Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Morning, fishies. (He says at 5 pm)

I just woke up. I have to get ready for the date with my boyfriend so I'll be catching up later.

I'll leave you with this: I'm a vigilante in name but my kills aren't guaranteed to be who I target. That's the reason I don't want a train on who I'm voting. I have to notify natiko if I want my vote to be active, and once it is I can't change it. I can however defuse it. I say bloodbath because there is a passive attached to my power if activated.

Maybe it doesn't happen, but I'm an open power role with killing potential that could work with a cop without being roleblocked, so why wouldn't mafia want to target me? :)

If they want to protect themselves, they could always just, idk, roleblock me to be safe, although that doesn't stop my day kills. It just means you have to use two actions to safely kill me. You know you want to. <3

Bye!

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure it's worth going after anyone for their position on Sparks. I would like to see Ty4one get some thoughts on other players down at some point tho. Otherwise I'm not against voting there closer to EoD.

Oct 25, 2017
The bigger picture of me. I picked Sparks because it was something that caught my attention, but you're treating it as if it's a grand conspiracy I laid out.

No I don't think it's a grand conspiracy, I think you're scum that's not putting in much work. What have you brought so far? You're trying to avoid a trap kill, and that's fair. I try to do that too, but there's legit nothing else here. You keep shifting the conversation away from the rest of the game to focus on Sparks for some reason, and you're picking and choosing which parts of my post to respond to.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017

I just woke up. I have to get ready for the date with my boyfriend so I'll be catching up later.

I'll leave you with this: I'm a vigilante in name but my kills aren't guaranteed to be who I target. That's the reason I don't want a train on who I'm voting. I have to notify natiko if I want my vote to be active, and once it is I can't change it. I can however defuse it. I say bloodbath because there is a passive attached to my power if activated.

Maybe it doesn't happen, but I'm an open power role with killing potential that could work with a cop without being roleblocked, so why wouldn't mafia want to target me? :)

If they want to protect themselves, they could always just, idk, roleblock me to be safe, although that doesn't stop my day kills. It just means you have to use two actions to safely kill me. You know you want to. <3

Bye!
unlimited number of potential kills?

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
No I don't think it's a grand conspiracy, I think you're scum that's not putting in much work. What have you brought so far? You're trying to avoid a trap kill, and that's fair. I try to do that too, but there's legit nothing else here. You keep shifting the conversation away from the rest of the game to focus on Sparks for some reason, and you're picking and choosing which parts of my post to respond to.
Keep shifting? I've been talking for a very short amount of time.

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure it's worth going after anyone for their position on Sparks. I would like to see Ty4one get some thoughts on other players down at some point tho. Otherwise I'm not against voting there closer to EoD.

Yeah, the Sparks stuff isn't the primary reason I have the bad vibes there. Day 1 town reads are whatever. It's more the constant shifting of the conversation back to Sparks that's making me concerned.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
-No I don't think it's a grand conspiracy, I think you're scum that's not putting in much work.
Inactive
-What have you brought so far?
Inactive
-You're trying to avoid a trap kill, and that's fair.
I'm not sure what this means, I guess lunchbait.
-I try to do that too, but there's legit nothing else here.
You haven't told me that until now
-You keep shifting the conversation away from the rest of the game to focus on Sparks for some reason,
Answered
-and you're picking and choosing which parts of my post to respond to.
Happy?
[/QUOTE]

Oct 25, 2017
Keep shifting? I've been talking for a very short amount of time.

Yes and this is how many times it happened.

Okay, and now you're up there with him. How do you feel about that? Do you have any thoughts on who might be scum?
His play is also a bit different than normal and looks more pro-town so I wondered if that had an effect. Like has scum Sparks been seen trying harder to look good.

Sparks feels very relaxed replying to me so I'm not getting any scum reads from there.
Okay, but what do you think about having votes on you? Who do you think is scum?
I don't think that's particularly strange.

I thought there would be more, but I guess people forget about those they can't see.
I dunno who is scum, but if Sparks is town that's a very easy vote for scum to make.
Is that really the only place you're looking right now?

That's two separate times I asked about the rest of the game only for you to go back to Sparks and here's a bonus third question from me that you just skipped over completely

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
That's two separate times I asked about the rest of the game only for you to go back to Sparks and here's a bonus third question from me that you just skipped over completely
I don't have any reads on the rest of the game, I'm not caught up. I don't think anybody's scum right now, I'm thoroughly in the early sorting phase.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Yes and this is how many times it happened.

Just from what I read to now, there were a few people who were suspecting you because your posts were very mild. Now suddenly you seem to be pushing very hard.

Do you normally shift your playstyle so hard when people suspect you or is it only when you're scum?

Oct 25, 2017
Just from what I read to now, there were a few people who were suspecting you because your posts were very mild. Now suddenly you seem to be pushing very hard.

Do you normally shift your playstyle so hard when people suspect you or is it only when you're scum?

I do it when I have a read I think is solid and to get a better grasp on players. I did not have a solid read in the first couple of hours of the game.

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to say didn't you get a town read on Ambulance super early in Eastenders but then I remembered you were scum and busy pocketing people.

