• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

DES MOINES, Iowa — Former Secretary of State John Kerry — one of Joe Biden's highest-profile endorsers — was overheard Sunday on the phone at a Des Moines hotel explaining what he would have to do to enter the presidential race amid "the possibility of Bernie Sanders taking down the Democratic Party — down whole."

Sitting in the lobby restaurant of the Renaissance Savery hotel, Kerry was overheard by an NBC News analyst saying "maybe I'm f---ing deluding myself here" and explaining that in order to run, he'd have to step down from the board of Bank of America and give up his ability to make paid speeches. Kerry said donors like venture capitalist Doug Hickey would have to "raise a couple of million," adding that such donors "now have the reality of Bernie."

Update, John Kerry responds:

Last edited:

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
He'd be better than much of the field, but just sounds like him getting swept up in the feel of campaigning again. Nothing serious, lol.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
It was bad enough that Bloomberg and Deval Patrick got in as late as they did. I can't imagine doing it after the Iowa Caucus. Not that it would have been a good idea for him to run at any point.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
Centrist: "hmmm. You know what this race needs to stop bernie? Another centrist to split the ready splitted centrist vote. I can do that cause people like me!"

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
This is silly. And they had to throw in some Bernie fear mongering for good measure.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These establishment fools want you gone so they can get back to how things were. But I know the truth. There's no going back. You have changed things. Forever.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I see the future.

This is going to be the only article about this topic, people will get themselves worked up over nothing and he will continue to campaign with Biden and eventually the nominee.

If you want the winner of the Super Bowl I'll give that out too.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Obamas, Clintons, Gores, Kerry's, etc all need to fuck off for good. Nothing to gain from keeping them around.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Even if he wanted to, could he even get on ballots right now in some states? Iowa votes this week lol.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
It was bad enough that Bloomberg and Deval Patrick got in as late as they did. I can't imagine doing it after the Iowa Caucus. Not that it would have been a good idea for him to run at any point.
Centrist: "hmmm. You know what this race needs to stop bernie? Another centrist to split the ready splitted centrist vote. I can do that cause people like me!"

Let's assume he was quoted accurately. I would take his statements he will only consider running as an independent after confirming Biden losing.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is Bernie really that scary lol
A Kerry, Biden, Clinton, Obama, etc. administration would largely fill out the executive branch with similar people, or at least people coming from similar pipelines in government and industry. A Sanders administration would be filled with entirely different people. Activists. Scientists. And it wouldn't even stop at the executive branch. The DNC would be completely remade over the next year as well. So yeah, to folk like Kerry it really is that scary. It'd be an unprecedented change.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Man the DNC really think Bernie/Warren don't have a chance huh?

No, they are afraid that they DO and that the party will be pulled away from what they see as its core current strategy.

Why he thinks he needs to do this, when Bloomberg and his insane money are quite clearly the failsafe should Biden be routed by Sanders earlier than the pundit class currently believes is possible, is beyond me. At the very least, it suggests that the worst fears of Sanders supporters is not true, and there is NO coordination in the establishment, so much as there are a thousand flailing tendrils with no central or peripheral nervous system guiding them.

tshirtblue

Oct 27, 2017
Al Gore might have won if he ran. He was so early and right on Climate Change. Even the South Park guys admitted they were wrong about Gore.

Status
Not open for further replies.