• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

?

• 95-99

Votes: 8 1.8%
  • 90-94

Votes: 81 18.5%
  • 85-89

Votes: 239 54.4%
  • 80-84

Votes: 106 24.1%
  • 75-79

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • <75

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
WGGUKAT.png

PyNAKcH.png

Next Gen Base - 9/10
If you're looking for a game that truly shows off what a new system can do, then there's not much further to look than Spider-Man: Miles Morales. A visual powerhouse of a game that brings some neat new powers to a new Spider-Man, and some incredible technical advancements that brings unprecedented loading times to a new console, make for some truly impressive moments that remind you that we are, in fact, in a new generation. Oh, and the puddles look lovely, too.

Console Creatures
Everything about this game oozes style, Nadji Jeter is the definitive version of Miles Morales thanks to his goofy and geeky take on the web-slinger. Soaring through the Highrise buildings of New York City has never looked better and the extra power of the PlayStation 5 makes things feel more alive than ever before.

IGN - 9/10
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales may not be quite as packed with content as the original, but it stands out as an essential story in Insomniac's Spidey Universe. It earns its spot as a fantastic follow-up, telling a wonderful Miles-specific story while improving upon the fundamentals of the first game with distinctive moves and enemies. And it's an excellent way to break in your new PlayStation 5; it looks spectacular, loads fast, and makes fun use of the DualSense controller, the directional audio, and more. But regardless of which generation you play it on, it's a worthy followup to one of the best superhero games ever made.

GameSpot - 7/10
It's a bit of a bummer to see Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales trip up at certain points, but thankfully, that doesn't happen often. The game wastes little time jumping you into Miles' story and rarely lets up on the brakes, packing the young wall crawler's first solo outing with more super powers and radio chatter than the game needs. And yet, despite its frantic pace, Spider-Man: Miles Morales is a compelling open-world action game that helps highlight why Miles is so special: his culture. It's Miles' unique differences and earnest attempts at figuring out how to protect his community that make him into such a wonderful hero, not the mask he wears and superpowers he wields.

Game Informer - 9/10
No load times. Beautiful raytracing. The PlayStation 5 version of Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales is a technical juggernaut that continually impresses. It is the ideal way to play the game if you can. Feeling the Venom flow through the controller is quite cool. That's not to say the PlayStation 4 version is far behind, however. Marvel's Spider-Man from 2018 remains one of the generation's best-looking and playing games, and this game's performance is in lockstep with it. Fast travel and restarts bring up short subway rides and loading screens (they are instant on PS5), and the visuals may not have that next-gen sheen, but the PS4 version is still a beautiful and worthy way to experience this excellent game.

EGM - 5/5
Don't be fooled into thinking Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales is some minor spin-off of Insomniac Games' PS4 exclusive. Sure, it's not as long, but the experience is packed with enough new gameplay ideas and design refinements that it feels every bit like a true, substantial successor. Throw in a story that does justice to Miles as a character and tech that wonderfully showcases the power of the PlayStation 5, and you just might have one of the best console launch titles of the modern era.

Push Square - 8/10
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales is effortlessly cool. The overall gameplay structure may prove samey for those who failed to fall in love with Insomniac Games' previous effort, but everyone else will have a blast with this generous spin-off story. Great characters, tons of activities, and some epic set-piece moments round out a must play superhero romp – and with the developer on this kind of form, we can't wait to see more of the full-scale sequel that it's inevitably cooking up.

Spiel Times - 9/10
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales offers a tantalizing taste of how the current console generation stacks up with the pricey new hardware players will be clamoring to get their hands on over the next few months. For all that power of Zen 2 and Navi architectures, HDMI 2.1 and all the associated next-gen accoutrements, the PS4, which is about to turn seven years old, is holding up exceptionally well. All that technical wizardry would be for naught, though, if the fun factor wasn't there. But "Miles Morales" is one of the year's best escapist entertainments, replete with stand-out combat, an engaging story and a well-designed open world. This spider packs a serious punch.

Last edited:

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Do we think there is potential this is better than the original? Everything I have seen is really impressive.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I think a low 80s, because many reviewers will say there's no much changes since the prequel.

I will still play THE FUCK out of this.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I think mid 80s.

I expect it to be *more of the same* but the graphics and presentation will help the game scoring some 8s and 9s.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
My heart says 90+, but my head keeps telling me it may have 87-88 like the first

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I guess something around 85-86 is realistic. And also totally fine for this kind of game.

Whatever it is I'm very excited to start the next gen with Miles.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Game has 87-90 written all over it, went with 90.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting scores a la Lost Legacy ; anything above low to mid 80's will be a pleasant surprise.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
After Avengers, I think reviewers will realize that Miles is real good, so I will say 86-87 like Spider-Man PS4

Oct 25, 2017
Some folks always go on about how games are too long and then when you get games like this that are smaller in scope (similar to Lost Legacy etc) they always get marked down when it comes to reviews so it'll be interesting to see if that trend continues here. I'm thinking around 87-90 tbh, but wouldn't be surprised at an 82 or w/e.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I think it's gonna be 85-89. Great game, but a bit too short for its value.

Hopefully we get more specific information on how short it is. It's what I want to know before jumping in.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever the 1st game got, add 2-3 more points due to next gen hype and the Spiderverse rub.

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
Very excited to play this launch day. I've gone mid 80's as I imagine it'll be mostly just a better performing version of the last game.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do we think there is potential this is better than the original? Everything I have seen is really impressive.

Gameplay wise it's hard to see that not being the case.

Hard to see it topping the first game's story, which IMO was surprisingly strong, but at the same time MM will be much better paced I guess

DarkVaber32

Nov 15, 2018
This game will get a much higher score than the previous one. I am hoping for low 90s - mid 90s.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the thread OP!

Got pretty hyped for the game after watching the Game Informer vids and finishing up the DLC from Spider-Man PS4. I'm guessing 90 on metacritic should be possible.

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I've gone for 90-94

I think:
the new console hype
it being Miles
sequel'ish
will be bumping it up

Even if it should/may be brought down by:
the price
too samey

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
Low 80s I think. The quality is there, but it'll be pretty similar to the first and short-ish, and that will drag the score down.

El-Pistolero

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
I don't know why anybody should care about scores anymore, but seeing as this thread was created, and as to play this futile game, I'm gonna go with a 80-89 range...

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Will probably get 85-89, but it does not seem to bring too much new stuff (the really good stuff is already there) and might get lower.