• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.
A man was found hanged from a tree in an apparent suicide in a Manhattan park early Tuesday, officials said.

The grisly discovery was made by a passerby walking through Fort Tryon Park near the banks of the Hudson River in Inwood about 6 a.m., cops said.

The man's name was not immediately released. Police believe he took his own life.

An autopsy has been scheduled to confirm his cause of death.

www.nydailynews.com

Man found hanged from tree in Manhattan park

The grisly discovery was made by a passerby walking through Fort Tryon Park near the banks of the Hudson River in Inwood about 6 a.m., cops said.

This was on 9th June. 3 hangings so far.

Only info available so far is above.

Last edited:

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Awful, and awful to discover too I imagine. Can you post a little context for us abroad types OP?

Edit: They haven't named him? Does the article mention ethnicity?

Feb 1, 2018
This is absolutely a police union/liasion response. It's the 3rd time in a row. Other 2 times are in CA this past week or two.

"Suicide" is a lie

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Happened tuesday, and there is somehow only one article that I can find about this with next to no detail.

If true, this is fucked.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Awful, and awful to discover too I imagine. Can you post a little context for us abroad types OP?

Edit: They haven't named him? Does the article mention ethnicity?
Nope. The neighborhood is heavily Dominican with gentrification creeping up tho.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So is this happening alot in America but usually isn't reported in the media or is somebody killing people right now?

The fact police are saying it's suicide so quickly every time makes this more suspicious

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
Article doesn't say if he was black or not. Has any other news organization reported on this with more details?

I feel sick. I hope, hope, hope lynching isn't becoming commonplace now.

Cwyll

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How many suicides per week are there in the USA normally, and how many happen by hanging. How many of those are black males? Just want a bit more detail before going too far down that path...

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
So is this happening alot in America but usually isn't reported in the media or is somebody killing people right now?

The fact police are saying it's suicide so quickly every time makes this more suspicious
Suicide doesn't get reported on as a rule because it can push others over the edge.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): conspiracy theories, accumulated infractions
These police are efficient in concluding suicide huh?

This is complete conjecture on my part but couldn't some of this wetwork be done by foreign spies? The entire wealth apparatus, Trump and all his partners, all benefit from an act of vigilantism against law enforcement. The more fearful White America is the better his chances in November. Part of me feels they are really trying to provoke something.

It could very well be homegrown cops too.

Guddha

Sep 5, 2019
The Clu Cops Clan's only response to being outed as degenerate racist killers is to murder more people of color.

Oct 27, 2017
I think 3 is enough to merge the threads (or at the very least link the other two threads). Something is clearly going on here — Mods?

Edit :
Robert Fuller
www.resetera.com

Young black male found hanging from a tree in Palmdale; quickly labeled a suicide (UP: Named Robert Fuller)

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-12/investigation-ongoing-after-young-black-man-found-hanging-from-tree-in-palmdale Just hearing about this now..didn’t see a result for Palmdale in a search. a lot of chatter on social media rightfully casting doubt on their quick decision to...
www.latimes.com

Protesters demand investigation after young Black man is found hanging from tree in Palmdale

L.A. County sheriff's officials said Friday it appears Robert Fuller died by suicide, though a full autopsy is planned.

Malcolm Harsch
www.resetera.com

Another Black Man has been found hanging in a tree near Victorville City Library ( 1 HR away from the last Black Man hanging was found)

Article Cops once again say foul play not suspected wtf (Thread Link) - Robert Fuller was the Black Man that was found hanging from a tree in Palmdale, which is 1 hour away from Victorville
www.vvng.com

Sheriff’s Department says foul play not suspected after Black man found hanging in tree near Victorville City Library

VICTORVILLE, Calif. (VVNG.com) — The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department said foul play is not suspected in the death of a Black man who was found hanging in a tree in Victorville. On May 31, 2020, at about 7 am, the Victorville City Fire Department was dispatched to the Victorville City...

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Of course the police believe it was a suicide.

Edit: I'm going to edit this out for now. If there are ~47,000 suicides per year and ~25% of them are hanging, then that means there's ~225 hanging suicides/wk. Since suicide experts recommend that media don't sensationalize reporting, it's understandable that there's not much coverage of this one.

If the family suspects the police are wrong or covering something up, then I'll boost their signal.

Last edited:

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
A quick search only shows the daily news article. Frustratingly few details.

I think 3 is enough to merge the threads (or at the very least link the other two threads). Something is clearly going on here — Mods?

