A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Ambulance, if you could for-sure know the alignment of three people right now, whom would you pick?
I'd pick you and Maol for sure. I think you're both really strong players and I honestly don't know if I would be able to detect y'all as scum. I think my third would be Launch. From what I've seen he has a really strong scum game so nipping that in the bud early would be a good play to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Not really, just a different meme, but it's not a bad answer for all that. And at least it's not about you, which was what I hoped for. He can be mad about being pocketed and want you to die just in case, but he's gotta talk about other people too lol

Yeah I didn't think it was either. I figured that's why you asked for three instead of one so I'm glad he gave a different answer because I wanted to see where he was at outside of that also.

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Jokes on you me and Monkey are actually scum together.

efe7ba8e62d099c0b5ead6516571024c_w200.gif

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
It's so quiet. ~5 people not here yet, some sleeping, but still with 28 people you'd think there'd be some d1 icebreaker questions.

If I had a gun, I would probably shoot Zeke right now. It's only fair. How would he flip? pop quiz go

Oct 25, 2017
It's so quiet. ~5 people not here yet, some sleeping, but still with 28 people you'd think there'd be some d1 icebreaker questions.

If I had a gun, I would probably shoot Zeke right now. It's only fair. How would he flip? pop quiz go

Yeah, it's weirdly quiet which is real weird for this early on day 1 in a game of this size.

Zeke sitting there watching like some kind of truffleshuffling owl is making me nervous so my gut says scum, but that's not even a real read obviously

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
"I was born in a small village. I was still a child when we were raided by soldiers. Foreign soldiers. Torn from my elders, I was made to speak their language. With each new post, my masters changed along with the words they made me speak. With each change, I changed, too. My thoughts, personality, how I saw right and wrong. Words can kill."

Skull-Face, High-School theatre class

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
"I was born in a small village. I was still a child when we were raided by soldiers. Foreign soldiers. Torn from my elders, I was made to speak their language. With each new post, my masters changed along with the words they made me speak. With each change, I changed, too. My thoughts, personality, how I saw right and wrong. Words can kill."

Amazing. You win praise for this and lose it by avoiding the question. Welcome!

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017

odds say town. I've seen quiet Zeke on D1 be town. He opens up as the game goes on. If we're past D3 or D4 and Zeke isn't trying to solve by poking everyone, he's probably scum.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017

I don't know what I was expecting for your avatar this game, but holy crap this surpassed it.

Definitely feels weird for a game of this size. I was surprised when I'd check the thread and not see any new updates since the last time.

For the question, I'd probably lean towards a town flip for Zeke right now, but I dunno if I'm just looking at the odds for that.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Shout outs to Maol starting the game with an effective "to scummy to be scum" point, glad to know we as a community are pathologically incapable of learning that lesson.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Also shout outs to Feign opening with something that got people immediately talking about the game rather than shitposting for about 34 hours.
i mean its not gonna stop me shitposting but hey its progress.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
oh yall wernt kidding, normally it takes me much longer to catch up.

dd0.jpg

Me having only played Revengeance.
i mean, its all downhill from there so you could really just keep it at just Revengeance
Still the best Platinum game, don't @ me.
See Fanto knows.
Those tank control for all of the MGS lmao

absolute dogshit
Sparks i dont think a single MGS game has had tank controls.
I had the weirded experience between Ground Zeroes and V.

I could barely do a thing in GZ without getting spotted and having the whole mission turn into a firefight, but I never had any trouble playing V with actually playing V. No clue why, since I'm pretty sure the engine and controls were the same in both.
I think they might have tweaked some stuff between GZ and TPP, because I had a similar experience. It was really easy for me to get seen in GZ, but in TPP I was fine while playing almost the exact same way.
GZ was basically an extended demo because they can't do small so I think this is indeed the case.
Mechanically GZ and TPP are effectively the same, however the Base in ground Zeroes is a far more densely designed level than anything in TPP with a lot for thought to enemy position/patrols, and the need for the player to traverse a much broader path through it, so yeah maintaining stealth was much harder in GZ.
This was particularly funny since spending like 200hrs in GZ just exploring the mechanical depth of it meant that actually playing TPP was piss easy by comparison.
breathing is overrated
Clearly we got one of those skin breathers
No, I'm a neutral arsonist mason vanillaizing ascetic role cop. Didn't Geno review this? 😬
Oh sup Grey Fox
Does MGS have a cult?
Id say The Patriots would make a pretty good Cult given how thier entire idiology is based on a flaw interpretation of the Boss's dying words, and they tend to recruit via manipulation, blackmail, and turning folks into cyborgs.

god this is gonna be Nier Mafia all over again aint it.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
right so basically Monkey is scum, Maol is town, Chuggs is town, Zeke is scum, Sparks is town.

book it, see ya tommorrow.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
After Fate/Mafia, I am inclined to see the *truffleshuffle* as a scumtell for EzekelRage.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Haha let me correct my grammar.

Will you elaborate please?
Monkey is laying a whole bunch off seeds with little behind each one, sure this could just be typical early game light reads but they strike me as falling in the perfect area of each being just notable enough that if any are pursued down the line its been appropriately foreshadowed, but not so much that they cant be forgotten inconspicuously. feels calculated.

Maol opening with that town read on Feign but then rolling into proper discussion and a natural expansion in reads displayed an unnecessary generosity in cutting off a potential false trail to lead town down, and just felt engaged in solving rather than controlling when controlling the narrative would be very easy at this point given the games relative silence.

Chuggs seems as enthusiastic as he is lost, a difficult balance to fake.

