Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
r5qiRm5.gif

(finished MGS3 last night in my series replay, moving on to MGS4 now)

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I know some people really didn't like MGS4, but I think it's my favorite one honestly. Also, one hour til game start... prepare thyselves!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I know some people really didn't like MGS4, but I think it's my favorite one honestly. Also, one hour til game start... prepare thyselves!
There are a lot of things I really, truly love about MGS4, and then there are some things I really, truly hate about it too lol.
Snake Eater > Everything Else
j926biD.gif

Yeah I think MGS3 is the best overall, though 1 and 2 will always have soft spots in my heart, and I do think MGSV is honestly the most fun stealth gameplay in the series.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
There are a lot of things I really, truly love about MGS4, and then there are some things I really, truly hate about it too lol.

j926biD.gif

Yeah I think MGS3 is the best overall, though 1 and 2 will always have soft spots in my heart, and I do think MGSV is honestly the most fun stealth gameplay in the series.

I loved 1-3, 3 being my favourite. Honestky I have never actually played 4, hated 5.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I once started and ended a session playing MGS4 that lasted an hour or so and did absolutely nothing but watch cutscenes...
Well, I'm pretty sure it does still hold the record for longest cutscenes in a video game lol.

"The longest example of a videogame cutscene or non-interactive film in to explain the story between levels, is 27 minutes, in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Konami, 2008)."

GWR Gamer's Edition 2011

"The longest cutscene sequence is also from MGS4 - 71 minutes of cutscenes are combined together in the game's climax to explain events after the game's story has concluded."

GWR Gamer's Edition 2011

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I hated the mother base stuff mostly. I did like building my own zoo though.
Oh, that stuff tickles my bones, I love managing all that. And stealing containers everywhere to get resources. I still can't drive past a container without thinking "let me get my fulton." lol AND I LOVE MY ZOO

And V has deep, deep issues. Don't get me wrong. I don't give Kojima an inch - there is some flat out fucked up shit in that game that was very hard for me to watch/experience and he should probably be ashamed of his words and deeds at some of it. We don't need it. It doesn't deepen the game to roll the camera lovingly over a character's all-but-bare breasts as she's being tortured. It's gross. And I won't talk about some of the choices in Ground Zeroes because holy shit.

And like with many of his games, his reach exceeded his grasp (don't forget the games that got fixed later), and because of everything with the studios, there's no chance of fixing this one. But the deep, sprawling experience (dancing in the rain aside). And that whole opening! The depth of some of the missions! ahhhhhh

It's a real give and take. I have never cussed so much at design decisions while also loving so many other things. It's a complicated, often terrible, often amazing beast. I love it.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
MGS3 is my favorite. I'm probably the only person whose introduction to the franchise was VR Missions, though. The first mainline MGS I played was 2! That was a trip.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
I own MGSV, but I haven't played it yet because the cutscene at the end of Ground Zeroes was a little much.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
My most exposure to Metal Gear is Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Not ultimate. Brawl.

I have seen this scene, though:

006FDB1A7301D590527D9474E0EFED9B990FF447

And the infamous rain scene, both the original and modded with Ocelot.

Day 1 Begins
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I've been looking over strategy's, training in the woods, taking notes, and I think I've come up with the perfect day 1 play.

We should kill Turmoil

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Only game I've played is 5, played it for 40 hours and had fun but that fun came with a lot of caveats.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, how rude of me, I've forgotten how to play apparently!

Vote: Dr. Monkey

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
[He/Him] Faddy - UTC+0 has replaced Koldanar

Welp, let's hope this doesn't break everything. Counting manually would suck lol

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh LET'S FUCKING GO

So a note re: day starts: Day ends are fine for me, but typically on day starts I'll be here for a little bit and then I'll have to leave to make dinner and all, because there are small people who require regular feeding. So every day start will probably go like that.

what will really happen is I'll say I'm going to leave but I'll be in the kitchen stirring and not paying attention because I'm reading on my phone and typing frantically cause I'm congenitally incapable of leaving the thread ever but like... I have good intentions

also I'm really for sure going to try to stick to a personal post cap this time no really stop laughing

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Dr. Monkey ok, I added MGV to my steam wishlist since you mentioned base building or something in that one.
I'm a sucker for base building.

*truffleshuffle*