• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What should we do in this situation? My wife is an IT engineer and she was visiting this rich fuck's house and they had a bulldog that bit her leg, she was wearing jeans and the bite marks are pretty shallow, but I am still concerned obviously. She has since washed it thoroughly and put Neosporin on it, but I'm still having a mild panic attack. Piece of shit dog.

Has anyone ever been in this type of situation before? Press charges? Go to the doctor? etc?

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did it puncture the skin? I assume yes.

Go see a doctor, especially if you wish to press charges.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She'll be fine. Sounds like the bites weren't deep.

Any more info? Was the client sorry? Can she get future business out of them?

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Assuming you are in the states, go to the Emergency Room. They will contact the police and make sure the dog is up to date on shots and will be under observation. Of course your wife will be taken care of as well.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Was it on the job? Then it's a job related injury. And she should follow the protocols that the law provides.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
She needs to report it to her work at the very least.
1. It is an injury on the job, needs to be documented.
2. For any future work(If), anyone else going needs to be fully warn. And ideally the company needs to contact the client and say this is unacceptable.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Man that really sucks. This can be tricky, and it really depends on the situation, but 9 times out of 10 if you report the bite, the dog is gonna get put down. Keep that in mind when coming to a decision. Not every bite is a sign that the dog is bad - could be a stress thing, but sometimes it just needs to be done... which sucks but yeah, dogs shan't be biting.

If I were in the position, I'd report it to whomever my higher ups are, and let them sort it out.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
There is way too little info in your post for anyone to answer your questions, obviously if it's deep she should get it checked out. Did she provoke the dog? Was it unprovoked? Was the owner apologetic?

the dog could be killed based off of what you do next.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'd talk to a lawyer and try to settle things out of court, so the dog doesn't have to be euthanized.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Go take her to get a tetanus vaccination right now, most doctor's offices and emergency rooms should be able to do it on the spot.

Secondly, document the hell out of everything, then call the cops, also be prepared to lawyer up and sue the dog owner.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
You need to see a doctor. Washing it and disinfecting is not enough.
Other than that, it's up to you to decide if you want to report it (the dog might be put down?) or if you want to sue. What country?

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
imgur.com

imgur.com

559 views on Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Picture, not going to embed it. I'm more looking for reassurance and to stop me from hypertension

I mean, personally, it doesn't look all that bad to me. You cleaned it and disinfected it.

People here will tell you that her leg is going to fall off. That mostly likely won't be the case.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Not sure what country you are from, but the animal is usually put down in these instances.

ABIC

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
See a doctor immediately, if it draws blood you're going to be in big trouble if there's an infection

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
You need to see a doctor. Washing it and disinfecting is not enough.
Other than that, it's up to you to decide if you want to report it (the dog might be put down?) or if you want to sue. What country?
If this were a cat bite, sure. But it's a dog bite that barely broke skin. Dogs aren't disease infested mongrels.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
That's a very tame dog bite (I've been bitten before and it was about 5x as bad as that image).

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Tricky situation with it being in the owners house. Hopefully the owner wasn't being negligent. My dog doesn't like strangers so if anyone comes over I make sure my dog is secured.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Call the police and ask for the animal to be put down as it's a danger to human life.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
imgur.com

imgur.com

559 views on Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Picture, not going to embed it. I'm more looking for reassurance and to stop me from hypertension
Honestly as long as you guys cleaned it out and keep cleaning it she will be fine. Im sure the dog isnt rabid.

These arent normal times, and going to an emergency room / hospital may be a lot more trouble than its worth.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
As a Child I fell between fighting dogs and I got bit in the head, I had to go get stitched immediately. No idea what happened afterward though.

ciD_Vain

Nov 28, 2017
Los Angeles
I got bit by my dog once during a house party when I was trying to break two of them up for fighting over a dog treat. Had 4 holes on my arm and my brother poured vodka on it. This was 6 years ago and now I am a dog.

In all seriousness, it doesn't seem too bad but you should still get it checked. Also, it seems like a work related injury so she should follow the proper steps and report it.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's not cool and I'd have a discussion with the owner, but let's not default to suing people if it was an accident and it didn't result in damage. I'd just ask them to cover any expenses of the visit/time lost and call it a day.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely ask the owner of the dog for its shot records, and I would take her to urgent care regardless. Better to be safe than sorry, you just never know. If the owners don't bend over backwards to help you out with documentation, get ready to slap the lawsuit button.

TorianElecdra

Feb 25, 2020
Do you know if the dog is vaccinated? I assume protocol would be to get a rabies and tetanus shots right away, but dunno if that applies to dogs or only wild animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.