• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
We can't just avoid everything. It's better to get the bad ones out the way sooner than later imo. Rather than getting into mylo/lylo and that being the end of it depending on what we roll towards the end.
We can avoid some completely, the game won't reach that much especially with 3 shot dayviggers running around

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather not to be honest, I don't see what good it does in this game since there's nothing to really glean from the PR to role name connection and as with many games, there is always the possibility of a lyncher or hunter scenario
I guess what I'm wondering more about is if there would be a name conflict with someone else, if CeeCee was lying.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We can't just avoid everything. It's better to get the bad ones out the way sooner than later imo. Rather than getting into mylo/lylo and that being the end of it depending on what we roll towards the end.

We can easily avoid the non-real games. There's a ton in that list, we aren't getting to them all.

You have better shit to be doing right now though than worrying about modifiers.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Do you think Fran and Chuggs couldboth be scum?
Yes.

I was looking over the argument Fantomas posted and it reads a lot like an old couple bickering. There's no real content there that hadn't already been brought up, and with heat on both of them, I think it's plausible that Chuggs got on Fran to distance himself should Fran flip today, which is possible.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I'n here, let's talk modifiers.
I say let's not vote any not based on existing games, meaning mc donald, bar and rng, especially rng, are out.
After that I say let's not vote ones that can potentially screw us over, Love Boat by creating lover pairs because I don't think it's worth the risk, and Power Rangers which is DEFINITELY not worth the risk. I don't think there will be a problem with the other ones.

Bar Mafia was a real game. I looked it up and everything. The opening post is great. God Bless Kingsley!

The end game not so much... good throw nin... No idea what the modifier is, drunk roles?

Before my time but if you look it up you can see the huge tone shift in the community. Things are a lot less jokey than they used to be.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Haha, I definitely never said this. Don't conflate having a clear goal in mind with being convinced that my read is correct.

Honestly, that whole debate was such a waste of time. It was simply supposed to be a passing statement that I didn't want in on the running, and then you just blew it up into nothingness. Occupying a whole lot of space with a topic that was really just weak. Same goes for the people who targeted Fran for the same thing.

This is part of why I voted for Stanley. He at least understood this, instead of wasting his time with the whole debate:
This is what I was referring to:
I mean, now you're taking two different circumstances and mashing them together. I have had strong conviction for who to lynch on D1 before. I do not have that right now, and I may not have it later. Even if I do, I think I'd rather appeal to the leader instead of representing everyone on my own.

And sure, I agree that the leader doesn't need to have a direction themselves and, really, anyone who will give us the most information works. But I think that, naturally, those who will will be the ones who have something they want to achieve.
You either trust yourself to have strong conviction or you don't. There's no middle ground to be had there. You were using your intel an hour into the game as the foresight for not having the "conviction" in what would be 47 hours from then when NOBODY does, which is the flaw that is the entire reason I called out your poor excuse. NO ONE has a "clear goal in mind" about the end of the day when the day starts. That's a given with any game, and to imply anything else would be foolish.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also I'm out, I might sneak back in like minutes before day end but probably not. Brazil seems like cool people, I don't think he'll purposely fuck it up.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bar Mafia was a real game. I looked it up and everything. The opening post is great. God Bless Kingsley!

The end game not so much... good throw nin... No idea what the modifier is, drunk roles?

Before my time but if you look it up you can see the huge tone shift in the community. Things are a lot less jokey than they used to be.

Bar 2 is not a real game though and that's the modifier.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki

I meant the Bar Mafia 2 modifier, since afaik there was never a 2.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I mean if he's not town he'll have fake claims.
Either names don't matter or Burb gave scum fake names anyway so it doesn't matter.
Right, I guess scum would get those and not just fake power roles.
You either trust yourself to have strong conviction or you don't. There's no middle ground to be had there. You were using your intel an hour into the game as the foresight for not having the "conviction" in what would be 47 hours from then when NOBODY does, which is the flaw that is the entire reason I called out your poor excuse. NO ONE has a "clear goal in mind" about the end of the day when the day starts. That's a given with any game, and to imply anything else would be foolish.
Listen, there's a massive difference between representing yourself, and representing the whole town. That's it.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We can easily avoid the non-real games. There's a ton in that list, we aren't getting to them all.

