• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I have a 55'' TV mounted to my wall, only it wasn't mounted to a stud because the wall had none, and I've learned that is a bad idea and eventually the TV's just going to fall off. Decided to just get a stand instead but I'm not sure which one to get, I'd like for around $200 or cheaper but I doubt it's that feasible.

Basically it just needs to big enough to hold a 55'' TV and have multiple layers to hold six game consoles.

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
I mean I have one ill sell you for 100...have to come to rva to pick it up ha.

Honestly there are a bunch of options out there. Check Facebook marketplace as well.

Also how are there no studs.

OP
OP
Weiss

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay false alarm, turns out there were steel studs in the wall that the TV got mounted to, and I got confused because I just remember that the guy who put it in had trouble finding a wooden stud so I assumed he just put it up on the drywall.

Unless there's some kind of consequence for mounting a TV to a steel stud, anyway.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Okay false alarm, turns out there were steel studs in the wall that the TV got mounted to, and I got confused because I just remember that the guy who put it in had trouble finding a wooden stud so I assumed he just put it up on the drywall.

Unless there's some kind of consequence for mounting a TV to a steel stud, anyway.

There isn't a problem per se. An ideal mount would have a box frame built into the wall but most people, myself included, don't want to deal with replacing the drywall and painting.

Status
Not open for further replies.