nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Also the only person who I saw referring to Launch as coasting is nin who I think is coming off as pretty town, so I don't know what all this concern is about?

We have to latch onto SOMETHING though.

Currently on mobile, that could also indicate a drop in quality in my posts.

Will be back home soon and therefore get into the nitty gritty of some posts. Maybe I missed something with the players that are not as active

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it'd be best to rephrase the read, given even ATP didn't get it
Okay, what I meant was that ATP is someone who typically relies on other players to help solve the game. What I've seen from him has been reliance on Monkey specifically in the past, but also on others, to help solve the game. In the post I quoted, ATP was pointing out how town have completely relied on Monkey in the past, and that people should keep an eye on her. It's the pot calling the kettle black, in my opinion.

So, him openly admitting that he's going to rely on others today gives me some confidence that: 1) he does not care that he's contradicting himself (i.e. ATP is not concerned with others' perception of him), and 2) he is going to be doing what he's done in the past as town.

So do you feel like Chuggs is just makign things up to make you look bad?
No, he could also just be wrong. I haven't seen enough to make a judgement on Chugg yet.

@LaunchpadMcQ could you go into more detail on the town cred you gave me?
The jokey overconfidence of your post gave me a positive impression of you.

What exactly is not true about it? I'm pretty sure I told you straight up that I was concerned with you trying to pocket me in Mario Kart
What's not true is that they're the same thing. I was scum then, and I'm town now.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How come no1 is asking me, Raiden formally known as FateShirou, what we should do day 1

this level of DISRESPECT

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy some Launch related tinfoil as much as anyone, but do you really think he'd try and pull the exact same move twice?

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, what I meant was that ATP is someone who typically relies on other players to help solve the game. What I've seen from him has been reliance on Monkey specifically in the past, but also on others, to help solve the game. In the post I quoted, ATP was pointing out how town have completely relied on Monkey in the past, and that people should keep an eye on her. It's the pot calling the kettle black, in my opinion.

So, him openly admitting that he's going to rely on others today gives me some confidence that: 1) he does not care that he's contradicting himself (i.e. ATP is not concerned with others' perception of him), and 2) he is going to be doing what he's done in the past as town.

See this is completely different than how I read ATP's town game. I think he's a player who's pretty good at not just following where the town leads are pointing at.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
How come no1 is asking me, Raiden formally known as FateShirou, what we should do day 1

this level of DISRESPECT
I mean, I debated pinging you and HPSauce and Neki to try and get the FGO crew together in the hopes you'd all talk so I could internally overanalyse everything you all say, but I didn't get around to it yet and wasn't sure if you were at work.
So far you and HP are barely here. Neki is practically radiating sincerity though. It's kinda cute
767835390198808598.png

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
See this is completely different than how I read ATP's town game. I think he's a player who's pretty good at not just following where the town leads are pointing at.
So, to be clear and especially because I don't want ATP to take it the wrong way, I'm not saying that ATP does not have a head on his shoulders or does not follow his own lead when he sees something worth calling out. I am saying that ATP is a team player and relies on a team to really shine. I think EastEnders is a good example where ATP just didn't have that support, and EZA is a good example where he did. ATP is just openly acknowledging that, and I think that's a positive thing.

LaunchpadMcQ Did you stop reading East Enders after you died?
What? We were in that spec thread together! lol

Oct 25, 2017
So, to be clear and especially because I don't want ATP to take it the wrong way, I'm not saying that ATP does not have a head on his shoulders or does not follow his own lead when he sees something worth calling out. I am saying that ATP is a team player and relies on a team to really shine. I think EastEnders is a good example where ATP just didn't have that support, and EZA is a good example where he did. ATP is just openly acknowledging that, and I think that's a positive thing.

What? We were in that spec thread together! lol

See that's why this read worries me because it just feels like a lot of talking without saying anything. ATP doesn't do as well without support? Okay. That's just...the game in general.

