• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

www.nbcnews.com

California dad killed his kids over QAnon and 'serpent DNA' conspiracy theories, feds allege

Authorities say Matthew Taylor Coleman confessed to murdering his two young children in Mexico and told investigators he thought they would "grow into monsters."

A California surfing school owner who was charged with killing his two children in Mexico is a follower of QAnon and Illuminati conspiracy theories who thought the children "were going to grow into monsters so he had to kill them," federal officials say.

Matthew Taylor Coleman, 40, was charged Wednesday with foreign murder of U.S. nationals in connection with the death of his 2-year-old son and 10-month-old daughter, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Central District of California. Coleman confessed to the killings, telling the FBI he used a spear fishing gun to stab them, authorities said.

He told the FBI he killed his children because he believed they "were going to grow into monsters" and that conspiracy theories led him to believe his wife had passed down her "serpent DNA" to the kids, according to a criminal complaint.

www.justice.gov

Federal Criminal Complaint Charges Santa Barbara Man with Murdering His Two Young Children in Baja California

A Santa Barbara man was charged today with taking his two young children to Rosarito, Mexico and killing them.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I can't deal with this right now. This is just obscene to the point that makes me sick and angry in ways that I can't handle. Straight to ignore.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
We need to start cracking down on this fucking forum for news items with no value that literally just bum you the fuck out. It feels like a jaffe effect where some users are eager to make threads about disgusting shit because they saw similar news stories posted before and feeds the cycle. What kind of discussion is this thread suppose to have OP?

Mods need to make a tragedy tag next to the news one so I don't have to learn about every sick fuck in this country when casually scrolling through off topic.

Deleted member 10014

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 11, 2021
Serpent DNA?

Did he fuck a snake woman?

I'm thinking this fuck is using this as an elaborate cover to get off on an insanity plea.

There are hundreds of cases of divorcees murdering their children to hurt the ex. This is infuriating.

Cosmic A

Aug 18, 2018
Poor babies. As a father, I just cannot comprehend how someone could do this. Makes me sick.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man. There's pics of his wife and kids all over Google. Clearly taken recently given the ages of the kids. That poor poor mother. Awful awful shit, although I have to suspect someone killing their own children and using Qanon as an excuse is probably a few short of a six pack and would find some other nutty thing to assign it to if not for Q. Not that Q doesn't deserved to be burned to ashes Regardless

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's just sad man. I don't know what else to say. Those kids deserved better.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I still don't know why how people fall for this stuff.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
what a fucking psycho

driving to Mexico shows that he was hoping to get away with it too... sick fuck

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
The world would be a much better place is platforms like Facebook and YouTube hadn't let predators prey upon people for profit.

This individual clearly had issues, but this shit wouldn't be so far-reaching and influencing folks if these companies hadn't turned a blind eye for $$$.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We need to start cracking down on this fucking forum for news items with no value that literally just bum you the fuck out. It feels like a jaffe effect where some users are eager to make threads about disgusting shit because they saw similar news stories posted before and feeds the cycle. What kind of discussion is this thread suppose to have OP?

Mods need to make a tragedy tag next to the news one so I don't have to learn about every sick fuck in this country when casually scrolling through off topic.

On one hand I agree with you but on the other I think its worth constantly reminding people that Qanon isn't just some people that post crazy shit on the internet and are good fodder for making fun of but that they are actively becoming VERY dangerous especially since they are infiltrating the ranks of our elected officials now.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
2 years old and 10 months. With a spear fishing gun? Is that like the actual spear gun with the rope and stuff?

Absolutely revolting.

There's the mob boss that dude killed, the hoover dam shut down, kidnappings, but I seem to remember another one on the west coast somewhere. Folks here (understandably) chalked it up to mental illness and drugs because he was talking about snake people.

GoldenFlex

Alt Account
Banned
May 7, 2021
these fucking people won't stop even when their followers murder their own children...

its insanity

WarMacheen

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
aight, it's time to declare this stupid ass qanon shit as a straight up cult and threat to its own members and society as a whole.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Shit sounds straight out of the Order of the Solar Temple (which was a murder/suicide cult)

wikipedia said:
In October 1994, Tony Dutoit's infant son (Emmanuel Dutoit), aged three months, was killed at the group's centre in Morin-Heights, Quebec. The baby had been stabbed repeatedly with a wooden stake. It is believed that Di Mambro ordered the murder, because he identified the baby as the Antichrist described in the Bible. He believed that the Antichrist was born into the order to prevent Di Mambro from succeeding in his spiritual aim.

I feel there needs to be some sort of containment topic specifically for cases of political extremism, conspiracy related threats and violence, etc. Similar to the capitol insurrectionist arrest thread.

It's not a bad thing to keep track of this shit in the sense of understanding how dangerous these movements are becoming. But it's not good to fill the thread list with every instance of a crime.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
So what is serpent DNA referencing?

Reptilians – also called reptoids,[1] lizard people,[2] reptiloids, saurians, or draconians[3][4][5] – are supposed reptilian humanoids, which play a prominent role in fantasy, science fiction, ufology, and conspiracy theories.[6][7] The idea of reptilians was popularised by David Icke, a conspiracy theorist who claims shapeshifting reptilian aliens control Earth by taking on human form and gaining political power to manipulate human societies. Icke has stated on multiple occasions that many world leaders are, or are possessed by, so-called reptilians.

Status
Not open for further replies.