• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
(mods lock if already posted, did a search but being Resetera that are probably *20 threads on this already)

*Edit: lol literally

Auto HDR Preview for PC Available Today

What is Auto HDR and What Does it do for My Game?
HDR is a video/imaging technique where the lights and darks in a digitally reproduced scene can be shown with more detail than before. In video games, the increased range of color and luminance of HDR enables a more immersive, realistic experience. You'll be able to see the details of haunting movement in dark shadows rather than just black. The bright sun will be a more radiant, warm yellow rather than a flat saturated white, but unless the game is displaying on your monitor with that improved dynamic range, you won't get the benefits of a more immersive experience even if you have an HDR capable monitor.

While some game studios develop for HDR gaming PCs by mastering their game natively for HDR, Auto HDR for PC will take DirectX 11 or DirectX 12 SDR-only games and intelligently expand the color/brightness range up to HDR. It's a seamless platform feature that will give you an amazing new gaming experience that takes full advantage of your HDR monitor's capabilities. The Auto in the title implies how easy it is for you to enable the feature; a simple settings toggle flip will let you turn the feature on and off.

No further word unfortunately on just making the HDR experience in general on Windows suck less. This still requires you to turn on HDR in the Control Panel, which as we know ruins your desktop.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Shit, I read that and thought it was going to say auto HDR detection or something, I sure as shit would like that on windows

Status
Not open for further replies.