You have better shit to be doing right now though than worrying about modifiers.
Like what? I responded to Brazil. I'm trying to maintain keeping up with the current events whilst catching up since I can't just ignore everything else going on.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
ck4xae2o9h

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Also it had Pokemon battles. Who don't like Pokemon battles? (besides when Geno uses weird rules)

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That's not snark - that's an observation on the fact that I couldn't draw scumhunting intent in your posts.

You're not claiming?
I guess I could claim if it's to that point. I'm Natiko vanilla (flavor isn't vanilla) and I'm part of the community aka Town. The last bit is one reason why I wanted to prod CeeCee into full claiming before I had to. He gave the "Day Vig X Shots" but nothing else that would indicate further that he was town based on what I would assume every town player received as flavor in their PM. Small thing but I made sure to quote the person I am in this game in my second (was supposed to be first) post as a slight nod towards who I was.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
I guess I could claim if it's to that point. I'm Natiko vanilla (flavor isn't vanilla) and I'm part of the community aka Town. The last bit is one reason why I wanted to prod CeeCee into full claiming before I had to. He gave the "Day Vig X Shots" but nothing else that would indicate further that he was town based on what I would assume every town player received as flavor in their PM. Small thing but I made sure to quote the person I am in this game in my second (was supposed to be first) post as a slight nod towards who I was.
Scum would have the necessary info anyway, your bait was fail from the beginning.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think I recall him doing so - it was something about how he was arguing Sophia wasn't scum and to not bother with CeeCee. Someone will find the quote.
What the.... I know my posts are often long winded which gets them overlooked, but I have no idea how the hell this is what you grasped from what I said on the subject. I literally said Soph was one of my top scum reads. CeeCee is what turned my head even before all of this vig stuff.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Welp see yall on the other side. Can't believe this is my first time being mislynched in such a long time.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1.5 VOTES ====
Day Start - Day End

terraforce (1 votes)
brazil - #2,327

rac (0 votes)
thechuggernaut - #1,582 #1,589

Post Counts:
sorian: 87 brazil: 56 cabot: 55 blargonaut: 54 fran: 54 dr. monkey: 51 thechuggernaut: 40 geno: 39 sawneeks: 34 fantomas: 33 fireblend: 32 fluxwavez: 26 rac: 26 faddy: 26 stanleypalmtree: 25 fandorin: 23 ceecee: 22 natiko: 22 terraforce: 21 nin: 17 malus: 15 pirate bae: 12 kyanrute: 12 grizzly: 11 zubz: 8 ketkat: 5 turmoil7: 5 absolutbro: 2 retromg: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

There were no post count requirements during day 1.5.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
"Terraforce...", Brazil, the glorious backup leader said, "it is time for you to shashay away."
"Wait--"
Brazil snapped his fingers, and Terraforce exploded.

"...How are we supposed to figure out if he was Blarg or not?"
The people stared at Terraforce's remains, and found a piece of paper that said 'I am not Blargonaut!'

"Well, I guess that settles it"

Terraforce has been removed from the game!

You have been summoned by the great Mafia Time Machine to protect the integrity and history of the games this community has played over the years. It seems that a malicious force is out to disrupt the harmony and results of games past and future, and it is your duty to stop them.

You are Natiko the Townie, which means Ordinary.

You do not have any special powers, but you can VOTE.

You are aligned with The Community, which means TOWN

You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated!

Game Thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/mafiera-mafia-ot-the-day-of-the-blargonauts.91092/

Please confirm you have received this role PM by either replying to it, or posting in the game thread that you have received it

Please wait until next message for further instructions.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Night 1 Begins

You may now vote for the next game modifier in the game thread.

Rule Reminder:
Your votes are made in this thread. Same voting rules apply as during day phases.
You may not post anything else in this thread during night phase but votes.
There are no majority rules. In case of a tie, modifier that received votes first wins.
You may change your vote as many times as you want. You are also allowed to unvote regularly.

The vote ends two hours before day begins. Night actions are also due two hours before day begins.

You may vote these modifiers:
Star Wars
Archer
Call of Cthulhu
NX
Love Boat
Disney Princess
The Price is Right
Pineapple Pizza
Dark Souls
Heroes vs Villains
Power Rangers