Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
If he had a good role it's understandable that he wouldn't want to immediately out himself. In hindsight Hawthron's role was much stronger but we have no way of knowing that. We also already had 3 claims that today so him claiming late would have forced another late train so I'm not sure how effective it would have been.
If Kalor's being truthful about his claim, he knew his role was not as strong as Hawthorn's. He's unlikely to get hit by anything but a cop or a nightkill; no one's going to bomb or foxdie him, so what's he going to learn? Do you think it means anything in particular that he said we'd regret voting him out?
I also didn't feel comfortable switching off Hawthron because the Kalor train seemed to form out of nowhere. My votes have been bad this game and I just think I should just go with the opposite of how I feel from now on lol.
People keep saying this, but it wasn't out of nowhere. It was a natural response to thread events AND some people were talking about Kalor. Who on the Kalor wagon did you suspect?

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
has there been anything in previous games that would chuck someone out of a chat (I assume since they're partners they've been in one since the game started)?

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
So we voted town yesterday after a bunch of moving wagons, the people with claimed status effects are still alive, we have not one but two pair claims, and nothing changed for you?
Well I kinda wanna vote Zipped but If he does I do also so what can you do?

Status effects is whatever to me. I'm willing to vote Leo he's up there for me in terms of scum reads for me but I don't see why him not dying overnight is in kind of indication that he's scum. Just the same as me.

As for the moving trains there's clearly gonna be scum there, literally everybody voted but the most obvious person to point at is Zippex who as I've already stated I kinda wanna vote for anyway.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
If Kalor's being truthful about his claim, he knew his role was not as strong as Hawthorn's. He's unlikely to get hit by anything but a cop or a nightkill; no one's going to bomb or foxdie him, so what's he going to learn? Do you think it means anything in particular that he said we'd regret voting him out?

People keep saying this, but it wasn't out of nowhere. It was a natural response to thread events AND some people were talking about Kalor. Who on the Kalor wagon did you suspect?

I mean if you put like that he should have been more happy to let himself die over Hawthorn but no one likes dying in a mafia game? I don't know what his motivations are for that though. If I had to choose between me and a good town PR dying I'd obviously let the good town PR role live but I don't know if everyone is gonna think that.

ATP and Faddy for me. Leo's EoD yesterday came off as terrible too even though I thought he was town but now I'm really hesitant what to think of him at this point.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
HP said that town wouldn't want the bomb to kill him, implying some greater role. Was just reading that. I didn't say anything like that myself.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
As for me saying you'll regret it if I die, that's because I figured we were a town pair and losing two town overnight would be bad for us but I'm not so sure on Zipped now so maybe voting us would be a good idea.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
HP said that town wouldn't want the bomb to kill him, implying some greater role. Was just reading that. I didn't say anything like that myself.
You're right, I conflated it with the "prime Kalor content" on day 4 comment. BUT! While you're here, you said yesterday there were a lot of suspect votes. You making a list?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if you put like that he should have been more happy to let himself die over Hawthorn but no one likes dying in a mafia game? I don't know what his motivations are for that though. If I had to choose between me and a good town PR dying I'd obviously let the good town PR role live but I don't know if everyone is gonna think that.

ATP and Faddy for me. Leo's EoD yesterday came off as terrible too even though I thought he was town but now I'm really hesitant what to think of him at this point.
Hmm, except for Leo, we have pretty different reads on that. I really don't get the ATP suspicion. He straight up pocketed me before so I feel like I should be more hesitant but I'm just not seeing it.

But I agree with you there. I'd at least claim and let people decide. The win con isn't me surviving. I'm kinda wrestling with how I feel about that now.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
You're right, I conflated it with the "prime Kalor content" on day 4 comment. BUT! While you're here, you said yesterday there were a lot of suspect votes. You making a list?
I mean I'm probably one of those. Kalor made a point of my vote moving. I was at least proven correct in that Hawthorn wasn't the right way to go. As to whether Kalor is a worthy vote at this point IDK. We were basically stuck in between a rock and a hard place at EOD.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

Fanto, HP, Leo and ATP were the votes that stood out at the time. Kopite is one that's also bothering me but requires some digging. That's a tomorrow task for me. I've tried writing posts about it today but threw out multiple so far, so eventually I'll manage something. Though HP is probably town, or at least not someone I'd vote today. Which is the opposite of where I was at the start of the day.

I suspected Hawthorn so I wasn't going to let myself die when I at least know my alignment. Things might have been different if I did feel more confident about Hawthorn being town.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I realise it ain't the most important role going but potentially losing 3 town in one phase wouldn't be great.
giphy.gif

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Is this based off his votes / posts in the thread or what he's said in chat too? I find it so suspect he's just been yanked out of the chat but I have absolutely no idea why that would happen either.
Yes, I second this, because I want to know why you think being pulled out of the chat is particularly suspect.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
The other person I don't feel too great about is Sky

In the last hour Sky's posts go from "I'm not too trusting in Hawthorn's role reveal"

Then Kalor catches up in votes

to "We must vote out Hawthorn she is scum!"

I don't mind the flavour stuff he came up with, in fact I liked it, and he even says this wasn't a factor in why he thought Hawthorn was scum, but the second post feels panicked when the votes start closing.
It was a HUGE tonal shift. I would call it the first red flag from Sky - what did you think of him before that?
To answer this stuff, I feel that it is importtfor me to say that I stepped away from the game to eat breakfast between those posts. During that time, I thought things over and convinced myself that I had to be on to something. When I came back, what had looked to me like a sure chance to catch scum was wavering in the face of a whole new wagon that to me looked like it had appeared really quickly. So I thought that town was talking itself out of a vote again. I came in swinging because I wanted the Hawthorn vote to happen more than any other vote. I was just wrong.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
In fact, you know what it's severely implied in the gif he posted. Anybody paying attention would take that interpretation from the. 'I'm in a chat with someone' post and the jonny/meryl gif

Oct 27, 2017

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
In fact, you know what it's severely implied in the gif he posted. Anybody paying attention would take that interpretation from the. 'I'm in a chat with someone' post and the jonny/meryl gif

I've played the games and didn't pick that up. Just assumed it was a gif to show they were partners with someone, rather than referring to specific types.