• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
A federal magistrate judge in Tennessee on Friday ordered the pretrial release of a man who allegedly entered the Senate chamber during the Capitol riot while carrying a taser and zip-tie handcuffs.
The decision to allow Eric Munchel, 30, to await trial in home detention is one of at least five cases where magistrate judges around the country have rejected arguments from prosecutors that alleged participants in the storming of the Capitol should be detained pending trial.

"I have no reason to believe Mr. Munchel is part of an organized, collective action against the government," Frensley said. "The court believes ... Mr. Munchel does not pose an obvious and clear danger to the safety of this community."

"I've made my decision," the magistrate said. "I'm comfortable and confident that the rulings I've made in this case are correct."
Prosecutors stressed Munchel's boisterous behavior in the Senate, shouting phrases such as, "I want that f---ing gavel!"

"He clearly possesses views that are extreme if he was willing to participate in that sort of conduct," Assistant U.S. Attorney Ben Schrader said. "There's no reason to think he wouldn't engage in this conduct in the future. I have no idea what form that would take. He has shown the court what he is willing to do in stark terms."
Assistant U.S. Attorney Ahmed Baset sought to present evidence that on the night of the riot, Munchel threatened and put his hands on a Bloomberg News reporter at a Washington, D.C., hotel. However, Frensley said the evidence portion of the hearing was over and he declined to consider it.

www.politico.com

Man who allegedly entered Senate chamber with taser, cuffs is ordered released pending trial

A federal magistrate judge in Tennessee on Friday ordered the pretrial release of Eric Munchel, who allegedly entered the Senate chamber during the Capitol riot.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The organised collective action was the fuckers invading the Capitol in a violent mob, is this idiot for real?

0h-so-Cold

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 2, 2020
As transparent as can be. White terrorists are not terrorists to these people.
This must be one of the hundreds of appointed GOP judges Mitch McConnell pushed thru in the last few years. They have infiltrated the justice system on a nationwide level no thanks to GOP controlled sebate.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
This country went to such lengths to no see the domestic terrorist threat that it allowed them in to the Capitol. So it's no surprise the system still refuses to acknowledge it. And yet some brown person from a foreign land gets sent straight to Gitmo for a whiff of anything. It's obvious some of these judges are sympathetic to the cause. I hope they choke.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Fucking white privilege.

dtwlq8fpbxc61.png

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I disagree and I suspect judge Frensley is a white supremacist sympathizer, whether he knows it or not.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My post was deleted. it doesn't have anything to do with this thread. i shouldn't have posted it here.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This was the dude that went with his mom:
One factor that clearly played in Munchel's favor: he traveled to Washington, D.C., and entered the Capitol alongside his mother, Lisa Eisenhart. She, too, is charged in the case, but testimony during a lengthy hearing Friday indicated that Eisenhart was the one who suggested they enter the Capitol.

EternalDarko

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, this is zip tie guy! Even after they found the trove of weapons the other day!??

Fucking hell at that white privilege!

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
The man in question, as pointed out by the article in the first line, is under house arrest pending trial. He is not free on his own recognizance. The framing of the thread does not reflect this and makes it sound like he is free to go off and do whatever, as such it has been locked due to it's inaccurate framing.

Status
Not open for further replies.