• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Hey guys, so my fiance and I have found out that her parents have been abusing our sister(on her side of the family) . A couple of weeks ago, he even assaulted her.

With that news, we really wanted to get our sister to stay with us, at least until she can feel safe. We spoke with her school counselor and the social worker at her school about this. Apparently though, it's still "under investigation" because the dad only speaks Japanese. They haven't found a social worker to do anything, and this has been going on for about 2 weeks. So literally nothing can be done, and if we took her, she would be considered a runaway.

Meanwhile, our sister doesn't feel safe, her mom is an enabler of the abuse, and there is apparently no recourse. I just feel extremely trapped with worry about this. I just don't know what I could do, and I really want our sister to be safe.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Is this in the US? If so, beyond the school, are whatever child protection agency exists involved?

OP
OP
Lozjam

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Is this in the US? If so, beyond the school, are whatever child protection agency exists involved?
Yes.

And apparently yes. However, nothing has been done so far because they need a social worker to talk to the dad for the investigation to continue. They cannot find a person that speaks Japanese to continue.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Yes.

And apparently yes. However, nothing has been done so far because they need a social worker to talk to the dad for the investigation to continue. They cannot find a person that speaks Japanese to continue.

If the state-level child protection agency is involved, call the local (usually county-based, some times major metropolitan city-based) office and start going up the supervisor chain. Identification of language services should not take that long. Almost all child protective service agencies have a maximum number of days to complete an investigation, and I'd emphasize that + safety in speaking with supervisors.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Im confused with the "our sister"
Do you mean her sister? Her parents are abusing her sister?

chronos4590

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What state do you live in? There has to be some sort of crisis center for any sort of physical mental and or sexual abuse that could assist you guys. Get an organization like that if you can find one and get things ready for state involvement. So sorry to hear what's going on :/.

OP
OP
Lozjam

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Im confused with the "our sister"
Do you mean her sister? Her parents are abusing her sister?
She is going to be my sister in law in a few months. We already refer to each other as sister and brother.
If the state-level child protection agency is involved, call the local (usually county-based, some times major metropolitan city-based) office and start going up the supervisor chain. Identification of language services should not take that long. Almost all child protective service agencies have a maximum number of days to complete an investigation, and I'd emphasize that + safety in speaking with supervisors.
Thank you. I will maybe try doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.