• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, GIFs can only carry you so far... let's try something different then. From the roster this time, which players do you normally have an easy/hard time reading?

In my case I believe to have an idea of how exodus normally plays as town from past games, so I'm looking forward to him posting more.

On the other hand - and I mean no disrespect by this! - Funky Dude Sparks is normally hard to place. Jumpy playstyles are always an enigma for me.
Meta is going to be the death of me. I don't think I've played with Brian before and I might've only played or spectated 1 (?) game with Soneji and Reki. Fanto is always going to get side eye because his posts are naturally suss, and as for people I'm familiar with, that's the rest of the roster, especially my scum bro Exo. I have a feeling I'll get a read on how they're playing around midgame, and that's usually accurate.

Although I do have less of an impression on Ketkat, likely because I didn't live long enough to play her previous times.

OP
OP
Stuart444

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Reki (1 votes)
turmoil7 - #182

Ketkat (1 votes)
Maolfunction - #80

Stantastic (1 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #54
turmoil7 - #87 #103

Alexem (1 votes)
Verelios - #75

TheChuggernaut (1 votes)
Stantastic - #134

Soneji (1 votes)
Alexem - #162

Funky Dude Sparks (1 votes)
turmoil7 - #103 #182
Fantomas - #108

Verelios (0 votes)
Fantomas - #47 #108

언이라브 (0 votes)
turmoil7 - #61 #87

Not voting: Reki, Ketkat, Funky Dude Sparks, Soneji, exodus, 언이라브

Post Counts:
Fantomas: 28 turmoil7: 18 Funky Dude Sparks: 18 TheChuggernaut: 18 Verelios: 16 Alexem: 15 Stantastic: 11 Maolfunction: 7 언이라브: 6 Reki: 5 Ketkat: 5 exodus: 5

Current Countdown:
fo6me2pdoo

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
That shit was way too funny lol

-----

Just to get some conversations going here between now and when I get home, I would be interested to hear other players answers to Rekis question a few post above. Aside from that, tell me who is one player here you would want to investigate just based on Meta or how much you worry about their alignment. For example, if Monkey was here, she would be my answer every time. Since she isnt though, I would probably go with Mao or Chugg maybe.

Dont have much more time for now, I'll be back in a couple hours.
I would investigate Stan because I need to know if I can count on my nightime pal or if we should put on DST and throw him off the island. Otherwise, investigate Chuggs to make sure I'm not playing buddy cops while he's playing Game of Thrones.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I would investigate someone unlikely to be NK, that would be sparks and uhh well I guess everyone else is on the usual early death camp 🔥

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
If I could investigate anyone right now, I suppose I'd be interested in checking exodus to see if he's being evasive intentionally, or Brian simply out of curiosity as a wildcard choice. (Naturally I'd like to hear from Soneji, too, since a whole day's gone past now.) I do tend to look towards quieter players early on in case anyone's trying to fly under the radar - in that respect, I might have wanted to check Reki or Ketkat as while they've certainly been contributing, it's been at a more measured rate. Of course, there's a difference between being coy and being busy IRL, so I don't want to jump to any conclusions just yet.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh thank god, people responded! I have some time to respond quick before I run an errand and make some food, then I'll be around for the evening.
I think I've read Turmoil as scum in every game I've played with him so probably him
Do you have any thoughts on Turmoil so far here in this game?
Meta is going to be the death of me. I don't think I've played with Brian before and I might've only played or spectated 1 (?) game with Soneji and Reki. Fanto is always going to get side eye because his posts are naturally suss, and as for people I'm familiar with, that's the rest of the roster, especially my scum bro Exo. I have a feeling I'll get a read on how they're playing around midgame, and that's usually accurate.

Although I do have less of an impression on Ketkat, likely because I didn't live long enough to play her previous times.
"Naturally suss" lol <3
I would investigate Stan because I need to know if I can count on my nightime pal or if we should put on DST and throw him off the island. Otherwise, investigate Chuggs to make sure I'm not playing buddy cops while he's playing Game of Thrones.
What does "put on DST" mean? Your references are beyond me sometimes lol. Any thoughts on Stan or Chugg so far here, at least as far as D1 is concerned?
I would investigate someone unlikely to be NK, that would be sparks and uhh well I guess everyone else is on the usual early death camp 🔥
Why do you think everyone but Sparks could be a target for an early death?
My picks for a N1 investigation would be either Fanto, just to get a solid direction since his gameplay style is similar to a shotgun, or Sparks if he doesn't wind up being lunched today, as his eccentric playstyle does not lend itself to be read very well either.
I can't tell if this is a dig or a compliment, but I will take it as a compliment, thank you.

