Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh and Ofc Monkey. She makes posts but they dont really have any weight. I mean i read 900 words from her but at the end of the day it was 50 words of content filled into those papers. NOt my cup of tea but not enough to scream OMG its SCUM. More like. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Interesting. But not interesting enough to bother. I hope you know what i mean, coffee is starting to kick in.
oh yeah boy those long posts, I never do that, nope

Once again: are you planning to talk TO me or just AROUND me?
i am not since i you had your reasons why you did not respond to it so i will not be the person who pushes for an answer ( not today )

I agree with you thought that i might come off as torn and cocky at the same time.
Can you follow up on the last part please i did not really get it.
I am. In posts you're responding to. I know when you're mafia you wanna look at things in pieces but let's pull back and not take these like they're separate. :P

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
We should all be baiting feign.

This is a specific question for a reason

I need him to answer my flavor questions because it might be possible for me to clear him of some suspicion or confirm he is suspicious based on what his exact role is.

Feign gonna ask again

1. give us your role name.

2. What is the name of the command you enter that can kill people?
How on earth are you going to clear someone based on flavor on d1 in a bastard game, jman?

I don't scum read this^^ but I think it's anti-town to the extreme.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
All right, the truth then. You're right about one thing Ty4on, I do have thoughts and need votes, wanna know why?

"I have a dream"

That one day every player in this game will control their own destiny, a game of the TRULY free dammit, a game of ACTIONS not words. Won by STRENGTH not commitee. Where the read changes to suit the individual, not the other way around. Where votes and elimination are back where they belong: in the hands of the people! Where every person is free to think --to post-- for themself!

Fuck all these limp-dick town leaders and chick-shit coasters. Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of shitposts and shade. Fuck "being in a tunnel" Fuck pointless ISOs. Fuck all of it!

This community is diseased. Rotten to the core. There's no saving it, we need to pull it out by it's roots. Wipe the slate clean. BURN IT DOWN! And from the ashes a new MafiERA will be born. Evolved, but untamed! The weak will be voted, and the strong will thrive, free to post as they see fit, they'll make this community great again!

In case you still don't get it, I'm using a vote on Sparks to get him eliminated... so I can end talking about Sparks as a distraction!

In my new MafiERA, people will die and vote for what they BELIEVE! Not for town reads. Not for the fear of standing out! Not for what they're told is right. Every person will be free to fight their own wars!
Let me interrupt my nin grilling to

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so Jman did his thing and is probably town. Don't see scum letting a bomb defuser stick around for too long so that'll probably resolve itself.

I feel like we've gone from letting Feign skate by on a claim to letting Feign skate by on flavor and I'm not a big fan of taking his word on that, because that can be faked and even if it's not we have no idea how Nat set this flavor up. Kind of coming around of just letting him do his thing today and seeing where we're at with him tomorrow though.

Monkey's questioning of nin here is interesting. Bringing up some stuff I did not catch. Looking forward to see what shakes out there.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
3. I absolutely will not survive a scum kill. The problem is anyone that targets me at night will die if my daykill powers were active. It would be easy enough for me to hide that if I joined a train and killed someone that had the majority vote, but my power isn't a 100% sure thing and it could kill someone else. Me voting for someone alone allows me to kill them, but the second it happens I am out in the open regardless.

Basically, two things are true here:

1. The role is heavily incentivized to claim so town isn't confused when things happen.

2. Mafia REALLY need to prioritize killing me during the day and not at night, where they'll need to wifom whether to use a roleblocker to safely kill me or focus on a potential cop. They could just kill me, but I am 100% using my powers on Day 1. I haven't voted yet because once I do and my vote is active, I can't switch players, only defuse which leaves me open.

I actually don't mind if I'm voted off today, because it'll reveal a lot of information. Mafia know I'm at the very least not with them. My powers are close enough to what a serial killer could be in a Metal Gear mafia game, so they feel comfortable enough going after me openly as it gives them a way to not fake mafia reads. Reread Day 1 and see who started pushing neutral as the most immediate threat and how quickly that escalated.

