• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Hard mode because i don't remember specifics of the movie, and don't know how to describe music using actual terminology

In my vague memory, this was a theme for a horror movie, or at least some kind of thriller. Doesn't feel like it was post-2000, but I could be wrong. Must be a pretty well-known movie (maybe part of a series) since i don't watch many horror or thriller

the main melody starts with 7 notes and repeats them, and then kind of an awkward pause before starting again, the it repeats again but switches key, I think. pretty sure it's brass instruments. Is a slow theme with a really dreary, ominous vibe.

The first and third note of the 7 note melody are the same, and pretty sure the fourth and seventh are the same. It goes:

first note->lower note->1st repeated->even lower note->higher note->lowest note->fourth note

I feel like it's used at the opening of the movie, with some long, slow zooms of houses or scenery, or just long shots that aren't scary on their own. Appreciate any help

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can somebody at least transcribe this into music notes lol

OP
OP
Spring-Loaded

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
I found it! it was The Shining theme:

I just looked through classic horror movie themes until got to this. Went from Exorcist, to Cape Fear, The Omen, Nightmare on Elm St., and then happened to think of The Shining. Thanks to those who shared themes!

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I found it! it was The Shining theme:

I just looked through classic horror movie themes until got to this. Went from Exorcist, to Cape Fear, The Omen, Nightmare on Elm St., and then happened to think of The Shining. Thanks to those who shared themes!

Ah of course. It's a classic movie. Worth watching every Kubrick movie tbh. He was The Master.

Status
Not open for further replies.