• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
https://www.pedestrian.tv/film-tv/mra-fuckwits-avengers-endgame-cutdown/

You might recall last year that MRA edge lords produced a cut down version of Star Wars: The Last Jedi that eviscerated the narrative for the sake of appeasing a select few edgelords who pissed their pants over women being allowed in space or whatever. The resultant butcher's job of an edit ran for just 46 minutes, cut out "most shots showing female fighters/pilots and female officers commanding people around/having ideas," and removed scenes in which Princess Leia "scolds, questions [or] demotes [Poe Dameron]."

The Endgame recut, uploaded to torrent sites by an anonymous user, takes a similar line.

The upload carries the title "De-Feminized Fanedit (Anti-Cheese Cut)," so-named because it removes Brie Larson from the movie entirely (anti-cheese? Brie? get it? got it? great).

Here's the details on the cuts they made: (Spoilers obviously)

• No Hawkeye training his daughter
  • No women leader conference, no gay support group talk
  • Moping/Dialogue/Filler in first act severely reduced
  • Any science babble that isn't necessary to understand the story is gone. Nothing takes you out of a movie quite like pseudo-science.
  • Tony doesn't ask his wife's permission to save the universe.
  • Female sorceress gets scared of Hulk and just gives him the stone.
  • Tony doesn't meet his Dad, Thor doesn't meet his Mom, it's pointless.
  • Sadly [Thor is] unsalvageable in general, but I did the best to make him more dignified.
  • Black Panther isn't the first revived Avenger to arrive and gets a bit less time, he's really not that important.
  • Women in final battle severely reduced. In particular Pepper has no business being there.
  • In general, whenever it felt like Marvel sniffing its own farts, that part is probably gone.

I can't believe these manbabies are still salty about Brie Larson. And of course they cut the best parts of the film out.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What a bunch of misogynist, homophobic and racist dipshits.

Last edited:

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I guess if you don't have a job or a wife or a life, you have a lot of time to sit around to waste on this

Can we not give this attention?

better option - no one hears about stuff like this and it's probably best kept that way

we all saw how impactful their captain marvel and black panther boycotts worked

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
So they just totally butchered the movie. What a terrible edit, in so many ways. I don't even know where to begin with how offensive this is.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
  • Female sorceress gets scared of Hulk and just gives him the stone.
  • Tony doesn't meet his Dad, Thor doesn't meet his Mom, it's pointless.
lmfao and they talk about marvel sniffing their own farts

DireRaven

Oct 27, 2017
fuckwits is too kind a word for them...

it's often a wonder how they manage to get up in the mornings, or even breed...

Deleted member 5309

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The dad stuff made me lol, how fucked up is your life that you can't even handle a son seeing his father again????

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
What sad and pathetic lives these losers are living.

Getting so worked up and triggered by women, black panther and everything else

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
This kinda sounds like something no one would ever hear of if there weren't articles made about it.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
guys, they are trolling for attention. stop falling for these antics.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't be shocked if they cut the I love you 3000 line too because they didn't see it important to Tony's character since it has him defer to a girl.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
What a useless way to spend your time and energy.

QUEK.gif

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I knew a guy who, while quirky, seemed like a reasonable person, funny, friendly, likeable. Then I haven't seen him for about six months, while he apparently went through a bad divorce. Sometime during that period, he discovered this whole MRA and MGTOW shit and apparently started to hate all women.
He really managed to go down the rabbit hole of toxic misogyny within the space of six months. Needless to say, we don't talk anymore.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
i don't believe in 'ignoring trolls'. i believe in shaming them into obscurity. ignoring them is how they got to this level in the first place.
I don't think they are getting shamed, though. They're owning it. They are ridicule proof. If people think ridicule works, they haven't been paying attention.

Also, see Milo.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
and they would do it unopposed if people didn't call these stupids out for making stupid bullshit.
No they wouldn't. They would fall into obscurity, which is their true fear.

Again, we're talking about these MRA style film edits. I'm not talking about people making credible threats. Those are not equivalent.

Apr 9, 2019
CLT
He's aware that the comics exist right? There's more than half a century of precedent for the ability of these characters. Especially the "female sorceress." Wild.

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Really? You read all that fucking sexism and racist shit and this is the take you go with? Grown the fucking up.
Can we don't this bullshit in this thread
Your take on this story is this? Fuck off.
Incels suck. We've gone over this in every Captain Marvel thread. If the thread is supposed to go in a productive direction that's the role of the OP to set the tone because now it's just "hey look at this random fucked up shit incels did that you would never have known about unless you read this article."

Status
Not open for further replies.