Honestly, at thee sites I played I would have been killed for my opening post, but there's a wealth of info there if you know each others meta. I don't, which is my biggest problem right now.
Okay, but see, this is part of the issue. You're gaming a system you don't understand. Do you know how games are usually structured here? Do you think there's a cop in this game at all? That's your gamble, after all, to the mafia: Feign or cop. But since WE, as a community, know there's actually often not a lot of straight up cops in our games... you see the issue there?

I'm not interested in baiting you. But I am interested in asking you a direct question, limited, but direct - how much of the structure of a bastard role madness game do you think you know from your role alone? Have you seen the game data sheet with some of our past setups? I don't mean this as a gotcha. I know we talked about it in the OT, I just don't remember if that was with you.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Once again: are you planning to talk TO me or just AROUND me?

since we both avoided to have THE TALK. lets just have it now shall we :D

but first let me get back to the examples. I mentioned Chuggernaut and AWA.
Chuggernaut seemed to come off to me as very passive. I am not sure how to describe it but usually he is much more "UPFRONT".

Interesting Take 3
TheChuggernaut responding to Dr. Monkey and parroting some things she said while agreeing with her. Unusual for him, i will call it as i see it. That is piggybacking ( not sure if it is called that way in English).

A wild Ambulance is a differrent category. I know him as much more of a game solving player which this has not been the case in this game. AWA has much more of a lets smooth along type of game this time around.

okay since we are in a 1:1 conversation i just want to know what you mean with Fanto and Stan? you implying that i am focusing on the wrong trees and should put some light onto them aswell ?

Also i woul also like to know one last thing.

How was your day?

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so Jman did his thing and is probably town. Don't see scum letting a bomb defuser stick around for too long so that'll probably resolve itself.

I feel like we've gone from letting Feign skate by on a claim to letting Feign skate by on flavor and I'm not a big fan of taking his word on that, because that can be faked and even if it's not we have no idea how Nat set this flavor up. Kind of coming around of just letting him do his thing today and seeing where we're at with him tomorrow though.

Monkey's questioning of nin here is interesting. Bringing up some stuff I did not catch. Looking forward to see what shakes out there.
i dont think so? im the only one thats really talking flavour and i dont really see it as a reason to relent.

Feign Modkill
OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Not...exactly.

You asked for my role PM earlier. I won't quote my powers, but I can give you the name and flavor text:

Welcome,

You are Gray Fox the Day Vigilante

You are aligned with the Good Guys (That's the TOWN).

You may not have a name (well.. you do, but hey it made for cool dialogue) [redacted] You also have the ability to vote.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

I don't actually know metal gear so I don't know the significance of my character. I do know that I am not afraid of dying if it helps town.
Sigh... I hate to say it, but you have violated the following rule:

5. Unless explicitly told otherwise, players may not directly quote or post screenshots of any PMs, posts, conversations, or any other type of document that was not made in this thread.

Unfortunately you will have to be modkilled.

Feign has died!

Welcome,

You are Gray Fox the Day Vigilante

You are aligned with the Good Guys (That's the TOWN).

You may not have a name (well.. you do, but hey it made for cool dialogue), but you DO have a gun sword. Starting on Day 3 you may PM the gamerunner the command KILL: (NAME) to kill a player of your choice during the day. You may only do this once. You also have the ability to vote.

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

Majority is now 14.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Can you make a list? No need to elaborate if you have talked about them already, i can go back and look for it.

let me give you the quick n dirty list.

[He/Him] Funky Dude Sparks|Sparkster - UTC-5 : I hate the way he plays but i have to deal with it. Would love to see gone sooner than later

[He/Him] EzekelRAGE - UTC-6 : HE knows he does not have to do a thing and he probably wont get voted off today or tomorrow ( so ballsy )
[He/Him] FateShirou - UTC-5 : Who ? Big Questionmark

[He/Him] Stantastic|Stan - UTC+12 : His vote on me i guess started as a joke ? THe longer the vote on me stays the stanger it is, since i mean i get why you are putting the vote on me down but when the game started there was no real reason.

[He/Him] Zippedpinhead|Zipped - UTC-6 : big Question mark.

