• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So this app just uninstalled itself, but I can't reinstall it because it's still showing up in the apps folder.

There's seemingly no solution but to run some "old win 7 Application Overview window in win 10" to get rid of it, but I have no idea whatsoever how to do that.

I can't just let it be either, because my keyboard is going crazy rainbow mode right now and it's hurting my eyes, and I can't change it without this dumb software.

Help please. :/

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
That sounds hilarious, i am very sorry for your issue but it made me laugh.

so as not to be totally unhelpful, what do you mean by it showing up in the apps folder? Is it's still showing as installed in control panel? You might be about to force remove it from the registry if you're careful.

OP
OP
Wamb0wneD

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That sounds hilarious, i am very sorry for your issue but it made me laugh.

so as not to be totally unhelpful, what do you mean by it showing up in the apps folder? Is it's still showing as installed in control panel? You might be about to force remove it from the registry if you're careful.
Yep. In apps and features, it's still showing up, but can't uninstall it there. When I try to redownload it from the browser to just reinstall, it says it's still installed. But the shortcut on my desktop says it can't find the program, and when I try to open the actual program instead of via link, it says can't be found.

When I tried to uninstall it via control panel, it says there seems to be an issue, and that I should make sure its still there...or something.

Edit: Lol the third time the control panel asked me if I still want to just remove it. Then redownloading and installing usddenly worked. What in the world...

Status
Not open for further replies.