I know, but there's a difference between reading and skimming, and I just wanted to make sure

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the post count, and the previous games
from my experiences, scum tend to lay low, ex malus and LP last game
so the following people need a wakeup call

Zipped
Jman(got his already)
LP (has zero posts since day start? )

Not sure what the odds are rolling scum 2 times in a row tho (with LP)

Oct 25, 2017

Zipped
Jman(got his already)

I would very much advise against trying to read someone based on "They can't have rolled scum again, right?" I had a streak of like 4 scum games in a row once.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

No, he could also just be wrong. I haven't seen enough to make a judgement on Chugg yet.

The jokey overconfidence of your post gave me a positive impression of you.

What's not true is that they're the same thing. I was scum then, and I'm town now.

So what I'm saying is pretty general and I didn't intend for any shade. Imo monkey is top shelf mafia player. So if she is town its good and it does allow players to just sort of follow her lead as I have done in the past.

But because of this if she is scum that seems like it is always going to be extremely dangerous. So I'm happy for other players to watch her closely. I dont think I would be able to discern scum monkey from town monkey.

So no intended shade at people that look to monkey to lead, I do it too. But there is always going to be a chance she is mafia so if nin finds her suspicious I'm happy for him and anyone else thst knows scum monkey to keep an eye on her.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Zipped
Jman(got his already)

Malus and LP are low posters even as town its not really a tell.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
See that's why this read worries me because it just feels like a lot of talking without saying anything. ATP doesn't do as well without support? Okay. That's just...the game in general.

I know, but there's a difference between reading and skimming, and I just wanted to make sure
So what I'm saying is pretty general and I didn't intend for any shade. Imo monkey is top shelf mafia player. So if she is town its good and it does allow players to just sort of follow her lead as I have done in the past.

But because of this if she is scum that seems like it is always going to be extremely dangerous. So I'm happy for other players to watch her closely. I dont think I would be able to discern scum monkey from town monkey.

So no intended shade at people that look to monkey to lead, I do it too. But there is always going to be a chance she is mafia so if nin finds her suspicious I'm happy for him and anyone else thst knows scum monkey to keep an eye on her.
I'm tagging Chugg too here, but I think I misread ATP's intent with that post. It did read like shade to me. I'll adjust my read on ATP back down to null.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Okay okay, my bad.

Let's start from scratch.

Who would you:

Kill
Vote out
Save
Want to hear more from

Pretty tough this early on..
Kill sparks, even if he's town he usually just makes it harder like he did in eastenders
Vote Chuggs is maybe where my vote go right now if I had to put a serious vote down
Save Maol, he seems to have died early the last few games I've played and if he's town he's solid
Hear more from Faddy, in eastenders he was a lot more vocal and taking the game by the scruff of the neck. I didn't particularly care for his approach at times, but he was town and doing his best to guide town towards what he thought was right

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Something we didnt do well in eastenders was set up a town core
considering this is a bastard game and its NATIDKO who set it up
there could be a bigger curveball than the one we faced in eastenders with flavour cops and bloodborne things

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kill sparks, even if he's town he usually just makes it harder like he did in eastenders
honestly as soon as we killed ephidel, it was downhill from there in eastenders
Hear more from Faddy, in eastenders he was a lot more vocal and taking the game by the scruff of the neck. I didn't particularly care for his approach at times, but he was town and doing his best to guide town towards what he thought was right
yeh
in eastenders he got on my throat quickly,
from what i read a scum faddy is that great?

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I can see where Launch's thought process is now, but the initial read was so weird to me that him changing it from town to null over what ATP said just fucking lost me.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
There are also a bunch of players i have little to no experience playing with (aside from the new people) kopite, skyodin, ty4on, kalor and Kenny.

So they are all big blind spots for me, I bring this up because I'm suddenly aware my answers to nins questions are all people that have been around or I've played with multiple times and these other players are gonna be more likely to slip under my radar

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
honestly as soon as we killed ephidel, it was downhill from there in eastenders

yeh
in eastenders he got on my throat quickly,
from what i read a scum faddy is that great?

It wasn't that quick. I was all over Launch on day 1. And the main reason I didn't get votes on day 1 was because I won the landlord vote.

