• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Phil has been saying this for a while and has made visits out to Japan recently to scope out partnerships.

I'm hoping they pick up Mistwalker.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Hopefully it's another company that is ailing in the current market and could use a stable partnership to deliver excellent games. So far their acquisitions have mostly fit that mold, and I'm all for value-additive acquisitions.
Imagine the salt if they bought FROM
Unlike this fanboy wet dream nonsense that serves no purpose beyond platform wars wankery.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure that's a good idea for most Japanese studios. I wonder who would be willing to sell.

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I think theyll end up buying your favorite japanese studio, or Square Enix.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a questionable investment given the xbox's long history of not buying Japanese games no matter the quality.

It's just Spending money to tick a box.

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
I wonder if that's gonna be enough for Xbox to become a relevant brand in Japan...
The answer will always be no. Microsoft could take over Nintendo and it would still be no.

Okay, that's a slight exaggeration, I'm pretty sure if Microsoft took over Nintendo they would actually gain some momentum, but that's incredibly unlikely so... anyway. No.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Mistwalker is a design house though. Though I can see them forming triple AAA dev team if given enough time to grow.
Mistwalker did head up Lost Odyssey. Microsoft has plenty of money and people to move a full on development staff over to them. Would be worthwhile too, given Microsofts advertising abilities now. Lost Odyssey was fantastic. Sakaguchi is still there (I think), so I'm sure they could come up with something truly fantastic... again. It'd be silly to not want to put money into the dude who made Final Fantasy.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
He thinks it'll be nice but it probably won't happen though, unless it's a small studio. I don't see a big Japan studio being invested in a dead platform in their own country.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
klobrille's tweets are not considered thread worthy (thread based on them were closed in the past because of that)

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I don't think klobrille putting a Phil Spencer quote in a picture is much of a hint at anything.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Mistwalker did head up Lost Odyssey. Microsoft has plenty of money and people to move a full on development staff over to them. Would be worthwhile too, given Microsofts advertising abilities now. Lost Odyssey was fantastic. Sakaguchi is still there (I think), so I'm sure they could come up with something truly fantastic... again. It'd be silly to not want to put money into the dude who made Final Fantasy.

Lost Odyssey was developed by Feel Plus, a studio that no longer exists. Mistwalker just did concept and idea work.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Valhalla studio with Itagaki seems like a wasted opportunity. A Next gen Ninja game by Itagaki, Damn.

Mistwalker with LO too.
Instead Crackdown and other projects made more sense to them /s
Wasted money

Status
Not open for further replies.