Leo

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's a waste of time. Here's why:

jman does something similar in almost every game. While town. There's some big thing that spotlights him and it's often not beneficial to town.

It's not scummy because it's TOO BIG a spotlight to put on himself always and if he's a defuser it is incredibly likely that is something scum will take care of and we don't have to worry about it. If he's still alive d3, then I'm possibly more concerned if the rest of his behavior is suspect. But for now every sign points to ill-considered town play. It's unfortunate but it happens and it's not worth spending time on with ~four hours until EoD. There won't be a jman train today. He's not getting voted out. It doesn't matter. Continuing with this fruitless line of inquiry also looks mostly townie, so I'm not worried about you, but it is a waste of time better spent.

Okay, fair enough. Will keep your thoughts in mind regarding him.

Ynnek7

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't say he's surely scum, I'm trying to solve him. If you agree it's not beneficial to town, you understand why it's sus to me, even though you have a different meta reading of him.
I'll just give you fair warning, this is not how you solve Jman

In my opinion, unless I'm falling for a gambit, jman is no longer towns problem to solve.

If there's a bomber out there who's scum, then scum will take him out.

If the bomber is neutral (could still see Fatman as a neutral), then scum needs to figure out how much of a chance they take leaving a bomber out there unopposed, who might end up hitting them.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
full

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm multiple pages behind but shame about Feign. Apparently I didn't read that post closely enough because the fact they copied passed me by.

Maybe this has been covered but that makes Chuggs bomb speculation weirder to me now that Feign definitely isn't a bomber. I think LP was the one that mentioned it was oddly specific and it's doubly so now.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Just an idea, but how do people feel about offing Sparks?
If there was nothing else to consider today, I'd be up for offing Sparks just to remove some scum would be likely to be leave alive as a body, but since I don't scumread him here and I do scumread others... meh.

You didn't ask me, but I'm answering anyway.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
What's wrong with it? Am I not allowed? To turn the question back on you. You said I'm not trying to figure it out. What am I suppose to do, send you a carrier pigeon? I voted you, challenged you, and asked for reactions - that's literally using every tool in the toolbox rather than deflecting, spreading things out, pulling other people in... oh, that's what you're doing.
C'mon now, your questions are reading like "this is bad, why you bad?" to me. What am I supposed to answer? It's ok to be suspicious of me, but don't be this angry that I can't reply to you.
What's the story I'm missing? Is it referencing a scum game you played?
This was my entry except for intro and some random posts and after I posted that Chuggs challenged me.
Okay let's try this.

Vote: Ty4on

Ty has 19 posts of absolutely nothing
To which I replied. So from my PoV your accusation that I've only been defensive feels disingenuous and doesn't fill me with a belief you're actually trying to read me. My entry was trying to read the Sparks situation.
I'm not reading you directly as scum because this is also kind of you, you make some impulsive and overly certain reads without checking them through as town a lot.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
If there was nothing else to consider today, I'd be up for offing Sparks just to remove some scum would be likely to be leave alive as a body, but since I don't scumread him here and I do scumread others... meh.

You didn't ask me, but I'm answering anyway.
Fair enough :(

Do you still scum read nin? He's a player I'm really struggling to get a feel for.

I mean I already clapped already to your initial post, but we have to consider i am still a train aswell as Ty4on.
And how does you not voting help that?

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Vote: maolfunction

I'm not feeling this Ty vote and i think we need other people. To me maol has been the scummiest person posting. For whatever Ty is being accused of posting nothing maol has been doing exactly the same.
Don't know why so many people are flinging bullshit around in regards to me today.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
C'mon now, your questions are reading like "this is bad, why you bad?" to me. What am I supposed to answer? It's ok to be suspicious of me, but don't be this angry that I can't reply to you.
Let me be clear:

I don't see anything townie from you right now. If I was categorizing every one of your posts, they'd all be iffy or "bad," to use your word. If you look back at my early posts, I had you in my list of people I tend to read wrong. But I don't see much room to read otherwise in what you've done, especially not after Among Us. I know it was a smaller game. Different situation. But I saw there a Ty I hadn't seen in a while. I don't see anything of that Ty here. I'm talking to you to see if you will show me any glimmer, anything. Instead you are reactive, deflective, defensive, unoriginal, following dead ends, and doing little that I can see to solve.

