Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
VOTE: Kenny

Kenny isn't even making the "here's what I think about the low posters so far" lists so this is a vote to remind us he's playing.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather vote for low engagement posters or posters of no substance over Feign despite his outrageous claims though.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Some people had a good entrance but dropped a little in my estimation, but here's my "nah not gonna vote there" set for now:

Fanto
Neki
Zem
Ephi
Ael
Sparks

Lower tier here, like in the space between "null" and "nah"
Maol
ATP

People I don't want to vote today because they tend to need some time to marinate:
Zeke, Faddy, Kalor, Kenny, jman, LP
Ty was here^^but I don't feel great about that. I don't feel great about any of them, but I feel less great about those. Probably the next one I would drop down would be Kenny, at least for now.

People who are more likely town but who are pinging me anyway
Chuggs
Feign
Stan
Ambulance

nin I can't get a grip on. That's a lot of posts. It's a very jagged presence. Engaged but... I don't know. nin should rightly be in the ??? category for me but like Ty, I don't feel great putting him there.

Anyone not listed is a big question mark for me and a possible consideration.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
you can say serial killer. same idea came to my mind

Okay yeah, fuck it. Let's talk about this. It's not a gun, it's a bomb and it targets a random person from the people who are on the vote with him as well as the person he's voting for. The defuse thing is a way to avoid people suspecting him if he needs it, but he doesn't get a target if he does that. He's sidestepping that by just claiming and trying to come across as pro-town. He probably has a mechanic to kill whoever targets him at night, which gets scum off his back, but if they do target him he gets town cred as well as another kill on whatever counter he has to get to.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Okay yeah, fuck it. Let's talk about this. It's not a gun, it's a bomb and it targets a random person from the people who are on the vote with him as well as the person he's voting for. The defuse thing is a way to avoid people suspecting him if he needs it, but he doesn't get a target if he does that. He's sidestepping that by just claiming and trying to come across as pro-town. He probably has a mechanic to kill whoever targets him at night, which gets scum off his back, but if they do target him he gets town cred as well as another kill on whatever counter he has to get to.

This does sound like Fatman.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
This is an idea. But yeah, I don't think he has a gun, and I don't think he can vote for someone that doesn't have any votes on them and still kill them.

And inviting scum to kill him definitely makes me think he can avoid a NK either by killing whoever targets him, or blowing up and taking someone with him.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone not listed is a big question mark for me and a possible consideration.
Me not listed
588836121035800591.png

Oct 25, 2017
This is an idea. But yeah, I don't think he has a gun, and I don't think he can vote for someone that doesn't have any votes on them and still kill them.

And inviting scum to kill him definitely makes me think he can avoid a NK either by killing whoever targets him, or blowing up and taking someone with him.

Yeah we should probably kill him. If we decide not to for whatever reason I would strongly advise town PR's to avoid visiting him.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
I don't think it's actually a "Vig" in the traditional sense as much as he's trying to play it off that way.

I mean

I'm a vigilante in name but my kills aren't guaranteed to be who I target. That's the reason I don't want a train on who I'm voting.

When have I been playing? I don't consider myself a vigilante, but that's the title I was given.

I like that you're trying to shift to me being neutral, though. I've been waiting for someone to start that train. Carry on. :)

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I'll just reiterate, people should still post who they wouldn't vote for regardless on how this goes with Feign.

Oct 25, 2017
Yep but I dunno, he's been pretty forthcoming with how his role works which is what still makes me think he's town. If he's not possible to investigate then that causes a big issue though.

Yeah, that's the point. Look at how much town cred he got from playing it how he did at first. The hope was by the time we wised up he would already have all the kills he needed.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
So best case scenario Feige is a serial killer / solo role that isn't aligned with town and worst case scenario is he is a town-aligned vigilante or townie?

The whole role reveal on D1 is just wacky though.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
I dont think feign is a serial killer but I have suspected him being neutral since his opening post.

Would love to see the questions I asked answered when he finishes his date.

Oct 25, 2017
Just hard to say if he'd construct such a grand scheme. Because that's a lot.

Yeah, it kind of gave me a hard time too. Honestly was just going to write it off and let him do him, but I went back and looked at the claim to try to figure out what exactly he was doing and had a "Wait this doesn't sound town at all" moment

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Yeah, that's the point. Look at how much town cred he got from playing it how he did at first. The hope was by the time we wised up he would already have all the kills he needed.

If he needs a certain amount of kills then surely his best bet is keeping quiet and joining the biggest vote trains to hide in though?

If that's indeed how his role works.

Oct 25, 2017
If he needs a certain amount of kills then surely his best bet is keeping quiet and joining the biggest vote trains to hide in though?

If that's indeed how his role works.

Sure, but with that he has to possibility of being town read and killed. This way he gets to chill with town cred and bait out some people doing night actions with whatever the fuck happens when you target him

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Just hard to say if he'd construct such a grand scheme. Because that's a lot.
not too grand a scheme. role claim was cooked up and rolled out pretty fast.

It'd either work or it wouldn't. I just don't want it to be a thing that gets brought up again and again as the game goes on, so if we want to deal with it, the sooner the better

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I'm done catching up. That... Hmm, took a while.

This is the busiest D1 I've seen. Lots of discussions seemed to pop up really early and out of nowhere, which I have a hunch is scum activity. Town doesn't have a plan D1, they just get into the thread all happy because it's a new game and maybe they try some reads but nothing serious because they know there isn't much to analyze and that's okay. So I'm keeping an eye on some players i felt were wordy very early, like Monkey, nin, Feign, Launch/Haw.

