• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
Los Angeles, not Florida, unfortunately.

melmagazine.com

Meet the Guy Who Spends Just $150 a Year to Eat All His Meals at Six Flags

Where others saw glorified carnival food, Dylan saw the world’s thriftiest food court

Maybe that sounds outlandish, but after just seven years of daily meals at the theme park, Dylan paid down his student loans, got married and bought a house.

It all started on the first day of his internship in 2014, when Dylan noticed the rollicking coasters of Six Flags Magic Mountain from the windows of his new office. Fresh out of college and something of a coaster-fanatic already, Dylan was perusing the options for Six Flags' annual pass when he stumbled upon what might be the deal of his lifetime — for a one-time fee of $150, he could eat two meals a day, every day at the park for an entire year. Since his office was just a five-minute drive away, it was a no-brainer.
Where others saw glorified carnival food, Dylan saw the world's thriftiest food court. "It was crazy — I was saving money, paying off student loans," he explains. "One of my coworkers said she spent $1,500 a month on eating out, I was like, 'Yeah, I'm not going down that road!'"

To be sure, the Six Flags diet isn't for the faint of heart (or really, anyone's heart). "The first year, the menu was kind of lame — all you could get was a burger and fries, or a pizza and breadsticks, or this pathetic sandwich and a refillable soda cup," Dylan recalls. "It wasn't healthy at all, which was rough."

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
i-eat-austin-powers.gif

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I'm not sure the corn dogs and cheese curds diet is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.