mention that a lot of others town leaned on you on Day 1 and he was hard Town reading you then and that 'wasn't very suspect'. But isn't someone sticking out on Day 1 and saying, 'yeah, I trust this person a lot' suspect in itself? He took that trust in you a lot farther than anyone else did.

I'm also not sure why you're framing his backing down from you on D2 as some sort of sign here. You even mention yourself that he started to back away when people called him out on the 'Fandorin train' post so having him continue that into D2 isn't shocking. In fact it's what I'd expect from a Scum player getting called out promoting a buddy too much to do.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fandorin I'll sum it up like this. You were seemingly aware of Turmoil giving you a lot of good reads, moreso than anyone else, and yet didn't bat an eye at it. In a game where anyone can potentially be Scum and kill you I find it very difficult to believe you did not find that suspicious or weird in the slightest. Your actions tell me you didn't think that way and were more than happy to just let him trust you.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
The Pikachu hat is pretty cool

Which part of Faddy's friendliness made you vote for him? You never got back to me after I answered your complaint about my vote either.
Thanks I won it in Pokemon [Mafia]. I think Faddy is being "mind-controlled" by CeeCee since Cee was never formally reprimanded by a host for his "mistaken" "vote" formatting. I believe Cee used a Power on Faddy in broad Daylight and snuck it right past us. Why not vote against Cee? Because I admire such daring.

I find malus hard to read. If I faked concern I hoped to elicit his reaction. I will disregard yours for now yet I thank you for participating

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
On a more serious note, I am working on a new read list which I plan to share when I wake up tomorrow, so I'm not just turning into a shitpost machine with my Confirmed Town status, don't worry.

Right now though, I am perfectly fine with seeing any of Faddy, Fandorin, or Malus up for the lynch, nothing from them has changed my mind much yet about those Scum Reads today.

I do think there are other players worthy of suspicion, but for today I would like to target within that group which came out of that EoD looking the most suspect, which I believe there are good cases against all 3 that have already been made today.

Oct 25, 2017
On a more serious note, I am working on a new read list which I plan to share when I wake up tomorrow, so I'm not just turning into a shitpost machine with my Confirmed Town status, don't worry.

Right now though, I am perfectly fine with seeing any of Faddy, Fandorin, or Malus up for the lynch, nothing from them has changed my mind much yet about those Scum Reads today.

I do think there are other players worthy of suspicion, but for today I would like to target within that group which came out of that EoD looking the most suspect, which I believe there are good cases against all 3 that have already been made today.

It's weird that we have basically the same scum list after trying to get each other killed for a few days, but I very much agree. I'm down to lynch any of them today.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017

I think I'm less interested in malus, but Faddy and Fandorin give us a good chance of hitting mafia again, I think, while malus and maybe rac are folks I would consider secondary targets.

I'm really upset that multiquote isn't working correctly. I just went through and marked all the times Fandorin inserted things like "since I'm town" and "I, a townie" in his last few posts, and they're not in my quote queue. It's a distinct change in the way he's spoken and I know he wasn't under much scrutiny before but it really sticks out if you ISO him.

I want to discuss this with my boat partner and look back to the mess at the end of last phase.
I did get this one, though. Did this happen? Did y'all get a chance to talk in your boat?

More Fandorin stuff in a few.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm less interested in malus, but Faddy and Fandorin give us a good chance of hitting mafia again
Yeah, I'd personally vote between Fandorin and Faddy. I think I'd go Fandorin first for today as of right now at least, so I'd switch my vote there if need be to make it happen. Faddy has just really not made me feel good about where he is coming from here today though, so I like my vote where it is.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
That's fair. I think people have made some good cases on Faddy and he's definitely not showing the level of "wants it more" that he usually does as town. I was gonna finish my Fandorin stuff but man, I'm just too tired. Long day. I'll wrap that up tomorrow. Maybe better to hear if there's been any development in that boat first anyhow.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
LP is a lock because how else can you read 2 people replacing out without posting as anything but scum.

