nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Ron-Swanson-Fist-Of-Feels-Success.gif

just having more ron swanson gifs in here will impeove the quality of each game.
wanted to leave his here before going to bed.

for real know though

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a bit of WIFOM: I had a very different plan if I was scum. I am a team player to an extent, but I do what I can to win. Mind you, it's been 5 years since my last real game so I'm a bit rusty, but that was definitely a factor.

I love WIFOM. Tell me your scum plan.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Signaling to the thread you don't plan on actively helping town flip someone for your own reasons is a pretty universal scummy look. I don't think it's weird to scumread him for the content of the post.

But I don't think a new player on a scum team would separate himself from the game so drastically right at the start of the phase. So for that reason I don't advocate voting him off, but if there's a vig out there who needs a target, there's a name for your list.
Yeah, the "I won't join a train" is for me a small red flag, but it strikes me as something someone from a very different meta might say and also I remember my early games when I didn't understand about trains at all or why everyone was so focused there (had only played IRL previously) so maybe I'm giving a biased read but my read leaned more "town, probs, but."

okay I am not reading anything else and am actually going now

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Signaling to the thread you don't plan on actively helping town flip someone for your own reasons is a pretty universal scummy look. I don't think it's weird to scumread him for the content of the post.

But I don't think a new player on a scum team would separate himself from the game so drastically right at the start of the phase. So for that reason I don't advocate voting him off, but if there's a vig out there who needs a target, there's a name for your list.

Lmao I realize this can only be funny to me, but this is great.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
vague posts about nothing sandwiched with other thoughts to distract from them so you're not actually doing a real call out definitely feels off.

Anyway, if you get around to figuring out what you think is "off" let me know.
I'll be sure to, for now keep talking, you're only digging your own grave.

Sure, but why come out and do something that will make you the center of attention this early? For me it's not just the post itself, it's the timing of it. Like we're 15 minutes into day 1 and are just shit posting and dude comes in and makes a post that could have been somewhat risky.
I think you should reread my post, I didn't say anything about Feign's alignment.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Yeah, the "I won't join a train" is for me a small red flag, but it strikes me as something someone from a very different meta might say and also I remember my early games when I didn't understand about trains at all or why everyone was so focused there (had only played IRL previously) so maybe I'm giving a biased read but my read leaned more "town, probs, but."

okay I am not reading anything else and am actually going now

I mean we're not an hour in. The train thing is important for reasons that will be very clear by the end of Day 1 and that's all I'm saying for now.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
If you play like I do when scum, I'm gonna enjoy playing games with you.

I think one of my favorite plays was getting the rest of my team and myself to vote for the last town kill we needed to win. I convinced someone that if they were innocent, scum would have hammered the vote and won. They couldn't imagine every mafia member on one person outing themselves like that. That ending was funny on so many levels.

Why can't we hear the scum plan? :(

I was going to assume the mafia chat was whatever it wasn't and post it in a way where other people would use it as a soft confirm I was town. It's tough to thread it where it reads as authentic, but that's not much of an issue if it's my intent. However, that sort of thing works for your first game only, unfortunately. Shame I'm not scum. :)

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I think one of my favorite plays was getting the rest of my team and myself to vote for the last town kill we needed to win. I convinced someone that if they were innocent, scum would have hammered the vote and won. They couldn't imagine every mafia member on one person outing themselves like that. That ending was funny on so many levels.
I'll have to tell you about the time I claimed cop on D2 and bussed my scummates to get confirmed town status later.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Dr. Monkey

When you get back, can you answer this:

You said my post was something the community inherently reads as scummy. What do you make of so many people accepting your read of me as town? I'd also like some info on Fanto if you have any.