nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry guys game started just after my bedtime and I've been busy at work pretty much since I got up. I have read through the thread though and some quick thoughts:

- Feign wouldn't come out blasting like that if he's scum

Have you played with him proir to this game? If yes, would you explain this take of yours further ?

- Aeleus has also been pretty bold, the last time I remember them doing that it was towards me when I was scum, so they're a town lean for me

Can you give examples of what you deem to consider "Bold"?

- Stan sounds townie too, but I'm always a bit scared of accusing him of being scummy lol

what examples can you give us that you consider Stan townish?

- I'm always afraid of Launch but that's the PTSD talking

examples please

Oct 25, 2017
Scum Launch wouldn't mess up his entrance from what I've seen. this feels more like a busy town Launch who fired off some thoughts without fully processing them. remains to be seen if that persists tho, wonder what the rest of the roster thinks about him.

I keep coming back to his Mario Kart thing where I think he did bitch the entrance a bit, but I remember looking at that scum chat and he based those reads off of how he was reading the game as town before he replaced in, so maybe he is just town.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Okay, sleep done, work done, time to dig in.

nin Hi
813173962930520095.png

I don't know you yet, but I'm just going to say that as you seem to be taking on the role of player-wrangler in this game I'd appreciate the occasional prod myself. I really struggle to get myself to commit to actually putting thoughts down and maybe a little added pressure in the form of an answer being expected of me might actually help me work on overcoming that.

Hi
813173962930520095.png

Since we are now talking i shall ask you the same as my other good friends.

Who would you vote out today ?

who would you be willing to kill of if possible?

Who would you save ?

and lastly who would you like to hear more from?

Let start with this ice breaker :)

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Just ramble about what you think they all said ill listen
I GUESS I'M GONNA

couple things:
Someone pointed out jman's absence (Ael? Ael) and after I did this in a previous game (Knives Out? I think?) jman commented that he usually stays out but reading for 18ish hours of d1, so that's standard and NAI but it also means jman's entrance to me right now is a complete null.

Fate mentioned towncore and I think if nothing else Among Us for sure indicated the need for one. I don't know how others want to approach it but my thinking in a game of this size, it might be nice if we had our "I'm not voting here, probably" lists daily? Then we're not locking in within a bastard game and have already presumed flexibility and evolution but are also still trying to find town - and it gives people incentive to show towniness, which I think is the real lesson of that game.

Here so far a lot of people are leaning in and putting in d1 work, which is a nice change, so it should be easy to find the people we believe/trust right now and narrow to a pretty solid PoE.

I dunno, that's where I'm at, at least.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I GUESS I'M GONNA

couple things:
Someone pointed out jman's absence (Ael? Ael) and after I did this in a previous game (Knives Out? I think?) jman commented that he usually stays out but reading for 18ish hours of d1, so that's standard and NAI but it also means jman's entrance to me right now is a complete null.

Fate mentioned towncore and I think if nothing else Among Us for sure indicated the need for one. I don't know how others want to approach it but my thinking in a game of this size, it might be nice if we had our "I'm not voting here, probably" lists daily? Then we're not locking in within a bastard game and have already presumed flexibility and evolution but are also still trying to find town - and it gives people incentive to show towniness, which I think is the real lesson of that game.

Here so far a lot of people are leaning in and putting in d1 work, which is a nice change, so it should be easy to find the people we believe/trust right now and narrow to a pretty solid PoE.

I dunno, that's where I'm at, at least.
Uh huh uh huh, and how does that make you feel?

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Have you played with him proir to this game? If yes, would you explain this take of yours further ?
No but there's no reason to draw attention to yourself and turn the game 'serious' that early if you're scum, you'd be too afraid to IMO. You only do it if your determined to gamesolve or bored town

Can you give examples of what you deem to consider "Bold"?
These posts going after Monkey
Something about Monkey's entrance feels off, regardless of alignment it looks like feign will have some culture shock.

I plan to read every post and carry this game for town.
I'll be sure to, for now keep talking, you're only digging your own grave.

I think you should reread my post, I didn't say anything about Feign's alignment.

what examples can you give us that you consider Stan townish?
Stan shooting off at people accusing him of being scummy in his way

I don't have any examples here, Launch has won next to every game I've played with them as Scum, the last one being Risk where I completely believed in them and even tried to save them a couple of times so I don't think I can ever trust them fully and will be to see them 'resolved' before lategame

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Continued: working toward my list.