Rac has done more but not a lot. I liked a few of his posts on Brazil earlier in the game even if they felt a bit partnery. I would flip Brazil first and see where that goes. Rac is empty calories of posts where as L_P is starvation.

I agree with some of the sentiments regarding Faddy seeming a bit more detached than usual, but this is classic Faddy.

Kawl -> Nin -> LP and none of them posted shit? In my experience, NAI.

Kawl we mislynched in GoT for disappearing (I believe his slot was basically the same as this, nothing but inactive), he was Town.

Nin got mislynched in Brexit for ghosting out.

LP is a meme.

Finally.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Outside of that I agree with the points made regarding Malus. I think his chart the other Day was fairly odd and his choice to go with Pirate Bae over the other, more highly scum read people even weirder as well. Using that chart as reference for his vote removes all choice out of his hands as he went with what other people said and how they ranked everyone. As I mentioned before as well I think him falling into this Phase 'being a little lost' is also very odd if he was Town considering we just flipped Scum in a rather crazy Day End.
This is quite a contradictory stance. So you're not happy I went with Pirate Bae over more scum read people, but then lament that I just followed other peoples scum read? And besides, I even told in a later post, that the chart was only secondary in my voting decision.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry about not getting to those rereads, got tied up in doing other things. Not sure how much I'll be around tomorrow due to work and some other things but I'll check in when I can.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
She's back now, so I think we'll see more of her soon, just hope we see more from her other than this push on me. She doesn't seem prepared to see my flip.
Not in this case. I know I'm town so this doesn't apply to me.

But ok, everything is a WIFOM I guess.
More that she doesn't seem to have other leads to chase once I flip town. Not especially sold on her towniness yet, but I just meant I expecy more reads on other players.
I'm home and will go back through some posts today. Final catch up.

Why am I, as a townie, expected to explain what turmoil said and did at D1? I know he was making fake content on me at the beginning trying to pocket me, and settled into voting for me since I didn't suspect him that phase, but how can this be proven without getting into "WIFOM territory"?

He town read me at D1 and pushed for me as the leader until he got called out on his conflicting post about the "Fandorin train deflating" on #1059. After that, he mentions my name in a single other post as a way to link to a previous vote and THAT WAS IT. Not a single mention of me during the entire D2. He didn't entertain my posts or acknowledged my thoughts during that phase. But uh, what does that have to do with me? What exactly are the red flags you're seeing here?

You mentioned he was "weirdly town reading me for no reason", but that's not exactly it. He said he was hard town reading me on D1, when a bunch of other players at least leaned town on me. No reason to suspect that.

That lasted until he got called out on the weird post. Come D2 I posted a lot less and ended up not getting attention in the thread, so it didn't bother me when he didn't follow it up, considering most of the thread didn't and he made no actual reads list as well. I guess I could've have prodded him somewhere down the day, but most of the discussion surrounding him on D2 was about the breadcrumbs post and, like I said in my reads lists, that didn't get my attention since I had seen him do that a lot as town in past games.

That was exactly my point in the original post, yeah.

Considering cabot was the one killed this was expected. Scum role blocked or whatever and prevented another check and went for a sorta odd kill to avoid protection with the NK on cabot.
Fandorin seems quite insistent to point out that he is town. Also he didn't bring anything new to the table so far and hasn't put forward any reads. Instead he spends most of his time defending Turmoils connection with him. This all doesn't read very good to me and puts him into scum territory.

I'm still suspicious of rac: So far he has spent the whole day defending his vote for Flux at eod 2. In this process he brought up several times that Flux could as well be scum and have bussed Turmoil. In the end he votes for me (with a wrongly formatted vote by the way) out of the blue.
Also I'm not a fan of this reaction by Brazil to rac not giving any reason for his vote and just accepts it. I guess he just assumes that rac has the same read as him, but that still looks pretty lazy to me.

