• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Title explains it. I have never played any Fallout game because they never seemed to interest me/appeal to me. Looking back at old trailers/gameplay videos, I still got this sense of 'meh' everytime I watch them.

Here's the thing though.

The Outer Worlds feels different to me. Ever since that Game Awards trailer/showcase I found myself interested, although I see people everywhere saying it looks/feels exactly like the Fallout series.

There is a gameplay video from Game Informer (so subpar commentary guaranteed), but how do you feel about it?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Maybe? Too early to say. You think the trailer looks more appealing to ya so there's probably your answer.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
How do you feel about RPGs in general? If you like other RPGs but not the Fallout series you'll be probably fine, but if dislike RPGs as a genre I don't see how you could like The Outer Worlds.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
This game seems very different from fallout, however not much has been seen of it yet so I can't even say whether I'd like it or not yet.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
How we possibly answer this..

Just buy New Vegas OP, its must've dirt cheap currently on steam sale

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This seems pretty much impossible to say. Like, the best bet is to just try New Vegas, since that's the game that most people are comparing it to.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
It's made by the folks of New Vegas, people's favorite Fallout game so it's gonna have at least the soul of a good fallout game, it would probably play a lot different though.

OP
OP
TheBiInBilingual

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
How would I know....

Do you like video games that's 99% presented in gameplay? Including the story and ''set pieces''?

Do you like player agency instead of a scripted cutscene or forced slow walk section? Do you like choices in games that's more than just an illusion?

If so, then this is definitely for you.

However, If you are one of those people who think a story moment is lame because it's not properly animated and directed like a cut scene should then this is definitely not for you. Basically if you think the video below is lame and should be a well directed cinematic instead then step away from these types of games.

Last edited:

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
I just came back from the future. Tge game is amazing for people who haven't played Fallout. It's one of their marketing messages even.

Get it.

Oct 27, 2017
How would anyone know it isn't out yet?

I'd just wait until reviews hit. Maybe in the meantime try some of Obsidian's other games?

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
How on Earth can we tell you if you'll like a game no one has played, especially if the only info you're giving us is that you haven't played the games that might be similar to it?

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
Well, i never played any new IP before it came out and i pretty much liked a lot of them so...

Status
Not open for further replies.