• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Since Kenny sacrificed himself for Jman , it was all in all a good play Ynnek7 well played my friend, well played.

Not sure if the ribs are talking but i am still unsure.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
New vote time

Vote: EzekelRAGE

I have a lot of rereading I want to do right now but this is where I'd lean before any of that. Want to look at Kopite, Hawthorn and Verelios in more detail.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
I guess it is possible that you were silently infected with FOXDIE like it is a delayed ninja kill. i assume we will know if FOXDIE is a kill power for Chuggs faction if Leo dies at the end of the day.
Yeah a better thing for me to say is I was never notified what killed me.

If I was infected it works different then how Leo was infected.

From my prospective I suddenly died at end of day and could not receive answer from game runner.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
yeah before going to bed i am leaving this here, with Kenny sacrifcing himself for Jman it will go back to my initial vote the day Prior.

Vote: Kalor

It might change to Hawthorn but at this stage i want to keep my options open, not even sure if i am going to stick with it.

Need to rest my eyes. The ribs were mighty.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Always the same group of people accumulating votes.

Vote: Leo

I don't like his responses to me, and tbh, it's not as common for people who are poisoned to be notified as such in mafia. I think he might be lying about that. jman's claim sort of strengthens that idea.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm back and feeling much better. Just mad brain fog (and I just typed "gof" so it may not all be gone lol) and wooziness but a little rest and it seems cleared up. I'm gonna catch up.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

I don't like his responses to me, and tbh, it's not as common for people who are poisoned to be notified as such in mafia. I think he might be lying about that. jman's claim sort of strengthens that idea.

you know what, i like that you are thinking ahead.
In future tense in order to make this happen i am going to pile onto it.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
You want a reason to vote for Fate?

honestly i was comfortable voting for zeke day 1 and tyon had too many votes
i did not want to get hammer'd
i wanted them to claim

Day 1 vote: left it on me for most of it, didn't vote for any of the wagons at the end. Could've moved but didn't.

probably kept my vote on kalor, if i didnt feel like kenny was worth it

Day 2 vote: on Kalor, didn't move it to/from Chuggs or Kenny. He did ask to hammer Chuggs after he wolfed, but again another safe, self conscious vote.

That, coupled with the questions about ATP and jman (when no one had a reason to believe scum Chuggs) gives me the air of someone who's trying hard to look inexperienced and non threatening.

Did you know that Fate has the 2nd most posts in this thread? Yet he hasn't really pushed anyone hard or gotten into a deep discussion, or even really been in the middle of a discussion topic? He's blending in beautifully. You can't call him out for coasting because he's posting, and he's engaging enough with everyone that they get the sense that he's trying to solve.

He brings up EastEnders. Why? Because he was town, but a bit timid which is why big mean scum took advantage and voted him out. So he's trying to push a little more so it doesn't happen again. Aww.

Why not bring up FGO? He subtly convinced town that he was partnered with town and won the game as scum. Not so inexperienced or non threatening now, is he?

Is this partly a meta read? Sure, but if you want a spicy vote, here's a spicy vote.

Vote: FateShirou

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

I've been thinking about that and in isolation, I'd normally agree. But in a game like this, I think I'd rather wait because there's other factors that could have killed JMan. We still have no idea what the other scum team can do. Maybe we'll find out naturally at the end of the day if it is like JMan.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Also the fact there was no bomb notification from anyone today makes the situation even more messier to guess.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I've been thinking about that and in isolation, I'd normally agree. But in a game like this, I think I'd rather wait because there's other factors that could have killed JMan. We still have no idea what the other scum team can do. Maybe we'll find out naturally at the end of the day if it is like JMan.
So a bomber, a poisoner, and a mysterious third way to achieve delayed kills, on top of a normal factional kill?

game is bastard, but that's pushing my realm of belief

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

What? You think Leo lied about being infected with FOXDIE as mafia. To what end?

Come on maol.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Faddy has been standing his grounds on everything he says and i see that as town. Scum has a hard time doing that because they will say anything that is convenient, no necessarily because it makes sense. In the Zeke x Faddy squabble I'm definitely giving more cred to Faddy (although it's possible he's just scum with the opposite team).
Why? He hasnt made a case on ANYTHING. He's been using me to seem busy and acting like he is scum hunting. This is D3 and he/fanto are still on me, with nothing more to offer town.