Faddy gives me a strange feeling. He doesn't seem as insisting on his reads as in other games and to me he comes across to be trying to stay a bit in the background. But I like that he brings up different viewpoints other than just repeating what the confirmed town members have to say.

For now I think I'll go here:
vote: Fandorin

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's not a particularly long read. 3 things jumped out at me:

I think I would be okay with a leader in Stan, Fando, Brazil, cabot, Kyanrute or Natiko.
Geno stated he would just follow majority if he was leader, which I don't agree with. On the other end Sorian stated he would pretty much ignore the popular consensus and go with whoever he felt like.

You misspelled StanleyPalmtree btw.

I could also get behind Fandorin as leader. I quite liked his kill list and he hasn't set off any alarms for me yet.

Not sure about cabot. I don't really agree with his point of eliminating hard to read players to get them out of the way.

First, these two posts read weird to me. They are only 8 hours a part from each other (and that;s 8 hours during night time in the US so there weren't a lot of posts between them) and I don't really see why Fandorin would be put forward twice in such quick succession. It's a small thing and completely biased by D3 musing that Fandorin might be scum but if he is then this has some worry.

Second, A LOT of malus' posts are spent talking about CeeCee and the reads are very inconsistent. It starts with wanting to lynch him then eventually cooling and saying that it was probably town making a bad move then it switchd back in a negative direction when the leashing talk started and malus mentions that it would be crazy to just allow CeeCee to do whatever he wanted (even though the read is now that he's town), then we get into day 2 and we're back to wanting to lynch CeeCee because he can't shoot that day. Then we get a post where he says he thinks scum CeeCee is unlikely and a neutral doesn't make sense with one shot, so he's probably town but then leaves the door open to change again later.

There's progression there but I feel like a lot of it is just mimicking the temperature of the room at the time. I see some changes that make sense, like that last swap after I mark day 2 since CeeCee first claims no shot today then claims only one shot over the whole game but the progression on day 1 doesn't really have an impetus, it just happens. I'm more 50/50 on this one. On the one hand, it could be scum keeping a mislynch in mind, on the other, someone looking at this from just the objective standpoint would say that CeeCee made an anti-town play and I don't think malus knows CeeCee that well so that confusion and eventual following of the room isn't exactly damning.

The final thing I noticed (remembered lol) is the whole stats thing that I think put everyone in arms. A lot of people got mad at this in the moment then dropped it but idk how much that stuck in people's heads. I believe this was whatever, he could have done the lazier thing and compiled that data then just voted whoever was most scum read by everyone but he still voted where he wanted to and this was before all the claim shenanigans so I don't see much issue here. I haven't seen anyone quote that today as a reason for suspecting him so maybe no one cares as much as I think but it was a hot topic day 2 end before the claims started.

So....sure, I see it. I don't think I lynch him first though. I think the odds of him being scum go up more if Fandorin is scum though.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
You thought the rage would be that of a lion, turns out it was just that of a little kitten. Just cute with no real bite.

Faddy any response to post 3456 or 3460?

This goes out to everyone except flux and Sorian.

You guys just cool with letting CC pass as town?
Alright I have to get something out:

So our chat isn't exactly overflowing with love (5 posts each) but there's one post that is a thorn in my eye.
When I asked CeeCee how he felt about Faddy, he responded with how he didn't feel great about him and how he reminded him of a couple of games he played with him where Faddy was scum.
Now that reasoning is obviously bullshit, since according to Faddy, Brexit 2 was his first time playing as scum and CeeCee wasn't in that game.

Not sure if that's really alignment indicative since he could just have alluded to that game if he passively followed it, but it jumped out to me as if he wanted to get me to vote for Faddy as well. He voted Faddy right after that interaction too.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Faddy and Brazil are bad hombres for reasons many have already covered.

Saw is wishy, washy, buddy, and not as bossy as town!Saw.

Malus is giving me bad vibes.
malus what do you think if the above post from cc?

Would cc thinking you are scum explain the lite chat use?