There are people I consistently read incorrectly and so I am choosing to just... not scumread them today unless something completely egregious happens. They are (roster order): Ty, Kalor, Kenny, Faddy
I want to put Kopite here but I'm not sure if I read him incorrectly or if he's just quiet and I have to wait for him to tell, so he's liminal space between these two lists. I'm also tempted to put Ael here. I don't think I'd vote them today regardless tho.

There are people who become very clear quickly who I'm not worried about today (we discussed some of these already) (also roster order): Zeke, jman, Ephi*, LP
*Ephi is newer so maybe I'm wrong but she has shined pretty strongly in midgame so I feel okay there.

I have some hesitations here already but I'd rather skew toward understanding my tendency to assume some people are scummy than vote out someone because I don't vibe with them.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
just some early thoughts from me

man - very different game from him from what I've seen in the past, usually right in the thick of things, usually close to being modkilled. This time has just said hello and gone back to lurking.

nin - another that I haven't noticed playing this "seriously" before, usually some memes / photoshops (which I do appreciate) but has instantly gone into game solving mode. I did not like Faddy saying this is probably because he has a good role, puts a target on his back for the night kill with that if scum think similarly.

stantastic - usually someone that doesn't post much or is tough for town to work with but seems to be trying to solve and/or get involved early on

launchpad - I agree with some others that his entrance was clumsy with the quick walk back on ATP

Feign - probably the most town feeling player so far for me, bit of a wildcard I think but could be fun

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just a list of people, any questions @ me
too many people to go through right now

1. Confused
- Nin
- Stan
- Launch
- ATP
- Sparks
- Chugg

2. Would not vote them out
- neki
- ephidel
- Faddy
- Aels ( need more info)
- Fanto
- Mao
- Monkey

3. Need more information
- Zipped,
- Jman,
- Stu,
- Sky,
- HP,
- Zeke
- kalor
- zem
- AWT

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
These posts going after Monkey
how is this bold? Every game I'm in someone (or several) does this thing where "monkey feels off" and then I am in contention back and forth but don't actually get voted out and then I have to endgame and fight to get out of those early reads, again, forever

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Zem, monkey
whats ur read on me
just some early thoughts from me

man - very different game from him from what I've seen in the past, usually right in the thick of things, usually close to being modkilled. This time has just said hello and gone back to lurking.

nin - another that I haven't noticed playing this "seriously" before, usually some memes / photoshops (which I do appreciate) but has instantly gone into game solving mode. I did not like Faddy saying this is probably because he has a good role, puts a target on his back for the night kill with that if scum think similarly.

stantastic - usually someone that doesn't post much or is tough for town to work with but seems to be trying to solve and/or get involved early on

launchpad - I agree with some others that his entrance was clumsy with the quick walk back on ATP

Feign - probably the most town feeling player so far for me, bit of a wildcard I think but could be fun
thank you for this

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a SPICY TAKE for you, friends:

I thought Ambulance had a good entrance and he immediately dropped to a low null for me and I haven't felt that way about him ever.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
in an effort to work with Monkey, this is the list of people I'm willing to vote out today at this point. If you're not on this list, you're safe until D2 at least. (this does not mean I don't scum read you)

Zeke
Zipped
Sky
Kopite
Kalor
Ty4on
Fate

this is mostly based on not meeting my expectations of their usual levels of engagement and also wanting to see how the rest of the roster responds to them potentially being on the chopping block.

Vote: Kalor

Oct 26, 2017
UK
in an effort to work with Monkey, this is the list of people I'm willing to vote out today at this point. If you're not on this list, you're safe until D2 at least. (this does not mean I don't scum read you)

Zeke
Zipped
Sky
Kopite
Kalor
Ty4on
Fate

this is mostly based on not meeting my expectations of their usual levels of engagement and also wanting to see how the rest of the roster responds to them potentially being on the chopping block.

I would be okay with any of them going today.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Zeke
Zipped
Sky
Kopite
Kalor
Ty4on
Fate

I like how there are pople there with 1-2 posts lol

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Hi Everyone, Yesterday was a tough drive through some storms with a full load of kids, So I appreciate the extra day. I see everything has exploded in content.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You seem more comfortable jumping in, but I am still getting used to you so I don't know what that means yet.

So I don't have one yet. Null, but wouldn't knife you in the face at this time.
from my experiences playing eastenders
if i dont put myself out there and get through the initial surface reads, i will just end up being lynched mid-game which isnt productive for town