He didnt like my reaction to being scumread. Most of my reaction was asking ppl to give stronger reason why other than meta. He can't even point to a post saying this is scum aligned. That's why he keeps using the phrase "what has he does that is townie" or w/e.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Day 1 vote: left it on me for most of it, didn't vote for any of the wagons at the end. Could've moved but didn't.
Neither of the wagons appealed to me, I wont move my vote unless I believe
Day 2 vote: on Kalor, didn't move it to/from Chuggs or Kenny. He did ask to hammer Chuggs after he wolfed, but again another safe, self conscious vote.
Well, I wasnt sure if we wanted to hammer, but i was happy that chugg did it himself
Again there was no reason for me to move my vote to either of them, chugg was leading and kenny looked like a good option
I still dont like Kalor
and I made a few posts about them
and I still have my vote on them
He brings up EastEnders. Why? Because he was town, but a bit timid which is why big mean scum took advantage and voted him out. So he's trying to push a little more so it doesn't happen again. Aww.
Again if you compare my posting here to eastenders you will see a connection
Why not bring up FGO? He subtly convinced town that he was partnered with town and won the game as scum. Not so inexperienced or non threatening now, is he?
I did bring up FGO when i was talking about haw haw
I was relived when we killed them
ur just bitter u died day 1

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Dr. Monkey and Leo

Why where you two doubting Kenny after claimed?

Scum would never claim self day reviver that's dumb he was basically town confirmed the second he claimed.

What were you thinking?

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom

His posts around Kenny today after his role reveal weren't great either. I wonder if because he thought Jman was dead he could fake a poison claim but I don't think that makes sense since he wasn't under any pressure at all. What would be a good reason for that?

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Self sacrifice * after he said he died himself he is 200% town confirmed the doubt is strange as fuck.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
So a bomber, a poisoner, and a mysterious third way to achieve delayed kills, on top of a normal factional kill?

There's two teams so that seems reasonable for this kind of game. Two kill opportunities per team in a game where something like Tys role exists and something happened last night to stop anyone from dying.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
His posts around Kenny today after his role reveal weren't great either. I wonder if because he thought Jman was dead he could fake a poison claim but I don't think that makes sense since he wasn't under any pressure at all. What would be a good reason for that?
I definitely look at Leo tomorrow if nobody else is Foxdied.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I missed some shit. Ynnek7 - thank you. Was the right thing to do for everyone, Kenny. /salute

sorry about the scum reads but man you ducked folks like ten times and it looked scummy af but I will make it up to you in d&d

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Leo talked about foxdie here
www.resetera.com

Metal Gear Solid Mafia Redux |OT| I'll Die After I Kill You

Faddy what are you doing? WUT

that will be very strange, i dont want to spec about how foxdie works and how the scum team does their thing, but I dont feel like thats a good argument to be made against leo
okay, there are two scum teams and Leo was poisoned by Chugg's team. there are plenty of ways for Leo to be scum and still claim to be poisoned, true or not.

but after jman saying he got notification of being infected of anything and croaking, I'm obliged to think Leo is lying and that there isn't a secret ninja dayvig targeting the bomb defuser.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
okay, there are two scum teams and Leo was poisoned by Chugg's team. there are plenty of ways for Leo to be scum and still claim to be poisoned, true or not.

but after jman saying he got notification of being infected of anything and croaking, I'm obliged to think Leo is lying and that there isn't a secret ninja dayvig targeting the bomb defuser.
*no notification

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017

Okay, I'm just looking back up this page but... yeah, it's a lot. Except... it's also not? Or at least so far it hasn't hit much. The Ael kill seems cannier than whatever must have happened last night when there were more obvious options that clearly intersected with something else. I keep wondering about that lack of factional kill in Chuggs' PM and I'm trying not to let speculation run wild. If we'd had more kills, then more would make sense.