If cc thinks you and faddy are part of a scum team, it is odd cc would voice that in the lover chat.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
CeeCee what was the reasoning for your faddy vote?

Side note: blarg does raise an interesting point about there being no mod warning for the highlight use.

When cc made the post I expected some power to happen.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Not that it matter much, but I wonder if any of the pairs were scum and scum. Or would that be purposely avoided

Please keep in mind that these chats can contain any combinations of alignments..
===========

TheChuggernaut looking at only your posts from today you don't seem to be too "proactive" in doing anything. Not counting your reads list, most of your stuff I would chalk up as surface level. Your biggest post is about defending Brazil and a slight town lean on my slot. When monkey asks you about kyan, you sorta back off.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to look back to the thread after some leads, but ended up doing something else.

This will be my last post defending myself. It seems Neeks is the only one even entertaining my posts, so why bother. I'll try to find some leads to guide you guys once I flip, since I don't think you guys will have much to go after, but I confess I lost some motivation on the game.

You can't explain what Turmoil did, no. You can explain what you did during that time though. You mention that a lot of others town leaned on you on Day 1 and he was hard Town reading you then and that 'wasn't very suspect'. But isn't someone sticking out on Day 1 and saying, 'yeah, I trust this person a lot' suspect in itself? He took that trust in you a lot farther than anyone else did.

I'm also not sure why you're framing his backing down from you on D2 as some sort of sign here. You even mention yourself that he started to back away when people called him out on the 'Fandorin train' post so having him continue that into D2 isn't shocking. In fact it's what I'd expect from a Scum player getting called out promoting a buddy too much to do.
Fandorin I'll sum it up like this. You were seemingly aware of Turmoil giving you a lot of good reads, moreso than anyone else, and yet didn't bat an eye at it. In a game where anyone can potentially be Scum and kill you I find it very difficult to believe you did not find that suspicious or weird in the slightest. Your actions tell me you didn't think that way and were more than happy to just let him trust you.
I guess I could've addressed it on D1, but I never really do that when others town reading me. I didn't do that with any other player in the end. I think that if turmoil shared a reads lists on D2 and had me town read again I would've mentioned something or prodded him, since I played horribly at D2 and that would alarm me, but that didn't happen so w/e.

I think that Turmoil suddenly never mentioning me again on D2 shows how he was just winging that Town Read and actually forgot about me since he didn't care about my contributions or anything I said in the thread. Like I said, WIFOM territory or whatever, but scummates are usually careful about incriminating themselves, and I've never seen a Scum member forget about his interactions with another team member so much like that.

And yeah, I was OK with him trusting me. Why would that be a problem? I know that the could "trust me", so when he was doing that on D1, when a few others were, that didn't really get my attention. Again, if he had shared that read on D2, I would've probably done something about it.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
malus what do you think if the above post from cc?

Would cc thinking you are scum explain the lite chat use?

If cc thinks you and faddy are part of a scum team, it is odd cc would voice that in the lover chat.
I think the post just repeats what is the general sentiment in this thread.

I guess him mistrusting me could lead to fewer posts, since I restrained from posting much too when the above mentioned interaction happened, but I'm not a great conversationalist, and he doesn't seem like a very talkative guy as well so there's that. I'm also not sure what I should post in there that I couldn't just post here.

I don't think it is odd to voice a scum feel for someone you think is on the scum team with your chat partner. I thought about doing the same to see his reaction and if he would defend them. Also I specifically asked him how he felt about Faddy.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
boy I sure hope Fireblend didn't post anything important in our chat because wow have I not opened that thread at all

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
I don't really think Cee's Mafia. A DayVig of/or a JOAT wouldn't be so out (t)here

EZubz though. You will be mine

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was driving to work and debating where I want to vote. I'm between Brazil and Fandorin right now.