Edit :

www.resetera.com

Young black male found hanging from a tree in Palmdale; quickly labeled a suicide (UP: Named Robert Fuller)

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-06-12/investigation-ongoing-after-young-black-man-found-hanging-from-tree-in-palmdale Just hearing about this now..didn’t see a result for Palmdale in a search. a lot of chatter on social media rightfully casting doubt on their quick decision to...

www.resetera.com

Another Black Man has been found hanging in a tree near Victorville City Library ( 1 HR away from the last Black Man hanging was found)

Article Cops once again say foul play not suspected wtf (Thread Link) - Robert Fuller was the Black Man that was found hanging from a tree in Palmdale, which is 1 hour away from Victorville

A little early when we don't even know if this was a black man.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How many suicides per week are there in the USA normally, and how many happen by hanging. How many of those are black males? Just want a bit more detail before going too far down that path...
I would probably ask the question how many people hang themselves in public by a tree.

I don't know anything about this but if you were going to commit suicide I would have thought you would attempt to do it privately.

Something's off, but I want to see the weight of evidence.

ps3ud0 8)

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Ah, so this is the American version of the Russian 'he committed suicide when he tripped and fell out of a window, hit some bullets on the way down and then landed on top of spiked metal railings'.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I would probably ask the question how many people hang themselves in public by a tree.

I don't know anything about this but if you were going to commit suicide I would have thought you would attempt to do it privately.

Something's off, but I want to see the weight of evidence.

ps3ud0 8)

my nephew hung himself on a tree at the beach back in the day. He was suffering tremendously...and his entire feed was of the beach...so well, it sort of made sense.
However, if this turns out its another POC, the timing seems very strange. Even if its a white person... This all seems off, thats what my gut is saying.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

40-50 thousand suicides in the US per year so a bit under 1000 per week.

Hanging is the 2nd most common form of suicide in the US at about 25%.

Males are far more likely to commit suicide but blacks are only half as likely as whites to commit suicide.

afsp.org

Suicide statistics

Learn the latest statistics on suicide. Data on suicide are taken from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Data & Statistics Fatal Injury Report for 2018, as of March 1, 2020. Suicide rates listed are Age-Adjusted Rates.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
This is getting really concerning and super fucked op. And I know it doesn't say if he's black but I will assume so at the moment. I hope the fbi gets involved. It's also Manhattan with a million freakin cameras so I hope some footage was caught if it's the cops or murder, etc.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This is getting really concerning and super fucked op. And I know it doesn't say if he's black but I will assume so at the moment. I hope the fbi gets involved. It's also Manhattan with a million freakin cameras so I hope some footage was caught if it's the cops or murder, etc.
Yeah, hopefully. This is a park, though. I'm very familiar with the park too. I used to live around there.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

Males are far more likely to commit suicide but blacks are only half as likely as whites to commit suicide.

afsp.org

Suicide statistics

Learn the latest statistics on suicide. Data on suicide are taken from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Data & Statistics Fatal Injury Report for 2018, as of March 1, 2020. Suicide rates listed are Age-Adjusted Rates.

You gotta wonder if we see a spike this year with the virus and all the shitty news. For sure depression is on the rise.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

afsp.org

Suicide statistics

Stumbled on to this while looking for the stats you just posted.

Hanging Suicides Up in United States
TUESDAY, Nov. 20 (HealthDay News) -- A surge in hanging deaths among middle-aged adults appears to be responsible for the notable increase in U.S. suicides between 2000 and 2010, a new study finds.

Hangings accounted for 26 percent of suicides in 2010, up from 19 percent at the start of the decade. Among those aged 45 to 59, suicide by hanging increased 104 percent in that time period, according to the report documenting changing suicide patterns.

From November.

Mar 3, 2019
I know tensions are high but can we not immediately jump to conspiracy theories? We don't even know what the person's ethnicity is yet.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You gotta wonder if we see a spike this year with the virus and all the shitty news. For sure depression is on the rise.

The suicide rate in the US has been climbing every year even before this. But, I'm also sure you're right and our current situation will certainly not help.

show 48,344 people died by suicide in 2018, up from 47,173 the year before. While the increase was small, just two-tenths of a percent, the rise in deaths over time has been steady. Since 1999, the suicide rate has climbed 35%.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York

Yeah, with the year we're having, a spike was unfortunately going to be seen. But does it show the % in public places? (Haven't read through the whole article yet). That's what's odd here with these 3 so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.