Let me finish catching up though.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
I agree that the Leo mystery is best looked at tomorrow, when we might be able to see if anyone else claims poisoned or dies at the end of the day. I don't expect Leo himself to die at the end of the day, since it's clear that the effect he's claiming & whatever happened to Jman are not the same thing.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Possibility that they ninja'd the fox die on Jman because they were worried people would be watching him, as he'd be a good target to watch that night?

I think we keep an eye on Leo but I don't scum read him so far, even if that Kenny stuff wasn't a good look.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
yes there is, being poisoned dosnt mean Leo isnt scum
It would be an interesting flip but is it worth it considering we can go after Zeke, Haw Haw, Kalos instead

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I agree that the Leo mystery is best looked at tomorrow, when we might be able to see if anyone else claims poisoned or dies at the end of the day. I don't expect Leo himself to die at the end of the day, since it's clear that the effect he's claiming & whatever happened to Jman are not the same thing.
Do you think Leo is sus or lying about being hit by FoxDie

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Monkey and Leo

Why where you two doubting Kenny after claimed?

Scum would never claim self day reviver that's dumb he was basically town confirmed the second he claimed.

What were you thinking?
Scum will claim all sorts of things. I reject this question on the base premise.

I kept my vote there because Kenny was being cagey around why he hadn't already done it and didn't seem to actually be getting anything from a strategy of being scummy. Why do you think I kept asking him directly who mafia was and who his scumreads were? It works even less well in a game like this because - and I am going to keep saying this over and over until it leaks into some heads - you cannot trace connections in the same way as a normal game.

Kenny acted scummy. Period.
Town can unfortunately act scummy.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Okay, I'm just looking back up this page but... yeah, it's a lot. Except... it's also not? Or at least so far it hasn't hit much. The Ael kill seems cannier than whatever must have happened last night when there were more obvious options that clearly intersected with something else. I keep wondering about that lack of factional kill in Chuggs' PM and I'm trying not to let speculation run wild. If we'd had more kills, then more would make sense.

Let me finish catching up though.
Nothing to wonder about with the patriots. They are setup as a more passive team than the primary team.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Surprised i was not tagged here when I actually put my vote on him after he claimed.
Missed it lol.

Care to explain why vote the most believable claim in mafia history?

Scum would never claim they die themselves during the day that's literally impossible to fake.

Scum would claim night revive were they live then make up some I was roleblocked bullshit.

I dont understand the logic behind not believing kenny.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Missed it lol.

Scum would never claim they die themselves during the day that's literally impossible to fake.

Scum would claim night revive were they live then make up some I was roleblocked bullshit.

You've done plenty if things I've not understood jman. That's the beauty of mafia.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine you see anyone else as scummy considering how far buried you are in the Zeke tunnel.

I think Verelios is scummy. Looking at the posts where Chuggs is talking to Ambulance it just doesn't feel natural at all.

I am more wary of monkey and Fanto especially after ynnek was town.

I think Hawthorn has been scummy especially with the flip they did on chuggs on day 2. Going from a scum read to a town read.

Then i have a few town. Less now that there is two teams. I think Leo is town, LP has been townie, I still like nin, I am going to keep my Stan as town read. So the other scum are in the remaining players.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Missed it lol.

I have five pages to read so I should probably not spend my time on this, but at least when I was here, Kenny did not claim it was a day action. There was no reason to think it was. So let's say we all just nodded to "the most believable claim in mafia history" (it's not, also, but okay) and then tomorrow Kenny says oops, roleblocked and then after that he says oops I dunno, maybe I was switched. Gosh, who knows. And so every day we have to litigate it again and then everyone says "well let's wait and see." So yeah, scum will claim anything because they can get away with it, it works, we've seen it a billion times before, and it is why we speak of the legend of the hydrocannon. Thank Blarg. But we know scum can game things.

So you can be mad and not agree with the votes or reads or whatever and that's great, do that, follow those leads, please do anything other than sitting and doing nothing, especially now that you're confirmed, but you're flat-out wrong that Kenny was town from the moment he made the claim because plenty of us have Seen Some Shit and I'll tell you, there was room to drive a whole truckload of doubt through that claim.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
If this was a regular game I would be very confident Monkey is town.

Because there's two scum teams allowing her to legitimately hunt people I am way less sure.