giphy.gif

If I could investigate anyone right now, I suppose I'd be interested in checking exodus to see if he's being evasive intentionally, or Brian simply out of curiosity as a wildcard choice. (Naturally I'd like to hear from Soneji, too, since a whole day's gone past now.) I do tend to look towards quieter players early on in case anyone's trying to fly under the radar - in that respect, I might have wanted to check Reki or Ketkat as while they've certainly been contributing, it's been at a more measured rate. Of course, there's a difference between being coy and being busy IRL, so I don't want to jump to any conclusions just yet.
Yeah, we still haven't heard from Soneji yet, eh? Hopefully he turns up soon, less than 24 hours to EoD now.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why do you think everyone but Sparks could be a target for an early death?
What I tried to convey was that scum usually kills hard to lunch players, and I don't remember day phases where sparks wasn't up there as part of the menu, so if he is town by green checking him you make scum expose themselves more for the mislunches

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'll defend Chugg. There are very few scenarios I can think of where I would be willing to entertain voting for Chugg on D1. He's always among the most active posters, gives reads, places votes, all the things I would hope everyone does on D1. Now, are any of those things necessarily alignment indicative on D1? No, but I don't like taking those kinds of players out early because if they are Town then they will likely be an asset later in the game when inactivity and a lack of reads/votes can cause a player to be harder to get a read on regardless of their alignment.

Oct 27, 2017
I'll defend Chugg. There are very few scenarios I can think of where I would be willing to entertain voting for Chugg on D1. He's always among the most active posters, gives reads, places votes, all the things I would hope everyone does on D1. Now, are any of those things necessarily alignment indicative on D1? No, but I don't like taking those kinds of players out early because if they are Town then they will likely be an asset later in the game when inactivity and a lack of reads/votes can cause a player to be harder to get a read on regardless of their alignment.

Unvote: TheChuggernaut

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
As of this moment, I would say things are breaking down in my head like this:

Would Not Vote Today:
Chugg
Turmoil
Verelios
Reki
Mao
Alexem
Brian (new player, not gunna oust him on D1)

Might Vote Today:
Ketkat
Stan

Would Vote Today:
Exodus
Soneji
Sparks

Chugg I just explained above and I mentioned feeling Townish on Turmoil so far earlier.

Verelios I will need some more time, assuming Scum doesn't just kill him on N1 to continue the meme. Mao falls in this pile as well, I want to observe him and his votes more before just tossing him out.

Reki/Alexem I don't have much experience with and would like some more, not really looking to vote either out this soon.

Not much to work with from Ket and Stan so far, so we'll see how those reads develop as we move towards EoD.

Exodus has been largely fluff posting so far, Soneji hasn't made a single post yet, and Sparks I mentioned somewhat earlier but it's mostly Meta based. Those are all fine contenders for a D1 vote so far in my opinion.

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of voting

Vote: Reki

They're just playing a lot more subdued than I'm used to and it's making me nervous. Posts are kind of fluffy too

Reki Give some thoughts about the game, friend.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
They're just playing a lot more subdued than I'm used to and it's making me nervous. Posts are kind of fluffy too
Can you quote me an example of what you mean when you say Reki feels "subdued"? They've only made 5 posts so far, and while the first few were pretty normal early game talk, I thought the latest were pretty good, trying to get conversations going and move the game along.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Also

Vote: Exodus

I want more from you, exodus. Anyone sticking out to you so far? I'm assuming you're making a reference to SU when you said that Chugg is tempting, or is there actually something about his play so far that makes you want to vote there?

Oct 25, 2017
Can you quote me an example of what you mean when you say Reki feels "subdued"? They've only made 5 posts so far, and while the first few were pretty normal early game talk, I thought the latest were pretty good, trying to get conversations going and move the game along.

There's just nothing in those post that feels very thoughtful, I guess. I like the idea of getting discussion, but there's not much there in terms of Reki's own thoughts.

Yeah, GIFs can only carry you so far... let's try something different then. From the roster this time, which players do you normally have an easy/hard time reading?

In my case I believe to have an idea of how exodus normally plays as town from past games, so I'm looking forward to him posting more.

On the other hand - and I mean no disrespect by this! - Funky Dude Sparks is normally hard to place. Jumpy playstyles are always an enigma for me.
This debate appears every time. You're right, meta by itself is at best spotty evidence, but having something to lean on when you're completely in the dark is nice.

