• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Pattern of making low-effort threads despite being warned. Thread-making privileges suspended.

Since Teraflops are all the rage nowadays, very interesting to read a developer's perspective on it.

Discuss!

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man

are you really anxious about PS5's specs to the point of making so many threads about it? chill dude, its ok its just 2tflops difference its not much

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
I mean blame Sony, Microsoft, Google, Nvidia, etc... for using them as buzz words not the people buying your products

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry Matt, it's all about the flops now. We don't even need games, we can just count how many flops each other has.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Probably because people in your field know more about what's going on than average person that plays games.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
I thought so. Lightning fast GPUs don't mean shit if you don't have the staff to create all those gigabytes of high res art.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Now if I may direct everyone's attention to the teachings of our lord and savior - SSD optimization. 🙏 Praise be.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Strange when ps 4 and Xbox One launched any message board you went to we're filled with teraflops/ power % facts, wonder what has changed?

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Man

are you really anxious about PS5's specs to the point of making so many threads about it? chill dude, its ok its just 2tflops difference its not much
If the PS5 had more TeRaFlOPs, we'd see more threads about how Xbox is doomed or something. Instead, it's full on "damage control" for the past 24 hours.

I'll go back to play on my PS4 Pro and Xbox One X now.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it really REEKS of this kind of insecurity tbh.

have no horse in this race but a lot of "we are ok!! We will be fine!!" Yelling from fans lately

I'd say it's justified with all the misinformation flying around. It's a response to that. And it's the result of lots of gamers just flat-out not listening to those saying there isn't a drastic power difference... including right here in this thread forum.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Well yeah but people want to feel like their choice of plastic box matters in the grand scheme of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.