• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
Seriously Microsoft needs a new impressive IP to properly establish a foothold in next-gen,Halo was dissapointing to say the least,Fable is rumored to be MMO.I understand they need to sell the value of Game Pass but they REALLY need a showcase title like Horizon for next-gen to add value to the console.I hope the Coalition delivers.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Avowed? I mean technically it's not a new IP since it's part of the Pillar of Eternity franchise but still.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
I think obsidian was a big get for them.
An obsidian "skyrim" RPG? That is single player gold with the right finances.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Avowed assuming it's not co-op or something, but yeah... I wanted a SP Fable so bad

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't they do. I think this is the last gen for Microsoft in gaming. I think series X will be even worse than xbox one in sales.

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
MĂ©xico
Yes they do, it's a big reason i will buy a PS5, Sony has them in spades(at least compared to Xbox)

My main problem is not if but when for MS, most of their stuff looks like it's at least 2 years away from being released.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
I seriously doubt Fable is a literal MMO.

I could see it being shared world. But an MMO like ESO and FFXIV? No way.

offshore

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Would guess that it will likely be Hellblade 2 once they get to show it off, and maybe future Ninja Theory games... but it's clearly a long way away.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Avowed could have definetely won them this pre-next-gen hype if they had some solid 10 mins gameplay. Guess it's simply too early...

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
Halo game play looked great. A couple stills look silly. But still a solid showcase.

Medium looks fantastic.

Avowed looks exactly like what you're looking for.

Hellblade 2 is the definition of a AAA single player narrative game.

And Fable being an MMO is a rumor from one guy, so i'd wait before you put too much stock in that rumor.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
From my perspective, MS is looking for MP and co-op games that can engage player with the gamepass - Something you like or get addicted and then keep paying to play online or with friends.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
I think obsidian was a big get for them.
An obsidian "skyrim" RPG? That is single player gold with the right finances.

Obsidian and Ninja Theory were really smart buys.

Two developers that tend to punch above their weight, but have been constrained by contracts and financial uncertainty in the past.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
Hellblade 2 is my call.

I hope they go all in on that game and make like the "God of War" of Xbox.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
MS has a big enough lineup. They will be fine and we havnt even seen all their stuff.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Eh, Microsoft been multiplayer focused they don't -need- to do anything.

Let Sony do the single player stuff, gives you a reason to get both consoles

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Avowed could be it, but honestly I don't think they "need" one. Kind've tired off everyone wanting MS to be exactly like Sony.... they are different so please let them be different.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One random Twitter user claims Fable is an MMO and suddenly everyone is convinced. Come on, people.

pivotmonkey

Apr 26, 2020
I don't think fable will be a traditional mmo it'll be more like Forza Horizon where your single player world has other people going about their single player story.

Status
Not open for further replies.