Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
You obviously had to claim cause you were 2 votes away from hammer.

As for why mason specifically, I don't know, it's as good a fake claim as any. I can't see any way it could be counter claimed, and you don't have to give any info under the pretext of protecting your partner.
There's no info to give other than who my partner is and it's not a solution if I wanted to escape hammer. At that point, with the roster being over 15+ players it would be better to take the hit myself as scum and WIFOM, rather than drag down 2 people.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
WZHI8r.gif

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Zeke
Neki
LP
Kopite

were the ones who did the move their vote after haw haw claim

I didn't move my vote since the other trains at were either Kalor or Vere. I didn't think Vere was scum and the case on Kalor was weak but the train quickly switched to him. So for me it was either vote for Haw based on the claim being plausible for scum (plus all the other info) or move to Kalor if I believed Haw's claim. It could have gone either way for me and of course in hindsight it was wrong but at the time I wasn't sure what was the right call.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I'm not sold on the claims on the table, so I'm still skeptical of vere. I also am buying into what Faddy's selling. Zeke doesn't seem to have done anything but defend himself even when he's not being attacked (see his exchange with monkey eod 3). Kalor still needs to convince me. Fanto two long posts aside hasn't done anything I think has looked particularly townie but has done a few things that look scummy.

Then there are people like zipped and kopite who I just have no idea about.

I thought Leo had a terrible d3 but I think he has come out strong here, I can feel his frustration at the scum reading he is getting but he seems determined to keep trying which feels townie to me.

I liked Sparks being more engaged earlier but that engagement has become a bit more eye brow raising for me. I'm not gonna pretend for a minute I can read sparks but I'm certainly feeling less good about him.

Nin is similar in that I liked his early game presence but he's kind of just not been around and feels a bit coasty since that strong first day.

I guess my top town are:
Jman (duh)
Monkey
Zem
Faddy

Top unsure feelings are:
Kalor
Vere
Zeke
Fanto

Then everyone else is kind of different shades of I don't know.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
There's no info to give other than who my partner is and it's not a solution if I wanted to escape hammer. At that point, with the roster being over 15+ players it would be better to take the hit myself as scum and WIFOM, rather than drag down 2 people.

Only if you assume scum would reveal who their partner is. They wouldn't, that's why the claim works.

Instead of taking the hit or dragging down two scum, you managed to have a townie killed, so the claimed worked pretty well for scum!Vere.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't move my vote since the other trains at were either Kalor or Vere. I didn't think Vere was scum and the case on Kalor was weak but the train quickly switched to him. So for me it was either vote for Haw based on the claim being plausible for scum (plus all the other info) or move to Kalor if I believed Haw's claim. It could have gone either way for me and of course in hindsight it was wrong but at the time I wasn't sure what was the right call.
1) how do you feel about kalor not wanting to claim yesterday
2) them saying things are looking good
3) their "claim" today about vere visitng them

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Just reading back my post from day two

Kalor - Has a strange town/mafia list (also picked up on by FateShirou) with no info. Said he thought Chuggernaut, Maol, Zeke, Nin were scum, started with an early vote on Chuggs, changed to Kenny when it got close, then unvoted. Thinks Faddy, Monkey, Leo, Ambulance, Sky, are town. Slight scum lean.

But then I read his posts in the last hour or so of yesterday and it just looks bad to me:

I've been busy and on mobile so I haven't had time. I forgot I didn't switch my vote away from you actually, meant to earlier.

Vote: Fanto

A pretty random vote on Fanto, when someone asks why after they've not mentioned them all game? Said they weren't going to claim. But did claim today and I think the claim is slightly hypocritical to their reasoning for not doing so in the first place?

I said it in the previous post. I didn't like their vote on me for it being day 3. I'm aware that I haven't mentioned them prior but I just wanted to see what happened. Didn't think I'd end the day there since I doubt theres momentum there.

I'm not claiming. It won't convince anyone and it's a waste if I do survive.

The next quotes are a weird non defence

Why my train over Hawthorns? You've said my name once on day 1

I would have finally had some good time to play on Day 4 so missing out on some prime Kalor content.
At least there'll be a lot of suspect votes to look at tomorrow, because boy there are a bunch of them.
I'm not sure about this Kalor person. Maybe I should vote for them
I guess all I can say at this point is, what information do you get out of my lynch. Hawthorn will continue to be a big question mark while I was mildly suspicous that suddenly gained a lot of traction, though some of the reasons are valid. If I am the unlucky winner today, I think HP, Fanto, Zipped and Leo are the weakest looking on my vote. Not sure about the worst voters on Hawthorn.

This is still my strongest read despite the role claim. I was wrong with Hawthorn so I'm seriously second guessing myself here but non of this feels town to me. The votes don't help either

Day One - Maol (town)
Day Two - Kenny (town)
Day Three - Hawthorn (town)

You could say the same for a few people so it's no smoking gun or anything.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
You obviously had to claim cause you were 2 votes away from hammer.

As for why mason specifically, I don't know, it's as good a fake claim as any. I can't see any way it could be counter claimed, and you don't have to give any info under the pretext of protecting your partner.
If pushed enough, the partner will probably claim, especially if they townread Vere.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

I feel ok about it tbh.

Seeing that he is a self watcher is probably a role you shouldn't be claiming because it lets scum just play around you. And they probably have a ninja anyway. I think claiming today is ok because he thought he was countering Verelios and maybe scum are out of ninja shots by now.

If he said looking good as scum bait to see if they would visit him and scum!vere did then good play.