Also caught my attention Dr. Monkey and TheChuggernaut town reading Ambulance a few hours in after he posted basically nothing. Ambulance is an easy town read to fake, easy place for scum to go.

nin Is feeling scummy to me, lots of discussions and reads that went nowhere, seems eager to show he is contributing but doesn't feel cohesive with what he's chasing. Also is very different from his town game I've seen. Wouldn't mind voting today.

Feign is hard to sort into an alignment right now because his play is very bold, and players like that have to be very consistent being scum or town or else they will be too easy to read. I do not understand why he's so eager to claim halfway through D1. Why do you think sharing that information now is beneficial to town, Feign? What I know is that i wouldn't vote on him today, we will have info on him anyway if he's kept alive, so we should go somewhere else.

AllThingsPurple felt very genuine when he said he can't contribute much because it's D1. Not just genuine, but reasonable, especially in contrast to a bunch of players coming up with elaborate reads out of nowhere. Leaning town.

Launch / Hawthorn i was feeling scummy, he brought some intricate reads and stumbled a lot to justify them, but as he asked for a replacement specifically because of that, i will clean the slate and read null for now.

A Wild Ambulance Appears seems a bit uptight, as I think he would be when playing scum. Might be just because he doesn't know how to contribute though.

Aeleus and Faddy feel town to me, they have been giving good contributions that don't seem like they're worried about showing they're participating.

Ty4on is looking very scummy to me, town!ty in my experience would have been more engaged in scum hunting at this point, but instead his participation went from 0 to getting defensive. Plus town reading Sparks at this point is... Unusual. Another possible vote today.

And I think that's all for now.

Hi, Haw! Always a pleasure playing with you :) you aren't scum, are you??

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
I'm a little befuddled by the Feign role claim. I'm struggling to see the rationale of pulling that role claim as a neutral. He was already in a pretty good spot, so to me it just seems like bringing a whole bunch of heat down upon yourself for no reason.

Oct 25, 2017
Like think about this. He can vote once per day and defuse it if he's not feeling it. He's also got some night protection supposedly so scum might not be able to kill him. No warning to town PR's if they accidentally target him. I guess it could be a situation where only kills activate whatever he has, but then the hell is he trying to bait a role block/kill for? Why wouldn't you just vote near EoD and defuse yourself if you're really worried about accidentally blowing someone up you shouldn't while keeping quite. That's what I would expect the optimal play to be if you were town. How he's playing reads like he's not going for optimal, he's going for a body count.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
in an effort to work with Monkey, this is the list of people I'm willing to vote out today at this point. If you're not on this list, you're safe until D2 at least. (this does not mean I don't scum read you)

Zeke
Zipped
Sky
Kopite
Kalor
Ty4on
Fate

this is mostly based on not meeting my expectations of their usual levels of engagement and also wanting to see how the rest of the roster responds to them potentially being on the chopping block.

Vote: Kalor
Uuugghh, I can't blame you for this take, but I am currently still trying to play catch-up in this thread right now. My internet was down for a good chunk of today, I got distracted by other stuff, and I am still reading stuff people posted this morning. I still have six or seven pages to go before I'm caught up.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Leo, did you note how the reads on Ambulance developed from that early position?

I did and I agree with the recent reads, I think he's a little off. I'm not sure if he's tense or just doesn't know how to contribute yet, though.

But I still feel the first town reads on him were forced.

Here and here:

I'd probably throw Jman, Ambulance, and ATP on the not really worried about list. Feel like they're usually pretty obvious as far as alignment goes.

You always come out with that big townie energy

Very early, when he had exactly one post about the game (briefly talking about Feign) and nothing else but fluff.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
And I apparently need to catch up to Feign's claim to find out what the heck everyone is taljing about right now.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Like think about this. He can vote once per day and defuse it if he's not feeling it. He's also got some night protection supposedly so scum might not be able to kill him. No warning to town PR's if they accidentally target him. I guess it could be a situation where only kills activate whatever he has, but then the hell is he trying to bait a role block/kill for? Why wouldn't you just vote near EoD and defuse yourself if you're really worried about accidentally blowing someone up you shouldn't while keeping quite. That's what I would expect the optimal play to be if you were town. How he's playing reads like he's not going for optimal, he's going for a body count.
tbf a big character reveal that leave the audience confused by a large amount of contradictory details is very metal gear.

Because stan forgot to make his avatar until after the game started.
Stan has felt fake.

But he forgot to make a avatar which made me change my mind.
I get the logic that eventually came out of this, but still what the hell lol.

Welcome to Mafiera please stay forever.
Fanto

🤔

nin

has provided with good enough analysis of the situation at hand but still hmm and hawwing at him rn NAI rn

I'd ping stan but it's almost 11: 30 in the bleedin morning the man needs coffee and dark magicks he does to get through the day
i appreciate the restraint but why would you want to ping me?

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, finally able to sit down and play today. Been reading along for the most part, so here's a few quick things that caught my attention.

First of all, welcome to all of our replacements! I hope everything is going well for those who had to step away.

Most recently regarding Feign, like most of you I originally Town read him based off of his early play, but with this role claim I'm really not sure. It sounds like a bit much, especially if there's also some sort of night action, too. The play just feels wrong though if he's a neutral, so I'm really not sure what to make of it.

Speaking of feeling wrong, there's something about the Ty4on/Chuggernaut back and forth that feels off to me. I wouldn't go so far as to say it was manufactured, but it felt like it escalated pretty quickly.

Sparks is feeling pretty good to me so far, but I can understand other people's reticence at keeping him around for the later portion of the game.

Jman has been a lot more quiet than I'm used to seeing, but when he was here I didn't get a scum vibe from him or his quick vote/unvote explanation.

And if there was anything else I noticed, it's faded from my mind, so it probably wasn't that important or noteworthy, lol.