• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ser_Luke

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 30, 2019
Should I be concerned here and try to find places online selling Day One or is there still a chance they will ship my PS5 this week?

OP
OP
Ser_Luke

Ser_Luke

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 30, 2019
It'll be fine, but Target ain't great for release date delivery. I have a feeling Target will ship theirs on release day

I made the mistake of getting standard delivery I think I was rushing through just trying to get it placed, I can't recall if there were other options.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm learning via that B2G1 sale that Target sucks at release date deliveries.

Gonna look elsewhere first for future deals.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
dont expect to get anything from target on release day, they're not known for timely shipping. It'll most likely ship out fedex smartpost (which means USPS) and you'll get it sometime next week

Oct 27, 2017
I've never ordered consoles from Target before but I have ordered lots of video games from Target, and the video games have never ever arrived on release date. They usually arrive up to a week after release date.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Mine hasn't changed either but I have a backup direct from Playstation which I'm fairly confident in. I just plan to see which one arrives first and give the second one to my brother.

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
I have an XSX coming from Target, and the date just showed up this AM for Nov 16th delivery.

Seems like despite them being on top of the PS5 controller shipping, for the consoles themselves they are shipping them on or close to launch day, instead of to arrive on launch day.

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Sacrifice that release date delivery for at least having one secured. I expect more of these threads this week.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I fully expect my PS5 pre-order to ship from them on Thursday. They are without a doubt the worst place to pre-order from if your desire is to get the item on release day. If they don't have enough units to fill all pre-orders, they mark your order 'backordered' for a few days, and if they can't then fill the order, they simply cancel it instead of shipping you one when it eventually arrives.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
They probably wont process payment until tomorrow or late tonight. You will have it, maybe not on release day but at worst in the day or two after.

Anecdotally all of my recent pre-orders from the last couple months via target have all showed up on or before release day.

OP
OP
Ser_Luke

Ser_Luke

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 30, 2019
I fully expect my PS5 pre-order to ship from them on Thursday. They are without a doubt the worst place to pre-order from if your desire is to get the item on release day. If they don't have enough units to fill all pre-orders, they mark your order 'backordered' for a few days, and if they can't then fill the order, they simply cancel it instead of shipping you one when it eventually arrives.
Blah so I'm pretty screwed eh?

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
everyone with a target preorder has the same delivery estimate

if you're going to cancel just because you might get yours a couple days late, may i ask pray-tell where you're going to get another release day preorder?

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Yeah same for my disc version. I've reserved to the fact that I'm not getting it on launch day. No big, though

OP
OP
Ser_Luke

Ser_Luke

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 30, 2019
everyone with a target preorder has the same delivery estimate

if you're going to cancel just because you might get yours a couple days late, may i ask pray-tell where you're going to get another release day preorder?
I'm not going to cancel it, I'm worried they might cancel my order from some horror stories I've read.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
Target is slowwwww. anything iv ever ordered iv gotten days after launch

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I have an XSX coming from Target, and the date just showed up this AM for Nov 16th delivery.

Seems like despite them being on top of the PS5 controller shipping, for the consoles themselves they are shipping them on or close to launch day, instead of to arrive on launch day.

XSX comes out on the 10th, so that doesn't sound like they are shipping on launch day to me there lol

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
my copy of Demon's Souls is arriving today but the PS5 hasn't even shipped yet and says nov 13-18, hopefully it ships soon

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I'm not going to cancel it, I'm worried they might cancel my order from some horror stories I've read.

I mean, do you have a backup here? If not, you really shouldn't because launch day is going to be hard to get one. It's best just to wait first. Best to get one a few days later than not one at all, right?

KatieKatsup

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Also stuck on "preordered" but not too worried. As others have said, they'll likely charge cards tonight/tomorrow and ship them out tomorrow or Wednesday. Their window of 13th-18th seems generous in case shipments are delayed. But that doesn't mean they can't get here earlier either.

Personally, I'm anxious but also just glad to have a preorder. Got other things to play this weekend anyways if it ends up taking extra time.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
My Amazon DE order says I won't get it until 11/26. Is it just the DE consoles that are late?

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Anyone that ordered from Walmart have any movement? Mine's still

Arrives by Thu, Nov 12(Package 1 of 1)
Preparing order: Tracking available soon

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Assuming I actually get it that's fine I'm just worried they might cancel my pre-order like some people said happen with past pre-orders

What you're saying makes no sense. You're worried that they are possibly going to cancel your preorder so you are...going to cancel your preorder first in case that does happen. I don't follow your logic here at all

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
Don't think us Best Buy delivery orders have updated either. Mine hasn't, anyway.
I just want it for the weekend, getting it Friday is fine. Hell, getting it period is fine

Tater

Oct 30, 2017
Target peeps are getting their consoles next week

Yeah, my series X has an estimated arrival date of 11/11 - 11/16. I'm a little disappointed, but given that I got to use a 5% off coupon and my red card, I'll take the ~10% savings as a nice bonus for having some patience.

Oct 25, 2017
I dont have an update on my Target order either but all my other accessories (headset and controller) came on time from Target with no issues. Im not worried. Second one is going to my brother in law anyway.

K1ng P3n

Dec 15, 2018
Mine hasn't changed either but if it makes you feel any better my Amazon order for my Xbox Series X just updated today, the day before release, and it's still arriving tomorrow.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
My fucking Series X hasn't even shipped, let alone my PS5. I'm not bothering with Target again after this mess.

OP
OP
Ser_Luke

Ser_Luke

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 30, 2019
What you're saying makes no sense. You're worried that they are possibly going to cancel your preorder so you are...going to cancel your preorder first in case that does happen. I don't follow your logic here at all

I never said I was canceling my pre-order where did I say that? I was asking if I should look into other options incase target does end up delaying/canceling my order.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you have any updates on your personal pre-order, could you make a new thread to keep us informed?

Oct 25, 2017
Just be patient. You have it pre-ordered, just wait. You don't NEED it Day 1. You'll get it when they have it available to ship it to you.

This as well. I may be getting mine day one (Amazon) but I wont be able to play until pretty much xmas. I've waited this long and by the time I get to boot it up, I'll likely be the benefactor of any OS/software updates.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have both consoles preordered through Target. It says the XSX is scheduled to be here next Monday and the PS5 still gives me the 13th-18th range. If the XSX is any indication, it'll probably be the 18th. It's a bummer but considering the state of the industry and the world, I'm grateful to be getting them delivered to my door reasonably close to launch day.

Status
Not open for further replies.