• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
Wasn't this loser marching with protestors? Now says this. Someone must got a spanking last night and told to fall in line. Pathetic.

Dormammu

Banned
May 20, 2020
I don't read this as him being supportive of Trump, just him being realistic off what he is currently seeing through his Republican eyes. A lot of Republicans are thinking this already, and a lot of Democrats fear this more than anything. Not going to trash Romney for this when it's not some shocking new take on what could very well happen.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Bruh dont even march if you gonna say this shit right after. Guess it was just a photo op so he can be like his daddy.

Super fucking LOSER. Like I get toeing the republican but damn have some backbone at least.

Squall5042

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't mean it's what he wants. I could see Trump winning even though I loathe the thought of it

OP
OP
hsojlightfoot

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
He said that because he doesn't want Trump to be mean to him any longer. Its not really realistic he will win again if you look at the polls.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Y'all are twisting yourselves into pretzels if you think he wants to give up his majority and have a Democrat win

Micael

Oct 28, 2017
He's a piece of shit regardless of what he marched on, but he isn't a republican shit bag because he believes this, the amount of people that seem to believe this in this very forum is not that insignificant.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't read this as him being supportive of Trump, just him being realistic off what he is currently seeing through his Republican eyes. A lot of Republicans are thinking this already, and a lot of Democrats fear this more than anything. Not going to trash Romney for this when it's not some shocking new take on what could very well happen.
He's telling us what he thinks is going to happen, not that he's happy about it right?

This. In fact, that last line where he says "he won and I lost" seems to be an acknowledgement that typical political predictions don't apply for Bunker Boy.

OP
OP
hsojlightfoot

hsojlightfoot

Apr 6, 2020
Didn't Romney vote to impeach Trump and remove him from office? Sounds like he could've come out and supported Biden.

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I dont think Romney is sympathetic to anything or anyone on the left but I also dont see how anything in the OP says as much either... weird thing to jump to conclusions on.

Dormammu

Banned
May 20, 2020
He said that because he doesn't want Trump to be mean to him any longer. Its not really realistic he will win again if you look at the polls.
I want to believe this but i'm concerned about Russians hacking the election, republicans pulling election day moves to keep certain groups of people from voting in key states, and him refusing to leave office and filing lawsuits if he does lose.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I see Mitt is a believer in the theory that if you keep telling yourself something it might turn out to be true

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
He's telling us what he thinks is going to happen, not that he's happy about it right?

I was going to say this. I mean, I also believe Trump will win again, but thats because I think racists have a strong grip on America these days, it's no longer a "shame" to be a racist so they all came out of the holes.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
It all depends on how successful they are with their electoral fraud, manipulation, vote supression.

In a legal by the book election, Trump loses and Democrats probably win the Senate, and maintain the House majority.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
Don't know why though. Biden is center right pretty much. Voting for Biden over Trump is not a bad thing.
You know that and I know that, but to people like mittens all that matters is the D next to his name. As long as it's there, there's people that will see voting for him as a bad thing. It is unfortunately that simple.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
He voted to impeach on one article and not the other, knowing it would never pass 2/3 anyway

And in that scenario Pence would become president
If trump was impeached, it would be an indictment of his whole administration and the party. Republicans all knew this, which is why they voted the way they did, not because they thought he wasn't guilty. Romney is like the one decent republican and I think you're the one twisting if you think he secretly stans for Trump or genuinely wants him to win again.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Roundabout way of saying, go and vote if you want Trump out then he can slide in as the healing Republican candidate?

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trump has great chance to win again because the democrats picked literally the WORST nominee in its history

He makes John Kerry look like JFK

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Trump has an incumbency advantage and *still* gets positive marks from voters on handling the economy, and Democrats would need to really run the table on a number of Senate races to flip the chamber. Trump stands a really good chance of losing, more than most incumbent presidents, and flipping the Senate now looks more doable for Dems than it ever has. But it's not exactly controversial to say Trump will win and GOP will hold the Senate. A lot of Democratic voters believe the same thing!

Don't know why though. Biden is center right pretty much. Voting for Biden over Trump is not a bad thing.
Biden is not center right. Romney would be much more supportive of Trump if he weren't so personally disgusting and uniquely criminal. Romney aligns with Trump on policy and judges far more often than not, certain more so than he would with a President Biden.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.png

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mittens is a trash boy. Nobody should ever trust a thing he says.

His niece is Ronna McDaniel. A rabid Trump sycophant, racist, and chair of the RNC.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I also think he will win again, what has changed for his base to make that impossible?
They have achieved the feat that everyone of his fuck ups is either "a hoax" or "active misinformation". If people are in the same bubble that made him electable, they are probably STILL in that same one, thinking everyone else is working for ANTIFA. Biden is 10 years too old to be a safer bet and I would love to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.