I am still looking for BAD POSTS today.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
So this:

I don't think you are necessarily over reacting. I've not encountered monkey scum but I have seen town completely rely on her. I'm happy for people to keep an eye on her.

Equals town

But this:

Is null?

I'm not sure I understand the thought process in your reads LaunchpadMcQ

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Like if anyone wants somewhere to start as ascum rea then Fanto feels quite scummy.

In think they have been a little defensive and they have been asking a lot of questions.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Yo its 4 am and my brain is out the fukin window whad up yalllllllll
i read that as "make a judgement cut on Chuggs" and thought it was a DMC thing.
my disappointment is immeasurable

this level of DISRESPECT
Oh shit thanks for reminding me!

wonderful Ephidel what should we do on this here day 1?

We have to latch onto SOMETHING though.

Currently on mobile, that could also indicate a drop in quality in my posts.

Will be back home soon and therefore get into the nitty gritty of some posts. Maybe I missed something with the players that are not as active
Nin you are impressive today, really out here putin in the work and taking everyones number.

Yall im pretty certain nin is scum.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Like if anyone wants somewhere to start as ascum rea then Fanto feels quite scummy.
the only reason im readng that as a non-vote day 1 is because of their claim that their arnt good scum players, and the level of participation
I thought they posted well in day 1 and give reads on you for one, well mostly talking about a scum faddy, gave a read on me and ATP as we both were metored by them and a read on zeke, whihc is probably null

the whole stan-monkey thing went over my head

Great, who sticks out to you the most, and why?
can u answer this as well?

Oct 25, 2017
So this:

Equals town

But this:

Is null?

I'm not sure I understand the thought process in your reads LaunchpadMcQ

He thought you were throwing shade at people scum reading Monkey and was town reading you for that because he thought you were showing big "I don't care" energy. Then you said you weren't throwing shade so he's not town reading you anymore. If you think that's confusing, flimsy, and hard to follow, then I agree! But I think that was the idea of the posts

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
whats a scum launch like?

I said in Eastenders I am not actually that good at reading launch but as a neutral he was pretty evasive and only responding to parts of arguments that suited him. Although I suppose everyone does that.

Who is sticking out to me?

Chuggs is the obvious person that I think is town. He is trying to read people and push the game.
nin sticks out a little. More or less what Stan said in his post on nin. He is doing a lot. More than he usually does in games. I know it is role madness but it feels to me like he got a good role.
And Feign with the light role claim early on.

Scummy. Neither fanto or monkey struck me as immediately town. I think maol has been a bit sus in his posts. If you read them they are all a bit constrained to me.

i liked your opening of voting for sawneeks. Similar to Aeleus being loose as town.

Oct 25, 2017
typically tries to blend in more and tries to appear helpful and solving.

first impressions does not make me think this is a scum Launch here

Yeah, I've been having some conflicting feelings about it because Launch's town game can get a bit wacky pack mode at times, but his entrance feels like he was trying to blend and just messed up, so I don't know. Need to think on it a bit.

Oct 25, 2017
Like I could see a world where that first big ol' post of reads was Launch's attempt to blend, before tipping his hand by mistake on the ATP read, but I'm not going to pretend I'm confident about this being the case

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry guys game started just after my bedtime and I've been busy at work pretty much since I got up. I have read through the thread though and some quick thoughts:

- Feign wouldn't come out blasting like that if he's scum
- Aeleus has also been pretty bold, the last time I remember them doing that it was towards me when I was scum, so they're a town lean for me
- Stan sounds townie too, but I'm always a bit scared of accusing him of being scummy lol
- I'm always afraid of Launch but that's the PTSD talking

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I've been having some conflicting feelings about it because Launch's town game can get a bit wacky pack mode at times, but his entrance feels like he was trying to blend and just messed up, so I don't know. Need to think on it a bit.
Scum Launch wouldn't mess up his entrance from what I've seen. this feels more like a busy town Launch who fired off some thoughts without fully processing them. remains to be seen if that persists tho, wonder what the rest of the roster thinks about him.