• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1659

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't a crypto thread.

My crypto accounts are all paying out staking rewards gave me some extra money to invest in the world of NFTs so I started dipping my toes into that space recently. I only started so I'm not as knowledgeable as I'm sure many of you are so I didn't spend much money on them. I just set aside a few units of my crypto per a month to look for NFTs.

This is mine: https://pool.pm/98dc68b04026544619a251bc01aad2075d28433524ac36cbc75599a1.hosk

For those new to the NFT arena like myself, it can be tempting to look for NFTs that net you millions of dollars off the bat but those instances are rare. You don't need to spend that much money right away. The ones I have for instance were less than $1000.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
My "this isn't a crypto thread" opening line is raising a lot of questions answered by the opening line.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Nfts are a horrible investment. Don't bother trying to make them a thing.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
For those new to the NFT arena like myself, it can be tempting to look for NFTs that net you millions of dollars off the bat but those instances are rare. You don't need to spend that much money right away. The ones I have for instance were less than $1000.

NFTs that net you anything worth paying even "less than $1000" are also rare. Do you honestly believe you're going to make money?

kai3345

Oct 25, 2017
ngl op your nft kinda sucks

QmWqmA6Hqpfq2Av1F5Ty2xiyB27xB3TLc1qVXwZkU13q3E

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
"If I say NFT's aren't a crypto pyramid scheme, it makes it true!"

Fuck NFT's.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna break away from the dunking going on and say that NFT is pretty much Crypto and there's a ERA hangout thread which I'm sure you can talk about NFTs there in:

www.resetera.com

Cryptocurrency |OT2| Money's New ERA Shoots for the Moon! | Read OP for Thread Rules OT

This is the Second OT for discussing cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology that powers them. The original OT can be found here: Cryptocurrency |OT| A New ERA for Money. This space will be for discussing all subjects related to the topic of cryptocurrency: investing, mining, buying/selling...

Otherwise this thread is in for a bad time

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
As an artist who was recruited by the website MakersPlace back in 2018 to be one of their launch artists, and I did join as the way it was explained to me at the time sounded like an interesting premise, let me just chime in with what others have said...
Fuck NFT's

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
These responses smh.

If you're sharing images of the NFT doesn't that defeat the purpose of having paid for that NFT?

lori

Oct 25, 2017
considering the environmental impacts is crypto discussion really okay to have around here

i just kind of assumed it'd be banned?

OP
OP

Deleted member 1659

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
considering the environmental impacts is crypto discussion really okay to have around here

i just kind of assumed it'd be banned?

A lot of NFTs are minted on Proof of Stake blockchains. Bitcoin isn't capable of it and Ethereum gas fees are too high at the moment. Here's a website that sells NFTs on the Cardano blockchain as an example. https://cnft.io/

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I have a nice picture of a toenail sculpture. Ten thousand toenails collected from over a thousand doners. All glued together with ear wax. The sculpture itself is of a giraffe pissing on the planet earth—the intrinsic meaning of which would take far too long to explain. This thing is going to be worth millions.

It's not an NFT though. Fuck those

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
i decided to look at what his actually is. there's a blockchain platform called cardano. hoskinsons are NFTs of simpsonsesque art of real people within said blockchain platform's ecosystem. so OP has a drawing of a minted coin with charles hoskinson's, the founder of the cardano, face on it.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
OP this is your full portfolio right? there's some real bangers in here. what are you favorites?

YyyZUuw.png

Nov 1, 2017
At least the traditional way came without the same environmental impact.
Independent digital artists can't sell "originals" like traditional artists. So the main alternative is selling thousands of books and prints, which you literally can't do without the logging to make the paper and the fossil fuels to ship them all over the country/world. So let's not pretend like NFTs are unique in being bad for the environment lol

Status
Not open for further replies.