I'm still sketch about Vere because there are not many people who could possibly be his mason partner. So many people have voted or scum read him and hardly any defenders.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
What made you townread Kalor?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
If Kalor is actually a self watcher then he is on the opposite team to chuggs because i don't think they would have 2 watchers even if they are for different purposes it feels too samey.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The other person I don't feel too great about is Sky

In the last hour Sky's posts go from "I'm not too trusting in Hawthorn's role reveal"

Then Kalor catches up in votes

to "We must vote out Hawthorn she is scum!"

"Morning everyone, I just got caught up. On first glance, Hawthorne's role sounds like town, but something about it is bothering me on second thought. My gut is really bothering me about. I'm skeptical that it is a town role."

"Okay, what the hell, I step away for a couple hours and now Kalor is tied with Hawthorn? We should be lynching Hawthorn. I am getting high blood pressure from watching town talk themselves out of lynching scum (Hawthorn)."

I don't mind the flavour stuff he came up with, in fact I liked it, and he even says this wasn't a factor in why he thought Hawthorn was scum, but the second post feels panicked when the votes start closing.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm saying that statistically, it would be a bad idea to fake claim mason as scum.
Wow, I didn't even get close to that so I'm glad I asked. I agree. I don't doubt the claim - I believe you are a mason.

I am, however, somewhat surprised that we now apparently have two pairs who don't trust their pairings. But I mean, I didn't believe we had 2349 roleblocks either and here we are.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

I will say, that post from me saying things look good wasn't serious. I just said it since other players mentioned feeling bad about the current state of the day. And since I was up for the vote, I exaggerated and said things looked good.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
The other person I don't feel too great about is Sky

In the last hour Sky's posts go from "I'm not too trusting in Hawthorn's role reveal"

Then Kalor catches up in votes

to "We must vote out Hawthorn she is scum!"

I don't mind the flavour stuff he came up with, in fact I liked it, and he even says this wasn't a factor in why he thought Hawthorn was scum, but the second post feels panicked when the votes start closing.
It was a HUGE tonal shift. I would call it the first red flag from Sky - what did you think of him before that?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'll say this - and it's whatever, because it's not universal - but most of the time I see someone flip out near EoD and screaming that someone is scum, it's a town who got in their feelings for some reason.

I find scum unlikely to be visibly emotional or do something that overt unless they're the kind that go for heavy pockets or specific strategies, like a Sorian. I just don't think that's Sky.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
But what if you are actually a scum mason in a bastard game. Your partner is going to be onto you if you don't claim your real role.
Everything is possible(tm).
Wow, I didn't even get close to that so I'm glad I asked. I agree. I don't doubt the claim - I believe you are a mason.

I am, however, somewhat surprised that we now apparently have two pairs who don't trust their pairings. But I mean, I didn't believe we had 2349 roleblocks either and here we are.
To add on, I don't have any reason to doubt that my partner is town and they've been incredibly forthcoming and honest with Ambulance and then me. I was just giving a reminder that this is a bastard game so don't believe everything 100%.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
To add on, I don't have any reason to doubt that my partner is town and they've been incredibly forthcoming and honest with Ambulance and then me. I was just giving a reminder that this is a bastard game so don't believe everything 100%.
I don't remember you saying anything along these lines yesterday. Did you and I just missed it? I got the sense from a lack of mentioning that you didn't trust but maybe that was me reading into it.

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
if it comes out its just scum making scum moves so we can be like nah scum wont do it
im going to be so pissed lol

FateShirou

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ver didnt you say that you were a mason pair which meant you and your partner were town? or am i misremembering

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
It was a HUGE tonal shift. I would call it the first red flag from Sky - what did you think of him before that?

Without checking back, null I think. After yesterday would still have him null (with a very slight scum lean?) but a lot would depend on a Kalor flip. To be honest, too much of my reads relies on a Kalor flip at this point because I'm also looking at voting patterns.

Non Kalor stuff, I don't like how Sparks and Nin were active day one and now Sparks is being his wildcard self and Nin has disappeared and when he has turned up he's got too involved with Stan so I just kind of skim read it.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
I'd rather not town vote me off seeing as scum will have to do it eventually anyway. Assuming Zipped is town that is.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017

If he had a good role it's understandable that he wouldn't want to immediately out himself. In hindsight Hawthron's role was much stronger but we have no way of knowing that. We also already had 3 claims that today so him claiming late would have forced another late train so I'm not sure how effective it would have been.

I interpreted good in sense that he might not get voted off? He later clarified what he meant but I didn't see it as anything

Vere is claiming mason sleepwalker which would be a very specific kind of role to claim. It does sound fishy but if he was another role besides a sleep walker it seems weird for scum!Vere to go after Kalor because both of them are high suspicion targets today. Unless they're on opposing scum teams, it makes no sense for either scum team to target Vere or Kalor if they are innocent since they took a majority of the heat.

What made you townread Kalor?

I didn't townread Kalor; on my list I had Hawthorn, ATP and Kalor on my list of suspected scum. Hawthorn was just higher for me based on her interactions with Chuggs and what I saw of her ISO. I went over Kalor's ISO and it was just very low energy and relatively passive which didn't scream scum to me. So for me which one I'd be more scared of as a possible scum option and Hawthron felt more likely to be scum to me. I also didn't feel comfortable switching off Hawthron because the Kalor train seemed to form out of nowhere. My votes have been bad this game and I just think I should just go with the opposite of how I feel from now on lol.

I'm just very confused by the relative amount of low scum kills along with Leo still being alive and no one claiming FOXDIE or bombs this day.