Zeke is Shitposting enough that its clear to all hes here and could be contributing if he wanted to, while not contributing. Power move, i respect it.

Sparks was there because just having 4 felt off and he seemed like the best joke read.

All of these reads are absolute and permanent, i will not be taking any further wuestions.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, for some early reads I feel like I don't have a whole lot yet.

Monkey feels like Monkey so far, she's active, sharing thoughts, asking questions, poking and prodding at people, all the things I expect her to do.

Chugg is engaged and into sorting and finding where he wants his targets to be today already, which feels good.

Maol feels more engaged and into the game on D1 than I feel like he usually does, which causes an eyebrow to raise at least, but I haven't really disliked anything he's said yet.

Feign left a good impression to start with, but I'm leaving room for my read to evolve here because he seems like a smart player and the type who wouldn't be afraid to gambit early.

Faddy also felt pretty good to me, as I mentioned earlier, I feel like he overplays his hand as Scum a lot, and he hasn't been stirring anything up yet, just feels like a natural Town Faddy so far at least.

I don't feel like many others have left a strong impression on me yet when looking at the player list. Ambulance always has kind of an innocent feel to me (has he rolled Scum yet?), so I guess that's another on the early "feels good" list.

If you gave me a gun and said I had to shoot right now, fuck, idk, I'd probably just shoot Nin for fun lol. <3

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Do you ever feel bad voting off someone on day 1? They're just trying to enjoy a chummy mafia game like the rest of us. I feel bad for anyone who gets voted off day 1. Unless it's Shirou since I actually know him outside of this mafia game, then it'd be fine.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Decided to go over the early posts from ATP and FateShirou, my two mentees. <3

For the background story there quick, I mentored ATP in his first game, Horror Movie, where he was a Neutral, and I mentored FateShirou in his first game, Fate Mafia, where he was Scum.

Fate feels very relaxed so far and doesn't seem to be hiding too much, he has that "posting freely" quality that feels naturally Townie to me, and I feel like I remember him being a bit more ghosty as Scum.

ATP's entrance felt decent enough, chill shitposting, but he was only around for like an hour though since day start is at night for him, so didn't get to see him interact much yet.

All in all, I don't think I have any side-eyes on either of them yet, but I'll continue to watch them closely of course. 😈

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Townread for fanto, like the only one who doesnt want by blood
giphy.gif
I'm not too worried about you yet, but you'll definitely need to do more than *truffleshuffle* and shitpost to keep yourself off my list for D1 lol. <3
Do you ever feel bad voting off someone on day 1? They're just trying to enjoy a chummy mafia game like the rest of us. I feel bad for anyone who gets voted off day 1. Unless it's Shirou since I actually know him outside of this mafia game, then it'd be fine.
Only if they flip Town lol.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
I've been eliminated early (by either being voted off or taken out by scum) or placed in very tense Day 1 situations so often that I've mostly gotten over any feelings of guilt for voting other people off instead.

Though I still adhere to the policy of not voting for new players on Day 1. People need at least a day to get a feel for this. I'm not giving any leeway past that though, the newbies in the last game I played ended up being really good (and one was scum).

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Monkey is laying a whole bunch off seeds with little behind each one, sure this could just be typical early game light reads but they strike me as falling in the perfect area of each being just notable enough that if any are pursued down the line its been appropriately foreshadowed, but not so much that they cant be forgotten inconspicuously. feels calculated.

Maol opening with that town read on Feign but then rolling into proper discussion and a natural expansion in reads displayed an unnecessary generosity in cutting off a potential false trail to lead town down, and just felt engaged in solving rather than controlling when controlling the narrative would be very easy at this point given the games relative silence.
1. You could ask questions, you know, and try to actually push that to lock me in on things, or you could do something with a little seed behind it so that it's appropriately foreshadowed but since it's just feels, it can be inconspicuously forgotten. You and Ael here, I swear, was there like a big ass sale on projectors?

2. Counterpoint: Maol, who did have a good entrance (agreed on that) in fact did take over the discussion for a while, leading and developing strategy not just for him, but for others.
It's interesting both how you read that, and how selectively credit is bestowed when a few people have stepped around and did similar on cutting off trails.

There are a few particularly notable things in Maol's play. I have a theory, but Ima keep that one under my hat for a day-ish. But the rest are whatever, d1 reads, fine. Glad you're putting them out there but not sure how to take the disclaimer. Pretty early reads for you, I think. What did you think of Feign, who did dominate the conversation earlier? You had this
Also shout outs to Feign opening with something that got people immediately talking about the game rather than shitposting for about 34 hours.
i mean its not gonna stop me shitposting but hey its progress.
and the reference in your read on Maol, but neither actually make a statement. There's an implied read - will you finish it out? You had reads on the other top posters so I assume there's something?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm adding Neki to my good entrance list. I think Neki feels the most loose and natural of the new players. I would be disinclined to vote any today because new, but if I had to rank them, it would be:
Neki - organic, natural, just sort of kicking around
Zem - detecting a little more caution, maybe nerves; nerves can be NAI but it drops him from good entrance list. I approve of more players who gif tho.
Feign - clearly calculating; would still lean it town but there are ??? moments so curious to see how he plays and if all the talk of potentials and what-ifs is just a ploy

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all. I have read nothing.

Is the shit posting stage over or still going on?
I mean, many people have moved on (RIP) but there's plenty of room to shitpost.

I think I'm gonna go to bed tho. I'm gonna drop this first:
vote: Zippedpinhead
which is mostly just a 'you were driving, now what' vote.
Is it just me or is it odd to see so many people throwing down read lists this early on in a game
I meannnnnn i just said lol