VOTE: Fandorin

Everyone else has pretty much trounced that ground, what's convinced me to push that needle more towards him than Brazil has been their reactions under pressure. Brazil got tilted and I don't think he does that as scum, at least he never did in HvV when I was with him, he was always more careful than that and saved the tilt for scum chat.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I decided to read back on D2 Faddy since it looks like today's lynch will be between me and him. Comments on posts that got my attention with a conclusion at the end.

-------------------------

- #2517 comments he likes Chuggs and is surprised Fantomas is pushing a scum read on him. Mentions his dislike of Brazil shot on Terra while throwing some shade at Fireblend, mentioning he has been "elusive" this game without an actual stance.

- #2527 explains more about his Fireblend and Brazil read. He also comments KetKat's scum read on Fantomas and agrees with her. He then offers a quick read list. Town: Fran, Chuggs and CeeCee (for their claims), cabot as top town read, Fandorin, Sorian and Natiko. Scum: The coasting group (KetKat, Zubz, kyan, malus, AB), rac and Flux as top scum read, developing a bit on that read with quotes.

- #2562 responding Brazil, he gives detailed readings on Sorian, Natiko and Monkey, orders them as Sorian > Natko > Monkey.

- #2612 pushes Sawneeks while commenting on her shade on Fantomas, in which she said "Fantomas was playing like I play scum". Faddy commented that Neeks initially had Fantomas as town in her read list, but then backed off it later saying he was scummy "for the same reasons".

#2671 orders Fran's list, with rac as the scummiest and turmoil as a null read right in the middle. Has Pirate Bae as likely town based on her interactions with Fantomas, who he was scum reading.

SCUM
Rac
Ketkat
Fantomas
Blarg
Turmoil
Pirate Bae
CeeCee
Chuggs
TOWN

- #2679 in a conversation with absolutbro, comments that he and Fantomas were scum reading each other, later tries to clarify it on #2683 after Fantomas calls him out. Mentions that there were posts where Fantomas hedged him as scum, but doesn't link to anything.

- #2685 puts a vote down for Flux while lamenting that reads don't actually mattered this phase due to Fran's override gun.

-#2752 comments that Malus "was probably meming" with the graph and that there wasn't much to read into it.

-#2836, #2846, #2874 and #2901 are the posts where he pushes for Flux lynch after turmoil fake claimed. Differently than Brazil did, he considers more mechanics when calling out, mentioning that "a commuter could still be targeted depending on the gamemaster". In the first reaction post to the mess, quoted below, Faddy mentions "This is not the mindset of vanilla town", and I found a bit peculiar how he adds the word "vanilla" in there. What difference would it make if this was the mindset of a Town PR?

You may as well just admit you have a PR role with a post like this. That is not the mindset of vanilla town.

This is fucking stupid.

---------------------
Conclusion:

Overall, I town lean Faddy. I understand the concerns on his day end last phase, though he wouldn't be my vote this phase (my read list coming up soon).

He expressed most of his reads well, considering we couldn't really pressure vote and that the discussion ended being limited to the names Fran put out. I liked his Sawneeks read, and his Fantomas progression as well. His initial scum read on Sawneeks began due to a comment on Fantomas, who he admittedly had a eye on, so that felt genuine. Faddy what is your take on Neeks this phase? If you commented on it already, I didn't catch it so I'm sorry.

It is worth noting that, despite being his biggest scum read, Faddy had a big post going pressuring Flux but then didn't mention him again until he voted for him in the last few hours of the day. He wasn't on Fran's list and Faddy sorta carried his scum read from D1, but could be the scum team wanted to pressure Flux after finding out, somehow, that he was a PR at N1.

My take on the final stretch of D2 is that scum could've reacted both ways after turmoil fake claimed: a) prepare the bus since his flip was inevitable one way or another after the claim, or b) find footing and push against Flux, hoping turmoil's gambit pans out to give scum that "extra lynch". I can see Faddy fitting into that second category, considering he could use his game long scum read on him as cover. I can see why some want to lynch him for this.

His offhand comment on malus is noteworthy though. If one of them flips scum, I'd look back and see if there are weird interactions there.