He was like super fucking town in Eastenders though. Probably would have made that read even if I was town. Him mixing shit up is something that tracks for me though personally. Willing to leave him alone for now

Oct 25, 2017
Also I do not turn up on demand, but don't scum read me for being too mild and then continue to do so when I turn up the heat a bit. I am not here for it and I will not humor it.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
This is a scummy as hell post. It makes me think you're scum and this is for WIFOM purposes if you flip. Do not like. There's no reasoning. Just a list.
who cares. townies can make lists with no reason attached to them, it's not an alignment tell to throw out a list of people in a game this big that you don't want to vote for on D1. players need to get a list of 27 down to like 5 or so people with basically no real information.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
who cares. townies can make lists with no reason attached to them, it's not an alignment tell to throw out a list of people in a game this big that you don't want to vote for on D1. players need to get a list of 27 down to like 5 or so people with basically no real information.

This post literally says nothing lmao. If we're going off nothing than why is it a problem if I care how that post came off? It's all fair game, so why defend this particular post? It absolutely can be an alignment tell and has been in games I've played. Stop posting fluff.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
This post literally says nothing lmao. If we're going off nothing than why is it a problem if I care how that post came off? It's all fair game, so why defend this particular post? It absolutely can be an alignment tell and has been in games I've played. Stop posting fluff.
I'm defending it because I'm the one who asked for the lists.

games you've played does not equal this game in particular

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Fair, I have like a combined 10 pages I haven't caught up on. Why wouldn't Maol mention that, though?

Fate mentioned towncore and I think if nothing else Among Us for sure indicated the need for one. I don't know how others want to approach it but my thinking in a game of this size, it might be nice if we had our "I'm not voting here, probably" lists daily? Then we're not locking in within a bastard game and have already presumed flexibility and evolution but are also still trying to find town - and it gives people incentive to show towniness, which I think is the real lesson of that game.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
Eastenders because of the theme and Among Us because of Blarg and you getting done over by scum, that was pretty entertaining!

I'll admit it, it probably was pretty entertaining XD

The new theme of the mafia thread should be this:

0dMSRvs.png

Love it!

Bye!

Why did you decide to reveal all this info publicly so early?

This is a scummy as hell post. It makes me think you're scum and this is for WIFOM purposes if you flip. Do not like. There's no reasoning. Just a list.

Dr. Monkey said earlier that she was encouraging town to make a list of who they wouldn't vote out. A few other people made town lists, or town/scum lists that were just names. I know I did, and I remember seeing others as well. So why jump on this post in particular?

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ok
lets go through the low posters

LP
4 posts, 2 of them state they are reading the thread

Kopite
Challenged Jman on their stan vote, and unvote
feign, stan and ael = town, sus on launch

Zipped
nothing besides post count?
seems pretty lackluster from what i remember of them from FGO

Zeke
lots of tuffleshuffles, expected of day 1
a hard post on maol (i feel its a tpyical maol-zeke interaction? maybe zeke was a bit too defensive)

Kalor
gave solid reads (post #671)
says maol leans too much into meta, and throws a compliment to monkey

Skyodin
townread on Feign
calls out stu

Honestly LP and zipped havnt done much? Zeke and Sky have one good post? Kopite went after jman, seeing if they return and finish it, Kalor made some good posts

I really dont want us to go into tomorrow without an clear idea of where our votes should go, last minute voting isnt good for anyone

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty common in this community and would say it's NAI.

But lots of people have given these lists so far. Why did you dislike ATP's in particular? Others were also sans detail. Is there something else?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit, I hate it when I ask a question that was already asked because I didn't finish.

Feign's role claim is a big ???? for me. I'm not sure why you're baiting scum so blatantly. I'd say you're already in the top tier of everyone's townreads, so you already get a target. Why add on?

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
I'll admit it, it probably was pretty entertaining XD

Love it!

Why did you decide to reveal all this info publicly so early?

Dr. Monkey said earlier that she was encouraging town to make a list of who they wouldn't vote out. A few other people made town lists, or town/scum lists that were just names. I know I did, and I remember seeing others as well. So why jump on this post in particular?

There are certain roles in particular I don't find beneficial to town and vig is one of them more often than not it fucks up a game for town. There's a reason VT is my preferred role. I mean there's the other reason I claimed, but that's not a town concern.

I already answered your other question. Read the thread ;)

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Y'all are making me so late for my date. This is why I stopped playing mafia.

Also Maol's "just because it happened in that game doesn't mean it's this game" is more very basic fluff that says nothing. Real, "you know there's no I in team" vibes.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
There are certain roles in particular I don't find beneficial to town and vig is one of them more often than not it fucks up a game for town. There's a reason VT is my preferred role. I mean there's the other reason I claimed, but that's not a town concern.

Do you mean this post?

This doesn't answer my question :-)

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017

You played with some bad vigs then.

Y'all are making me so late for my date. This is why I stopped playing mafia.

Also Maol's "just because it happened in that game doesn't mean it's this game" is more very basic fluff that says nothing. Real, "you know there's no I in team" vibes.
Your posts here aren't exactly god's gifts to mafia either buddy

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Lot of people hiding behind the "oh, it's d1." I don't think this is anything like a typical d1. Lots of interactions, actual things going on, but not a ton of votes. Why? And why are the quiet d1 people even sitting this one out?

Don't love Ty's slide to defensive in that conversation. But not super sure I want to vote with Chuggs. Chuggs + Ambulance on a vote for Ty is interesting: at least there's unlikely to be any teams across that trio so there's that.