[He/Him] A Wild Ambulance Appears|Ambulance - UTC-6. Usually i see AWA as a pro town player, maybe AWA is out of gaß.

[He/Him] Feign - UTC-7 Big Question mark
[He/Him] Ynnek7|Kenny - UTC-5 : ????

[He/Him] TheChuggernaut|Chugg - UTC-6: Initially too passive for my taste, changed into its old self and is now back in form. Not sure if the beginning was him slacking of or what it was.

[He/Him] jman1954goat|Jman - UTC-7 : damn man his vote on Stan and unvoting him in mere minutes, him pushing Feign to put it all out there and then putting it all out there himself. So much to unpack. Not a good look. I mean i think me might be town but his moves were not really good.

[He/Him] SkyOdin - UTC-8 : Still a big mistery

[He/Him] Kopite - UTC+8 : A big mistery to me

[He/Him] HPsauce|HP - UTC+0 Also a big MIstery

[He/Him] Zem - UTC-0 Nice ron swanson gifs but thats it

[He/Him] Faddy - UTC+0 : poking here and there but nothing outstanding to say hey i want to keep him

[He/Him] Neki - UTC-7 Big mistery

[She/Her] Fanto - UTC-5: unsure not sure where to put her

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Sigh... I hate to say it, but you have violated the following rule:

5. Unless explicitly told otherwise, players may not directly quote or post screenshots of any PMs, posts, conversations, or any other type of document that was not made in this thread.

Unfortunately you will have to be modkilled.

Feign has died!

Majority is now 14.

Ah crap, I'm so sorry. :(

I remembered this:

Players are allowed to lie, within reason, about any game-related material such as the content of a role PM.

And assumed, since I was asked to post the role and flavor text, that this was okay. I'll (obviously) be better next time. Really sorry to let everyone down in my first game here. :/

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
okay so he was just a normal vigilante with his powers deactivated until D3.

Bold play of him saying that he might be a bomb and Jman just going with it.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

I remembered this:

Players are allowed to lie, within reason, about any game-related material such as the content of a role PM.

And assumed, since I was asked to post the role and flavor text, that this was okay. I'll (obviously) be better next time. Really sorry to let everyone down in my first game here. :/

shit happens, we learn from mistakes! Hope you had fun and see you next game :)

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
[He/Him] Stantastic|Stan - UTC+12 : His vote on me i guess started as a joke ? THe longer the vote on me stays the stanger it is, since i mean i get why you are putting the vote on me down but when the game started there was no real reason
It was never a joke, we just have a naturally comedic rapour.
Your heightened activity/presence feels artificial and performative. I think your puttin on an act m8.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017

I remembered this:

Ahh dont worry bout it, everyone gets a whoops or 5

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020

I remembered this:

When you reveal your role You have to paraphrase your role from memory like I did in this post
Just to get all the info out the way.

My role name is coolant Spray

My passive is "Bombs dont stick to me"

My active is Every single night I can pick a name and Defuse a bomb if it's on them.

Nothing here is a direct quote from my PM I rearrange the wording and format.

Sorry you got modkilled that sucks

I hope you come play more games with us in the future.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Bold of him making that claim when he was going to have just sit there for 2 days without doing anything.

thats what sticks out to me, they said there was going to be several dead people on D2. With that not happened they should have a plan B.
Weird... but i am not going to look further into it.

Since my vote is not active atm i also might aswell

Vote: Unvote

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Having a neutral surviving is always bad for town, i was one several times and never ever did it turn out good for town.
My stance is this : Always get rid of a neutral asap and dont let it reach Endgame.
Hey i really helped town as an SK in avatar mafia! They even proclaimed me MVP mid game.

I might have been killing what i thought was a town player to achieve that, but still.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Well we know there's a bomber out there somewhere.

If they are neutral it's not a huge deal since bombs dont work on me.

If the scum have bombs I am fucked since they will just faction kill me.

Also third possibility a second scum team with Bomb kill instead of faction kill?

Oct 25, 2017
I will never fuck with a neutral after god damn Box mafia. Really thought he was some kind of SK so that's an oops I'll have to own