It gets more interesting when the game advances and you have votes and reads to contrast, though.

You're right, I forgot that! Just don't tell Sparks.

Like there's some thoughts here about Exodus and Sparks, but they aren't really saying anything. I want more out of Reki than this.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Like there's some thoughts here about Exodus and Sparks, but they aren't really saying anything. I want more out of Reki than this.
Yeah, definitely agreed, though I will say that I expect Reki to put out a reads list closer to EoD, they were always pretty good with that in LB3 as Town if I remember right.

I also remember Monkey scrutinizing the shit out of one of their read lists and eventually convincing me to turn my Town read on them around, but I was right and she was wrong lol. :P
Unvote: TheChuggernaut
exodus

any words from you before I prod vote for you?
Before anyone else mentions it, yes I'm aware that Sparks is just openly sheeping me right now lol.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
yall mind if i actually try today? only a little i promise
I think I have met no player here when they were scum

Maybe there is no scum in this game?
sounds like something scum would want us to think.
I'm claiming honor mechanic tied to my vote record and I may or may not have been forced to make this post.
god i had so many theorys on that shit and im so dissapointed it turned out to just be nothing.
yall really are getting in on this shit early aint ya?

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway of everyone id definitely investigate Sparks, i scum read him in every single game i play with him and i think iv been wrong each time.
cannot read that guy.
(hell im doing it right now with that vote on Chuggs)

As for the rest of the chuggs train i have a hard time believing that scum would be that forward on day 1, more like peeps just hoping for a reaction to get past the typical dead air.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Fanto handily sliding into town lead position is worthy of note.

Game/town could certainly use some direction at this point, but will stay wary, wolves on billboards and all that.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right i forgot the meta question, tho its somewhat irrelevant, i barely meta even when i want to, my memory of past games is pretty awful,
and even then i never put much stock in meta arguments as i find there are so many potential outside factors that may influence someones play from one game to the next that making broad call based on "they were differant in that other game" just seems way to lame.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
it's something I'm keeping an eye on, but I knew it was coming as soon as I saw the roster for this game lol
Oh yeah, its not surprising in the least so im not super suspicious of it, figure fanto would do this in any alignment. Hell hed probably find a way to do it from the spec chat.
Im just saying probs not a good idea to get comfortable with it.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
yall mind if i actually try today? only a little i promise
giphy.gif

Oh, I forgot you asked me this. He's kind of just a big null to me at the moment.
No Meta leans or anything? I think a Turmoil that is actively putting himself out there and has a somewhat jokey tone is more likely to be Town than Scum based on my previous experience.
Fanto handily sliding into town lead position is worthy of note.
it's something I'm keeping an eye on, but I knew it was coming as soon as I saw the roster for this game lol
Oh yeah, its not surprising in the least so im not super suspicious of it, figure fanto would do this in any alignment. Hell hed probably find a way to do it from the spec chat.
Im just saying probs not a good idea to get comfortable with it.
x2Ju49n.gif

Trust me, the Town Leader hat weighs heavily on my head, it's not something I enjoy wearing ever since Maple Street (and I guess Image Mafia too, wasn't the best Town Leader there either). Anyways, I welcome any and all suspicion on me, challenge my opinions, converse with me, that is how we will solve the game.
i like how i said i never use meta immediately before making a non-read based on meta.
UoSKFxc.gif

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm not a fan of this kind of thinking as it seems like you're ignoring possible scum based entirely on meta. I've definitely seen games where some of the most active players are taken out and the game stalls, but this line of thinking is really the other end of voting for low activity, which I'm also not a fan of.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
do you just have this gif on a hotkey or something?
because i posted that like seconds ago
👀
I'm not a fan of this kind of thinking as it seems like you're ignoring possible scum based entirely on meta. I've definitely seen games where some of the most active players are taken out and the game stalls, but this line of thinking is really the other end of voting for low activity, which I'm also not a fan of.
I suppose my theory is that if we take out the high post count players early in the game, then who is going to be around to talk in the mid/late game when it's more important? Scum will likely shoot them eventually if they are Town, best not to make their lives easier early on. As long as no one is writing people off for the whole game based solely on activity, I think it's something worthy of considering early on (and in a game this size, that basically just means D1), but that's just my take on it.

My main point in that post was at the end, where I said that a lack of reads/votes being given from a player over the course of the whole game can make things more difficult in the mid/late game. I've seen players make it to LyLo who skipped voting on more than one phase, that's the kind of thing I'm talking about.