You'll note: I did the same thing to nin. The difference is I felt like nin actually engaged in good faith.
This is how I solve. It's always how I solve. And I see you trying to put the focus back on me and I reject it.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, I was wondering where you're standing right now. I read through your ISO as I was writing that and IIRC I saw you being sus about Maol so was wondering about that unless you were focused on someone else.
See, this what I'm talking about. You "questioned" Faddy (without any real questions), but you dropped it until HE reminded you. There's no drive here. You say I'm not solving and "have an agenda" but... what's this?

So how I read it is: Ty trying to distract, because that's what it looks like. You still don't even have actual questions for Faddy. It comes off as a very loose "oh you are also not super active today so let me see if I can shift focus."

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Maol is interesting, he doesn't seem as.. I dunno how to say it. He normally just forges his own way optics be damned.

Maybe he has been more passive and agreeable this game.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
You'll note: I did the same thing to nin. The difference is I felt like nin actually engaged in good faith.
This is how I solve. It's always how I solve. And I see you trying to put the focus back on me and I reject it.
Fair. I felt like the questions you started with were too rhetorical though. This is a very different game to Among Us and I ended that game being wrong about just about everything so I'm not exactly going to be filled with confidence coming into this game.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
See, this what I'm talking about. You "questioned" Faddy (without any real questions), but you dropped it until HE reminded you. There's no drive here. You say I'm not solving and "have an agenda" but... what's this?

So how I read it is: Ty trying to distract, because that's what it looks like. You still don't even have actual questions for Faddy. It comes off as a very loose "oh you are also not super active today so let me see if I can shift focus."
Not to mention how he accused you of having an agenda, but then only vaguely references Faddy and his thoughts on me after spending time going after me. Doesn't attempt to talk to anyone else in the thread who might read me differently than he does.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Maol is interesting, he doesn't seem as.. I dunno how to say it. He normally just forges his own way optics be damned.

No, this is true, and it has wiggled at the edges of my senses a little - I commented earlier that he seems, to be blunt, nicer lol. I am thinking a lot about our conversations in spec threads but it's all tinfoil stuff and I would rather not tinfoil hard on d1 so I'm just... gonna not.

But I don't disagree and if there's something there by all means godspeed go get it.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway

That's true, I don't have a ton of drive right now.
I dropped off Faddy because I thought he was busy reading something else (which I thought was an old game 😳) and kinda forgot and disconnected from the game a bit.
I don't scum read Faddy though, it was the Maol read that intrigued me.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018

I'm in a similar placde, I don't see myself voting there but I'm happy that he's getting some pressure.

Also chill with the Ty4on train, something in my gut tells me he won't flip scum but when Monkey explains it makes a lot of sense.

I STILL THINK WE SHOULD KILL SPARKS THOUGH
------------------
(This post was made by the Kill Sparks Club)

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
Work ended up being very busy today, I might not be around much including at EoD, sorry to say. I still don't see Ty4on (yes, I saw his post going over Feign's reads). But I'm not suspicious of any of the major counter trains either. I guess I would vote for Sparks if that takes off over Ty, but I'd prefer not to.

vote:TheChuggernaut

This is where I'll put my vote for now, if I have time to check in before EoD and there are opposing trains I'll choose between them. I'll be honest that this is a gut read. Chuggs' analyses just remind me of times when he was mafia. They feel constructed. I wish I had more time to pull posts and explain why. Part of it's based on his early read on Launch, which yes is a bit OMGUS of me, but that's just what I think.

Strongly against voting out Jman today, I would vote for Ty over him.

That's it from me for now!

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, I was wondering where you're standing right now. I read through your ISO as I was writing that and IIRC I saw you being sus about Maol so was wondering about that unless you were focused on someone else.

I don't feel great about the maol vote but better than the vote on you right now.

My more general thoughts are that Chuggs feels town, nin is townie. I don't mind Stan's hard read of nin, whether he is right or wrong it doesn't feel bad.

I think Aeleus has been relaxed and is town. Fate struck me as town. And neki had some townie posts early.

That is my baseline right now.

I'm not sure on a lot of people. Because it does feel like most contributors are pretty townie and you and maol are the most picked on of the people actively posting.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Caught up for now. My current vote on Jman doesn't make sense anymore after Feigns death so I'll go to the next player that's been sticking out to me.

Vote: Maolfunction