• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bell_hooks

Banned
Nov 23, 2019
Those intricate animation, beatifully realized location it has to be super expensive to make. I am sorry to inform you but it is all in vain.
But why? You ask...
Well, I just remember on Inside Gaming podcast (or Funhaus) I think Lawrance Sonntag quoted one of game dev/publisher who he spoke with and he said that you don't actually start making money until game 3 in franchise. Well then goodbye mr Druckman, you'll have to sell your house and your beatifull hair.
And come to think of it I'm glad that Rockstar has that GTA IV and V money cause they must have lost shitload on RDR 2.
Epic is fucked, I mean 2 more Fortnites to make money? Come on...
CD Projekt had some real good accounting since they lost money on first 2 Witchers and somehow made third one with 10 times the budget

I know that there was probably some truth to the particular case the guy was making, but man it sounded like absolute horseshit. Publishers use this kind of crap to tell us they have to monetize games in different ways and sell you battle pass etc.
We know of entitled gamers, but what entitled publishers arguments/actions come to your mind?

Please don't shit on devs though, they're the cool ones.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What is this thread

Uh entitled devs..... uh blizzard mostly comes to mind. When they keep telling their fans they are wrong

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
41691.jpg

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Im gonna be honest, maybe its because I slept 2 hours today, but I've now read your post twice, and still have no idea wtf are you on about.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Are we at the point where DRUCKMANNNN will DRUCKMANNNN himself out of ND?

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
If they were an independent who bet the farm on it and sales didn't meet expectations, maybe. But they've been owned by Sony for eons. They'll be fine.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand anything you've said. Or maybe I'm reading it wrong lol

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
The Witcher 1 and 2 sold a fraction of what the first TLOU already did.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
OP, what a ride you had me on the first half.

Who was that dude that said you needed a trilogy to make even anyway?

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
I have been slamming that "ignore" button on all TLOU2 threads to avoid spoilers but I had to check this gem out.

Tough break, Naughty Dog! You had a good run.

Status
Not open for further replies.